Epic Systems Corporation Software Developer Interview Questions

Updated Jun 26, 2015

2.9

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Interview

After submitted a transcript of undergraduate course, I got the Phone Interview. After the phone interview, I have an online assessment. Now, I am waiting for the result of OA.

Interview Questions

• Why epic?Why cs? Describe a project. A technical question: a square maze, a robot at the start, how to find the way out? Follow up, if you know the maze structure, how to store the maze? Follow up, how to find the shortest way out of the maze   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Epic Systems Corporation

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Interview

I applied online. Got a mail in a week for a phone interview. I scheduled it and got a call as per the timing. The interview was for about 40mins. Went really well. The Epic Software Developer was pleasant , understanding and really patient. He asked me about my resume, projects and one tech questions. He helped me through it as well. Over all really liked the company as he told me a lot about it. Waiting to take the online test, which I hear is really hard to crack. So have to work extra hard on the preparation!

Interview Questions

• We have n patients, m indicators. Patients are diabetics and they have many indicators which tell that they are specific to being a diabetic. Develop an algorithm to find the top five indicators common among all patients?   1 Answer
    • What extra feature does your project work for? Like image files or videos?   1 Answer

Software Development Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Interview

2. Online exam including 2 min math section, coding portion, new language multiple choice, math/logic portion. This was proctored by a third party so no internet access or notes.

Everything is relative easy besides the coding section, thought they recycle questions often so search and practice. Also apply in the Fall, as they are much more lenient in their requirements for interns and end up filling most of their positions.

Application

Interview

Applying during on campus job fair. 2 weeks later, i got an email to schedule phone screen. After that, they asked me to schedule test. The technical online assessment is proctored, and someone gonna look at your from afar. Haven't heard back from them.

Application

Interview

Phone interview from a programmer (Bob) in Wisconsin . Few simple behaviour questions and focus on Tech questions. No requirement of specific language( I picked SQL and python), but general questions about algorithm, like selection, ordering, sorting, and etc. They care about your approach to a problem instead of coding skill.
    Then further online assessment will ask 3 ( or 4) questions for specific coding.

Interview Questions

• How to develop an algorithm to connect tables (health data) by primary key?
      What is the complexity of your algorithm?

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Interview

Applied onlineand received a phone interview request via email after two days. During the phone interview I was asked basic questions about my background and why I wanted to be a Software Dev at Epic. Asked to describe a "development project" in some detail.

Following phone interview I took the online assessment. The coding problems were typical of those in interview prep books. I was surprised to see 3 brain-teaser questions, like the 55cents in two coins problem.

Was not chosen to continue the process for Software Dev, but was instead invited to interview onsite for Business Intelligence Developer role.

Interview Questions

• "Describe a software development project you completed?"   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in March 2015.

Interview

Submit my resume in campus career fair. Then got an email to schedule a phone interview. around phone interview, take an online test.Phone interview asks some common questions, and some project i wrote on resume. the online test has 4 part. first part is 10 math questions, and should finish in 10 mins. 2nd part is some math question. 3rd is ask you to learn a new programming language. 4th part is 4 programming problem.

Interview Questions

• produce all possible string given a sequence of number. each number represents 3 or 4 alphabetic characters like the old mobile keyboard.   Answer Question
    • a company wants to give its employee phone numbers. there are several requirements. 1. cannot have two same digit in neighbor. 2. if 4 is in the phone number, 4 has to be the 1st digit.
      given length n, print all possible numbers.

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Madison, WI) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied through dice– interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.Everything is relative easy besides the coding section, thought they recycle questions often so search and practice. Be confident and prepare your resume well. They will only ask question based on what you have written in resume

Interview Questions

• 1. Phone call with a developer, casual conversation about previous projects, why Epic

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Rochester, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

First round is phone interview, just a few simple questions and may ask you about the projects you did before. Second round is online assessment, which is comprised of 4 parts, math, quick questions, learning a new language (MIIS) and coding problems. The last round is onsite interview.

Interview Questions

• Can you introduce the project (face recomposition) you did before? (phone interview)   2 Answers

Application

Interview

The interview was nice and the interviewer was very patient. First he asked about how much I knew about the company and the reason for application. After that we through something on my resume. In the end, he ask a short technical question and all things were done. Waiting for the second round right now.

Interview Questions

• In a single link-list, how do you find the last but 3 node?   1 Answer