Epic Systems Corporation

Getting the Interview

11 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Engineer Intern Interview

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Interview Details – I had a phone interview, and then I was asked to do a online coding test. A few weeks later I received an email saying they will be proceeding to other candidates.

Interview Question – Parsing log files for login data   Answer Question

Madison, WI

I applied through college or university and the process took 7 weeks - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in November 2013.

Interview Details – The first round, the phone interview was informed around 2 weeks after our campus career fair. After the phone interview, it was a skills assessment test online. The final round is an onsite interview with one interview about previous project and a short HR interview.

Interview Question – What would you do differently if you could do the project again?   Answer Question

Verona, WI

I applied through college or university and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in September 2013.

Interview Details – I caught their attention when they came to my campus for an on-site career fair. Their phone interview wasn't too difficult either - there weren't any coding questions.

However, the more annoying part of their interview process came a little afterwards. Some of the few things that bothered me the most was that they wanted my high school GPA and my ACT / SAT score.... which wouldn't bother me so much if I wasn't in college already.

Their online assessment wasn't any better either. The math portion of the online assessment made me feel even more insulted; it seemed to be annoying algebra or word questions people would ask middle schoolers.

However, once those were over, the on site interview was fantastic. They made me feel extremely welcome, and I can definitely tell it's one of the best places to work at.

Interview Question – Suppose you have a set of patients in the United States of who are at risk of heart attacks. Each person has a device on them that returns a set of 15 boolean values, each value corresponding to a risk factor for heart attacks. (You don't need to understand the hardware implementation of this device, just understand that it works.)

Describe a database that will help doctors understand when a patient is most likely at risk of a heart attack.
  View Answer

Software Engineer Intern Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Interview Details – First I did a phone screening which wasn't that hard. Some technical questions about how you did your projects and what would you do if you were to do that project again.

Then came the skill assessment test, which was harder. There were math and programming question. The math wasn't that bad, however the programming ones were tiring. Basically I needed to code 4 programs in 4 hours, however, completion time would also be considered.

I passed the skill assessment test and was invited for final onsite interview. Had a nice lunch and talked to smart people there, and finally talked with the HR. I mentioned several stupid things during the last part of the onsite interview, like how I would leave Epic after 3 years if I got the job (don't do that!).

Didn't get the offer and moved on.

Interview Question – Given a integer, which is the length of a string containing numbers, give a complete permutation of strictly increasing numbers.   View Answer

Intern Software Engineering Interview

Potomac, MD

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in September 2013.

Interview Details – The first interview was easy they asked how to go about finding correlations between n groups of viruses. I used a nxn array. They then asked what if memory was constrained so I said hash map. The second interview was a little harder and you need to know recursion. First you were asked to do a method where you take in a number and print the first ten terms of a sequence which shows the number of numbers such as 11 then youd have 21 then 1211 then 111221 ect then last question was hardest you had to say how to take one string and get another string using only letter flips like bad to bda to dba to dab.

Interview Question – last question was hardest you had to say how to take one string and get another string using only letter flips like bad to bda to dba to dab.   View Answer

Software Engineer Intern Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Interview Details – 1. online test: similar to GRE verbal test and computer aptitude test. For example: ship to fish as ( ) to bird.
2. phone interview: they will ask you some basic background questions and introduce a lot of themselves
3. skill test: test your math skill and coding skill at third party.
I failed at step 3.

Interview Question – technical question: similar on how to design sending text on old cell phone   Answer Question

Software Engineer Intern Interview

I applied online and interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Interview Details – First round was an HR round. Revolved around simple resume questions. Lasted for 30 minutes. Got a call for online assessment test. Test consisted of MCQ s on their own language and then some coding questions , can be coded in any language. Simple algorithmic question, 4 in total, needed to be written in 2 hours

Interview Question – questions on their own language had unexpected values   Answer Question

Madison, WI

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in October 2012.

Interview Details – Applied at my college career fair, was called for a HR/Tech interview on the phone after about a week. Questions about past projects, favorite projects, why Epic ....

After that, I was called onsite, for a 5 - 6 hour interview/test marathon.

There were interviews on Case Studies, HR interviews, 1 to 1 with an employee and Project Presentation. Tests were on programming languages, maths and English.

Interview Question – consider the cell phone keypad. Numbers xyz are given, write a program to enumerate all possible string that could have been prodcued.   Answer Question

Madison, WI

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in November 2011.

Interview Details – I applied the job on their career website and got a reply after 2~3 weeks. then there will be a init phone screening, about introductions, projects on the resume and 5-year plan and etc, nothing too serious. then a writing exam taken in a local exam institute, including codings/aptitudes/maths. after 3 weeks, got declined by the company.

Interview Question – all the questions from that exam seem never changed in recent years, which can be found in websites like career cup .com , just do most of them....   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Software Engineer Intern Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in March 2012.

Interview Details – The process was standardized.
The first step was a screening phone interview. The call was about verifying information on the resume, technical interests, etc. Took about half an hour.
The second step was a skills test at a test center of your choice. The alloted time was 5-6 hours. You can very well complete the test in under 2.5 hours. I feel that the skills test plays a decisive role in the selection process because interns donot have a strong technical interview. This phase would take upto 2 weeks for the results.
The third step was the onsite interview. It takes about half a day with a tour of Epic. A presentatino of what Epic does. An informal chat with an employee. A 1:1 talk with an employee about a challenging project what we had worked on. Last , but also one the most important part, the HR interview. The questions are a bit tricky. The Hr will try to test your personality.As a part of the HR interview there is a 2 mins skills test.

Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at Epic Systems Corporation

Worked for Epic Systems Corporation? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Epic Systems Corporation Software Engineer Intern interview questions and advice. All 11 interview reviews posted anonymously by Epic Systems Corporation employees and interview candidates.