Epic Systems Corporation

Updated Jan 29, 2015

2.8

373 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Developer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

The interview process consisted of a 30 minute, behavioral phone interview and a lengthy online technical assessment. The phone interview was pleasant, and the interviewer seemed really cool, but the online technical exam was a bit grueling and stressful. It tested speed, math, and coding abilities. If I had made it past the technical exam, I would have proceeded to an on-site interview.

Interview Questions
  • The technical exam was much longer than I was anticipating   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Epic Systems Corporation

Software Developer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

I applied online for the software developer position. A few days after submitting my information online, I received an email asking me for a phone interview. Two days before the phone interview my HR contact emailed me again asking me to take an online assessment. The assessment wasn't too bad, The only difficult part is the programming section. The phone interview was short, the interviewer didn't seem interested. I never herd back from them.

Software Developer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Hiring process for me consisted of 2 interviews. One was a 'sanity' interview where we went over my resume and talked about past projects etc. The second one was a more technical but not too difficult. It was a set of simple boilerplate questions that I would expect most people to have seen/heard in other interviews or from other interview reviews.

What I had not expected though was a written 3 hour exam. At that point, I decided not to move ahead with the process since I was not able to find the time. They were nice about it though, and kept reaching out to me for taking the test, but this wasn't the job I was aiming for.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected really. The technical interviewer sounded so bored. I don't think he was trying to trip me on a question.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Initial short phone interview, very casual. Just a chat with one of the current software developers. Then an online test which is long. It took me over two hours to finish the thing. The programming questions are a bit challenging but doable. Then an onsite interview. Onsite interview mostly asks about a past project.

Software Developer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

I applied for this position as a Recent Grad. Got a mail from the HR asking me to submit my Transcripts so they could move forward with the recruiting process. I did so and got a mail from the HR telling me that a Phone interview was scheduled. The interview went good. Was asked about stuff I mentioned on my Resume. I was asked to schedule an online test. I am waiting to take the test.

Interview Questions
    • Be strong with the stuff you mentioned on your Resume.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

First, resume. Second phone interview, just ask some behavior question and resume review, it is normal and easy. Third online assessment, Careercup bbs has almost all the coding questions.besides logical questions, quick questions and math questions. if you do a good preparation. you will get the onsite. Fourth, onsite, demo - talk with an engineer - resume interview - study case interview - hr interview - visiting the campus. Fifth, got offer in a week.

Interview Questions
    • the most difficult part is the online assessment. but you can prepare it via careercup bbs. if you get onsite, you will get the offer 90%.   Answer Question

vb ~~

Software Developer Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

I submitted my resume via online application and received an email shortly afterwards to set up a phone interview and another email about the technical assessment. The call was with a software developer, but it was pretty basic and seemed to be trying to gauge general fit/provide an opportunity to ask questions. I took the technical assessment the following day, and it was much more difficult than anticipated, especially the programming portion.

Software Developer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

One 30 min. over the phone interview with easy non-technical questions. Why do you want to be a software developer? Talk about a project you worked on. Are you willing to relocate? Then you get a chance to ask questions. The interviewer was a software developer and he was informative in answering my questions. Very polite as well. Then you are required to complete an exam on Proctoru.com that consists of 4 parts: 2-min speed test with about 10 easy questions but hard to get done in 2 minutes, a math part that is easy with a simple calculator (you are not allowed a more advanced one) with some brain teasers that are probably meant to eat up time, a new programming language part that is easy but you need to be careful on some parts as they are tricky, and finally a programming part in C/C++ or Java with 4 questions that took up a lot of time for me. Overall I spent about 4.5 hours. You do the exam remotely on your computer anywhere you like but you have someone monitoring you over webcam. You should be knowledgeable in data structures (arrays and linked lists) and fundamental algorithms, strings(converting to decimals via ASCII), etc. Be ready to take a lengthy exam!

Interview Questions
    • I have 55 cents in two coins, one of these coins is not a nickel. What are the two coins?   View Answer

Software Developer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Overview: 1 phone interview, 1 proctored online technical test, a few on-site interviews and Q&A sessions.

Dropped my resume on their website in October 2014. From there, took a preliminary 30 minute interview with a software developer (not an HR guy) reviewing my past work and answering my questions about Epic.

Proctored online test after that with a timed IQ test-style part, a brainteaser part, another to test how quick you can pick up a new programming language, and another that asks you to program a small function in a language of your choice.

Didn't hear back for a while so I assumed I'd been turned down. News came in November 2014 that they wanted to fly me out for a day-long interview. They were very generous: they put us up in a Hilton in Madison, covered all cost of travel and food, and invited us to dinner with real Epic employees. (Tip: try the local specialties, like beer-battered cheese curds, and explore UW's campus.)

Since the technical interview had already been taken care of online, the time spent on-site was mostly (I presume) used to gauge whether we meshed with the company culture and to show us what the workplace is like. They started with an overview of Epic's software suite (which was sorely needed--the website isn't very helpful for that), then had us break into small groups for Q&A with an employee.

My rough patch was here. We were put one-on-one with a developer in a room with a whiteboard and asked to explain a project we'd worked on. I personally had only a very minor project to present, and my interviewer didn't seem too impressed when I finished before even half of my time had passed. I spent the rest of the session asking her questions about her job.

Then we were taken to lunch in the cafeteria. Epic brings in gourmet chefs from Madison to do lunch and subsidizes the meals to about wholesale levels--big points scored there for me since I love food.

The day ended with a tour of campus and Epic's peculiar workspaces. A few notable characteristics: (1) No cubicles. People are put in small groups in "real rooms". (2) Buildings have themes. We were shown the D&D/castle building, the NYC building, the Nordic building, and the newly-finished barn building. (3) Almost all software developers work on this campus to facilitate cooperation. (4) The Verona office is almost entirely off the grid, being powered by geothermal, solar, and wind energy.

Received a call 2 weeks later saying they're extending an offer. As others have noted, a relocation stipend is available, as is prearranged housing. (Though you can choose to take that money and arrange your own housing.)

Software Developer Interview

Phone interview about behavior questions and what is your favorite project and details. Oline test about mathematics , logicl coding questions,and coding questions. When you passed them, you will receive next further infomation such like onsite invitation.