Epic Systems Corporation

Epic Systems Corporation Software Engineer Intern Interview Questions

2.7

12 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Interview at company in madison. Programming & logic tests.

Interview Questions
  • Don't remember any hard question, but I didn't get an offer   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Epic Systems Corporation

Software Engineer Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

I had a phone interview, and then I was asked to do a online coding test. A few weeks later I received an email saying they will be proceeding to other candidates.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

I applied through college or university. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in November 2013.

The first round, the phone interview was informed around 2 weeks after our campus career fair. After the phone interview, it was a skills assessment test online. The final round is an onsite interview with one interview about previous project and a short HR interview.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do differently if you could do the project again?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

First I did a phone screening which wasn't that hard. Some technical questions about how you did your projects and what would you do if you were to do that project again.

Then came the skill assessment test, which was harder. There were math and programming question. The math wasn't that bad, however the programming ones were tiring. Basically I needed to code 4 programs in 4 hours, however, completion time would also be considered.

I passed the skill assessment test and was invited for final onsite interview. Had a nice lunch and talked to smart people there, and finally talked with the HR. I mentioned several stupid things during the last part of the onsite interview, like how I would leave Epic after 3 years if I got the job (don't do that!).

Didn't get the offer and moved on.

Interview Questions
    • Given a integer, which is the length of a string containing numbers, give a complete permutation of strictly increasing numbers.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Verona, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Verona, WI

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in September 2013.

I caught their attention when they came to my campus for an on-site career fair. Their phone interview wasn't too difficult either - there weren't any coding questions.

However, the more annoying part of their interview process came a little afterwards. Some of the few things that bothered me the most was that they wanted my high school GPA and my ACT / SAT score.... which wouldn't bother me so much if I wasn't in college already.

Their online assessment wasn't any better either. The math portion of the online assessment made me feel even more insulted; it seemed to be annoying algebra or word questions people would ask middle schoolers.

However, once those were over, the on site interview was fantastic. They made me feel extremely welcome, and I can definitely tell it's one of the best places to work at.

Interview Questions
    • Suppose you have a set of patients in the United States of who are at risk of heart attacks. Each person has a device on them that returns a set of 15 boolean values, each value corresponding to a risk factor for heart attacks. (You don't need to understand the hardware implementation of this device, just understand that it works.)

Describe a database that will help doctors understand when a patient is most likely at risk of a heart attack.

View Answer

Intern Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Potomac, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Potomac, MD

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in September 2013.

The first interview was easy they asked how to go about finding correlations between n groups of viruses. I used a nxn array. They then asked what if memory was constrained so I said hash map. The second interview was a little harder and you need to know recursion. First you were asked to do a method where you take in a number and print the first ten terms of a sequence which shows the number of numbers such as 11 then youd have 21 then 1211 then 111221 ect then last question was hardest you had to say how to take one string and get another string using only letter flips like bad to bda to dba to dab.

Interview Questions
    • last question was hardest you had to say how to take one string and get another string using only letter flips like bad to bda to dba to dab.   View Answer

Software Engineer Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

1. online test: similar to GRE verbal test and computer aptitude test. For example: ship to fish as ( ) to bird.
    2. phone interview: they will ask you some basic background questions and introduce a lot of themselves
    3. skill test: test your math skill and coding skill at third party.
    I failed at step 3.

Interview Questions
    • technical question: similar on how to design sending text on old cell phone   Answer Question

Software Engineer Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

First round was an HR round. Revolved around simple resume questions. Lasted for 30 minutes. Got a call for online assessment test. Test consisted of MCQ s on their own language and then some coding questions , can be coded in any language. Simple algorithmic question, 4 in total, needed to be written in 2 hours

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in October 2012.

Applied at my college career fair, was called for a HR/Tech interview on the phone after about a week. Questions about past projects, favorite projects, why Epic ....

After that, I was called onsite, for a 5 - 6 hour interview/test marathon.

There were interviews on Case Studies, HR interviews, 1 to 1 with an employee and Project Presentation. Tests were on programming languages, maths and English.

Interview Questions
    • consider the cell phone keypad. Numbers xyz are given, write a program to enumerate all possible string that could have been prodcued.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in November 2011.

I applied the job on their career website and got a reply after 2~3 weeks. then there will be a init phone screening, about introductions, projects on the resume and 5-year plan and etc, nothing too serious. then a writing exam taken in a local exam institute, including codings/aptitudes/maths. after 3 weeks, got declined by the company.

Interview Questions
    • all the questions from that exam seem never changed in recent years, which can be found in websites like career cup .com , just do most of them....   Answer Question