Epic Systems Corporation

Updated Jan 23, 2015

2.8

370 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Developer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

First Round..phone interview, Interviewer called me at the scheduled time and introduced about the company, then lot of general conversation about how did you hear about us , why do you want to be as software developer, technologies you want to work on and ended with technical question

Interview Questions
  • Technical Question at the end of the interview asking ideas about implementing it   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Epic Systems Corporation

Software Developer Interview

1st round is a phone interview, just go through your resume and ask a design question which is not hard.
    and following a online assessment, which not so difficult, several parts, one is coding, could use any language you want.

Interview Questions
    • I was ask to choose a data structure to store the information of course that student take   View Answer

Software Developer Interview

Very friendly phone interview, followed by an online, web-cam proctored skills assessment. Online skills assessment was ~3 hours long, with four sections with brain teasers, a made-up programming language, a coding section, and a speed-math section.

Interview Questions
    • A man finishes painting his house but needs something more. He goes to the hardware store and the clerk points out what he needs and says "It's 1 dollar for 1." He says, "I need 600, here's $3". What did he buy?   View Answers (2)

Software Development Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

I applied the internship through the career fair at my school. Got a phone interview 2 or 3 weeks after I turned in my application on their website. And I took an online assessment test 1 or 2 weeks after the phone interview. I'm still waiting to hear them back.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in November 2014.

There will be a screening interview in which recruiter will ask about basic information and will question on your project followed by one technical question. the call will last for 40-45 min. Online assessment has to be completed within few days after the screening interview

Software Developer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in November 2014.

Phone interview and online assessment, there are several parts in the assessment, the hard part is programming. The phone interview will ask the questions of you resume and background. And ask one design question.

Software Developer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in November 2014.

Applied online and receive interview invitation after about 2 weeks. Did the online assessment and took almost 3 hours. During the phone interview, first asked me why epic and some general questions. Then each projects listed in my CV were asked by interviewers. Last he gave me a technical questions. It was more like a design problem instead of implementation details. Hope i can have onsite soon.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in November 2014.

There is a phone interview, which is fairly simple. I remember being asked a design question on creating a auto-complete feature for mobile phones.

After clearing the phone-screen, the next step is the skills test. It had 4 sections.

1. Speed (20 minutes) - questions are simple. Speed matters. Do not swell on any question for long. 10 questions in all as I remember

2. programing questions based on a new language - This is fairly intuitive and simple

3. Logic based puzzles- Most of the questions are repeated. Going through the list on glassdoor was really helpful

4. Programming part - 4 questions in all. Not difficult, but once can be a little tricky. Going through the list of programs covered on Glassdoor/ careercup was really helpful. Most of the stuff gets repeated from a pool.

-----

and thats about it. Once you clear this, you get called for an onsite interview. Most of the onsite interview was interaction-based. Be attentive and ask pertinent questions wherever possible.
    Two main interviews happened at my onsite experience:

1. Talk in depth about one of the projects you have worked on. So I ended up explaining my summer internship project, went well!

2. A design-centric problem is given. I was asked to show how I would implement a dashboard which would allow monitoring of children < 5years who are supposed to receive polio vaccines. It had to be designed from the standpoint of the nurse, who would be using the system.

Both interviews went well, so expecting to hear a positive reply from the Company.

The experience was fabulous and the campus was exquisite! Extremely beautiful and creatively done. Also, the lunch was brilliant, thoroughly enjoyed it! :)

Software Developer Interview

Initially submitted resume through university's job recruitment site. Heard back within two weeks. Schedule a phone technical interview. Was asked some questions about why I wanted to apply to Epic and one technical question. Was relatively simple. Used a hash table to remove duplicates from a list. Within a week I took the online assessment. The programming section is the most difficult. Has three questions that require some dynamic programming. Within a week I got an on-site interview. On-site interview is very nice and very easy. There two technical portions where you are expected to explain a project you've worked on and given a case question to think about. I was told I'd hear back from Epic in about a week. Waiting now.

Interview Questions
    • A few of the online assessment questions are tricky. One asked something about the price of a fruit if you know the price of a few other fruits. Not sure what the trick is.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in November 2014.

Phone interview about project and no technical questions
    Online assessment with 4 parts, it takes me about 2.5 hours
    Onsite interview after 12 days.
    Onsite interview with 1 project interview, 1 case study and 1 HR interview