Epic Systems Corporation

Updated Dec 18, 2014

2.8

346 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Developer Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

The first round is phone interview. There are some behaviour questions like tell me about yourself, why you are interested in Epic. Then go through the resume, almost talked about every thing on the resume. And an algorithm question, if a robot is following you, how can it find you. Last, there are some general questions like do you willing to relocate?

Interview Questions
  • There are not some difficult questions in first round interview, but they have an online assignment after the first round phone interview, it took more than two hours.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Epic Systems Corporation

Software Developer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in October 2014.

Phone interview followed by online skills assessment. Know why you want to work there, they will ask you on the phone. Only one technical question was asked on phone, but it wasn't easy, it took some thinking. Online assessment has four parts as already mentioned. Logic goes by too fast, math and programming language part are not bad as long as you focus on the question, as they try to trick you. The programming part was not that bad, know how to manipulate strings, as you cannot use IDE during the test, make sure you brush up on substrings, indexOf, char to ascii, and so on. Otherwise, as long as you know how to reason and think about problems, the questions were not anything too difficult. I am still waiting for a reply on whether I made it past this round.

Software Developer Interview

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in October 2014.

Submit an application. 30 min phone interview that was half behavioral/half tech. 2-3 hour online logic, math and programming test. First three sections were fairly simple but the last coding section was pretty difficult. After that they offered me an onsite interview. Interview 'superday' started with a software demo, then a chat with a developer. Tech interview, lunch, tour of the amazing campus, and finished with an HR interview.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult part was just walking through a past project and explaining thought process and how to improve the code.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in October 2014.

I took an online test. It had 4 sections. One of them was timed (2 minutes), the other three were not. They were all challenging, but managable. Then I had a phone interview. The person was a little awkward (and so am I) so the conversation was less than fluid.

Interview Questions
    • 1.5 eat 1.5 pizzas in 1.5 days. How many pizzas can 6 people eat in 6 days?   View Answers (3)

Software Developer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in October 2014.

First a 45 minute phone interview. first question is why epic, second is why software developer, then let me talk about one of my project. At last a data structure problem.
    Then it is online assessment. four parts. 1.2-minute 2.four programming problems 3.new language
    4.math problem

Software Developer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in October 2014.

I submitted application at career fair. A few days later, I got an email to schedule a phone interview and online assessment. In the online assessment, there are speed, math, language learning and coding section. After 2 weeks, I got a rejection email.

Interview Questions
    • Phone interview is just like a free talk with interviewer, talking about my project and asking questions. Online Assessment is much more important and tricky. I finished the test 2 hours and a half. I do not think the OA is very difficult after testing. However, I got the rejection email after 2 weeks. I really do not understand why I failed in this test. I know someone who has several bugs in his coding section also get the onsite later. It was a disappointing experience. I tried to ask for some comments on my phone interview and OA. But there is no reply.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in October 2014.

First is a phone interview, discussing projects and one technical question (appointment scheduling). The second one is a online assessment. This is the most difficult one and once you pass it, you already have a high chance. The final is onsite: one interview for project, one interview for a small case, and a discussion with the recruiter, All in all, the second one is the most critical one.

Interview Questions
    • Appointment scheduling. Didn't study it before, and difficult to detail on phone.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

There was initially a Technical phone screen where the interviewer asked about my past projects and my motivation to apply to Epic.

Then the asked me to take up an online assessment. The assessment was 4 hours long and consisted of 4 sections.
    1. 2 minute Aptitude round
    2. Math round
    3. Learn a new programming language round
    4. Programming round

The programming round was the one that I struggled with. They asked a couple of dynamic programming questions that took a lot of time for me to solve. Rest of them were string manipulation questions which were easy.

Software Developer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in October 2014.

phone interview + online test
    talk about the resume in the phone interview and take the test in online test.
    the online test consist of 4 part
    one of them is 4 programming question, it is easy if you have read CC150

Software Developer Interview

interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in October 2014.

ask some hr questions and some behavior questions and some resume questions
    then he told some detail about epic. one case study about question about patients and diseases. i do not know how to answer. he said it is not serious. eventually i ask some life and work balance question. he said they need work very very hard. And i ask tools, he said VB