Epic Systems Corporation

Updated Dec 15, 2014

2.8

173 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Met at career fair, received an invitation to a phone interview; half the interview was them trying to sell themselves the other half was questions like why do you want to work with us, why do you like computer science. The interviewer was a developer and was very friendly and helpful for keeping me at ease. There was an online proctored skills test later, It is LONG! Expect a good five hours. You are allowed one break and the test is broken into several mini-tests but you may only take one break. I did not get to their in person interviews

Interview Questions
  • all parts of the skilled tests are timed even the ones that say they arent   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Epic Systems Corporation

Software Engineer Interview

Submitted my resume at a university career fair twice, and once online so of course I got noticed. Contacted a few weeks later saying I was moved forward and was asked for my transcript. A week later was emailed saying I was not moved forward.

Software Engineer Interview

I apply online and get a phone interview one week afterwards. The phone interview is just about behavior questions like what is your most challenge project. Then you will do a online test which has 4 coding questions. you cannot compile it or run it. So I dont know how they judge these problems

Software Engineer Interview

Applied through university's career system, got respond a day later. The phone interview took about 45 minutes. It consists of basic self introduction and project detail explanation, as well as two simple programming problems, mine is about hashtable. No coding is involved. In the end, you could ask some questions.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Once you apply online, they schedule a phone interview with you. The interview is mostly informal but they also ask you a couple of technical questions. The guy I talked to was very friendly. On the side, you are also required to take a quantitative assessment test which lasts for a couple of hours.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Got a phone interview first. Very easy, most parts are regarding on behavioral questions. Only one technical question on A* algorithm. Not ask for code. just talk about A* algorithm and how it works. Ask about if there is no results, what A* would deal with. Then on-line assessment. I took 3 hours. I thought I did not bad, but just no pass.

Interview Questions
    • The online assessment is not hard. But I just spent too much time on it. One is on sorting, one is on BFS, and one is on combination set. The math and logic problems are ridiculous to me.   Answer Question

Software Engineering Interview

First step is casual phone screen with a developer at Epic. Next step is an extensive online technical questionnaire that took nearly 4 hours to complete. I didn't advance beyond this round, although from what I'm reading of the other interview experiences it seems that onsites are right after. Quite surprising because companies usually have more rounds of off-site interviews, and usually not administered by a computer.

Software Engineer Interview

I was contacted for a quick phone interview. Answered very basic questions about software design choices. Nothing was explicitly technical except for choice of data structure. Then, I was asked to complete an online technical assessment which took around 3 hours. I was contacted after this to say they would get back to me in 1-2 weeks and never heard back.

Interview Questions
    • Design a checkers game that chooses the longest path the player can jump.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in November 2014.

Met a campus recruiter and applied online. Received email confirmation in a reasonable amount of time asking to set up a phone interview. This call really isn't an interview, they just wanted to ask 1) why Epic, and 2) why software engineering. They ask a few questions off your resume but let you ask any questions you have of them. Separate from the phone interview, I was given a ProctorU account and told to take an online skills assessment. There are four sections on this test. One is a speed section with math word problems. One section they give you a dead computing language and explain how it works and ask you to evaluate increasingly complicated expressions. Another section is a bunch of math questions which are more like riddles, they were the most interesting part of the exam so do this section when you want a break from the other more dry sections. Last section is 4 programming questions. Pretty intense compared to other technical interviews. Most of the programs involved enumerating sets of strings.

Interview Questions
    • Enumerate all possible anagrams of a random string where capital letters, numbers, and symbols are not allowed to move within the string.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

1. 20 minute phone screen, which were all behavioral questions and questions about your resume.
    2. 3-5 hour technical assessment with 3 sections: 2 minute rapid problem solving speed test, math/brain teasers, introduce you to a new language and ask you syntax questions about it, 4 programming questions.

Interview Questions
    • Given a checker board, find the length of the longest path one player can take. You can only make a jump to the left, right, up, or down, and you must have an opponent's piece adjacent to you in that direction and an empty spot after that opponent's piece in the same direction.   Answer Question