Epic Systems Corporation

Updated Jan 27, 2015

2.9

185 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Engineer Interview

First came a phone screen asking some behavior questions. Then an online assessment about 3 hours to do coding and math questions. The questions were all online or in similar fashion. The whole process takes about 1 month to complete. The last step is on site and about 1 day visiting the company. The company is not bad.

Other Interview Reviews for Epic Systems Corporation

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

I applied at career fair and got a phone interview call in two weeks.
    It was mostly a resume walk through and a design question at the end.
    Question - design an autonomous robotic system

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

I got a phone call from the technical recruiter. He asked some basic questions regarding JAVA. The interview went well according to me, but when I contacted them back few days later, there was no reply. I again emailed them after 2 weeks, but still no reply. Its been 1 month and still I am awaiting for a response from there side.

Software Engineer Interview

First time is the phone interview, one man ask me something related to my resume. And then he is interest in some machine learning or data mining question, like classification tree. In the online tech interview, I spent too much time on programming which I think is the reason I fail.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

introduction phone call whee they discuss about your resume ask a simple technical question then give you link for proctored online assessment which had 4 parts , technical questions was very difficult to solve at first glance.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Very simple 30 minute phone interview. Interviewer told me a lot about epic and how they do things for interns. The interviewer also told me about what interns had done them which was helpful. It was a very comfortable and casual interaction!

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Met at career fair, received an invitation to a phone interview; half the interview was them trying to sell themselves the other half was questions like why do you want to work with us, why do you like computer science. The interviewer was a developer and was very friendly and helpful for keeping me at ease. There was an online proctored skills test later, It is LONG! Expect a good five hours. You are allowed one break and the test is broken into several mini-tests but you may only take one break. I did not get to their in person interviews

Interview Questions
    • all parts of the skilled tests are timed even the ones that say they arent   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in December 2014.

Applied online and received an e-mail the following week to schedule a phone interview with a member from the R&D team and an online skills assessment.

The phone interview was fairly laid back, mostly focusing on past personal projects you have worked on, why you want to work for Epic, and basic behavioral questions. Interviewer was very friendly and continually engaged in conversation.

The skills assessment was taken through ProctorU and composed of 4 parts: 10 IQ questions to answer in 2 minutes, a hypothetical new programming language that you have to answer some questions on it, a math/logic section, and a 4 question programming section. It was not too hard but the instructions say that you are graded on accuracy as well as speed for all parts so it can be a bit intimidating. You are allowed scratch paper and a basic calculator. The new language section was a bit tricky, trying not to confuse the newly presented syntax with syntax you are already familiar with, but it is all multiple choice. The programming questions were the most difficult of the 4 parts but were not bad, although it is in a basic text editor (no syntax highlighting, auto-complete, or real-time error-checking) and you cannot compile it. If you do not know how to solve a question in the language of your choice, they allow you to write pseudocode for it.

I took the skills assessment first before my phone interview, as the HR representative I was speaking with recommended to expedite the process and finished the phone interview a few days ago. They said it would be 1-2 weeks before I hear back from them about the results so I am still waiting.

Interview Questions
    • Programming Question: A grid of size MxN contains either 0 - empty, 1 - Player1, or 2 - Player2. Given a position in the grid, find the longest jump path. For jump path, you can move horizontally or vertically, you can jump on opponent cell, and also the landing cell should be empty. No opponent cell can be jumped more than once. Write a function which takes grid and a specific position in the grid, and returns the longest possible number of jumps in the grid.   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in December 2014.

Phone interview, very common question, talk about a project, the difficult part, the mistake you made, what you will do if you redo the project. Then, ask questions about epic. I don't know if I make it or not, I did the online assessment before the phone interview and I think the phone interview part and the judgement of my online assessment is separate.

Software Engineer Interview

Submitted my resume at a university career fair twice, and once online so of course I got noticed. Contacted a few weeks later saying I was moved forward and was asked for my transcript. A week later was emailed saying I was not moved forward.