Epic Systems Corporation Software Development Intern Interview Questions

3.2

26 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Developer Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

I applied through a career fair held at my university.
First round was a phone screen, which was a "get to know you better" sort of interview.
Second round was a timed online skills test (I believe you can take them offline as well), which tested programming knowledge, learning ability, quick thinking, and outside of the box thinking. This round was the toughest part, but I thought it was pretty enjoyable overall. There is not much you can prepare for, which is a sign of a good test.
Third and final round was an on-site interview. If you've gotten this far, you're pretty much guaranteed a position (as long as you don't screw up). Epic flies you out to their headquarters and gives you a pretty nice tour of their facility. There is a really simple one on one interview where you're asked to describe a project you've worked on.
Once complete, you should hear back within two weeks.

Interview Questions
  • There is a section on the skills test that requires you to think outside of the box.   Answer Question
No Negotiation

Other Interview Reviews for Epic Systems Corporation

Software Development Intern Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

After a phone screen, I was flown on site for a day of tours, testing, and interviewing. The experience was a bit exhausting and overwhelming but I was convinced of their desire to determine fit rather than qualification. They let me know the decision a couple of weeks later.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Verona, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Verona, WI

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Met a recruiter at a career fair--he set me up with a phone interview a few weeks later. The phone interviewer asked me about a past project I worked on, what I learned from it, what was the most challenging problem I had to solve--questions of that nature. Then, he asked me an open-ended technical question about building an application on Google Glass. It didn't require any coding; I just described on a higher level how I'd use the hardware to design this application. I was then offered an on-site interview, which I found strange as I had not done anything technical on my phone interview.

The on-site interview was very accommodating. They placed me in the Madison Concourse hotel and I had dinner with an Epic employee the two nights I was in Madison.

The interview itself was very long. Mine began at 8:45AM and I left the headquarters at around 4PM. The technical aspect of the interview was all done on a computer. They had a coding section, a quick 20 questions section, a math section, and a reasoning section that involved slowly being introduced to a new programming language and answering questions about it.

Since the coding part is done on the computer, it could really hurt candidates who don't remember a small piece of syntax.

The math section had brain teaser questions. I did not know companies still asked these kinds of questions--the use of dated interview questions reflected badly on me.

The other "interview' portion of my visit was a 20 minute interview with an employee about a project I had done. It was informal and pretty casual.

Interview Questions
    • Find all the possible passwords, given the length of the password and that it is a well ordered number (159 is well-ordered as 1<5<9)   Answer Question

Software Developer Intern Interview

Handed my resume at my school's career fair. Got a phone call two weeks after. A technical phone interview, then took an online assessment test

Interview Questions
    • they make you write pseudocode or code
      there is an IQ test, math test, and the programming section
        Answer Question

Software Developer Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in November 2013.

I received an email from a recruiter. Got one round phone interview and talked with a developer. Heard back from them 3 days ago and scheduled an assessment. I felt the assessment was not hard. The programming part was ok. The math part and new language part were kind of tricky.

Interview Questions
    • How to determine if there are any automobiles in a picture taking on a intersection? It's an open question.   Answer Question

Software Developer Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Technical Phone Interview, focused on my previous projects along with a technical PM question. Brought onsite to take their technical tests which involved three short logic/math tests and one longer programming test.

Interview Questions
    • Most efficient way to represent a weight with smaller weights of 3,7,16   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Verona, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Verona, WI

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in October 2013.

I applied at the Career Fair in my college and was shortlisted for interviewing. Initially, I had a HR round where behaviorial questions and one design question was asked. After that, I was asked to take an online test. I qualified in that following which I was called in for onsite interviews.

Interview Questions
    • I didn't find anything difficult in their screening process. Key to succeeding is being strong with basic computer science and math.   Answer Question

Software Developer Intern Interview

applied through career fair and got a call for interviews.

got other offer

1 HR Interview and 1 Software Interview
    Then they flew me out to Madison where half of it was a tour of the campus and finding out more about Epic. The other half was assessments (a math assessment, logic assessment (they present to you a made up programming language, and a programming assessment) and interviews (1 HR interview and 1 interview with a software dev). You also get to try out the food at their cafeteria for lunch, which is pretty awesome.

Interview Questions
    • The programming sections was the most difficult. Just make sure you're very comfortable with algorithms.   Answer Question

Software Developer Intern Interview

They came to recruit on campus. Talked to rep, filled out a short application online. Took a ~3hr programming/math test on campus, was then flown up about a month later for on-site interviews. Campus tour, software presentation, got to eat lunch at the very cool cafeteria. Two interviews, one with a software developer, one with a HR personel. Everyone was very friendly, the software interview was not very technical, asked me more about projects I had worked on and why I had made management/technical decisions. HR interview was standard personality interview.

Interview Questions
    • The programming/math test introduces a "made up" programming language, and tests you on how it would work. Not terribly difficult, but definitely different then most technical interview questions (there were also some standard "write pseudocode/code to solve x" questions as well)   Answer Question

Worked for Epic Systems Corporation? Contribute to the Community!