Epic Systems Corporation Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Jun 19, 2015

2.9

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Interview

1. phone interview: About half an hour. And they will send an email to you the second day to roll in OA.
2. online assessment: About three hours. There are four parts, quick 2-minute question, math, new language and coding questions. You may need to finish all of them in 3-4 hours. After OA, you need to wait 1-2 weeks to get the feedback.
3. onsite

Interview Questions

• 1. phone interview: Why epic? Your project?
    2. online assessment: 10 2-minute questions, 14 math questions, 20 new language questions and 4 coding questions.

Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Epic Systems Corporation

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Madison, WI).

Interview

Spoke with a recruiter at a career fair. At the time, I had never heard of them. Received a call about 2 weeks later for an initial screen. The screen pretty much covered my background, experience, etc. At the end of the interview I was given a technical question that required a little problem solving skills. Afterwards, I was informed that I'd be moving on to take the Epic Skills Assessment. The exam lasted about 3 and half hours. I then received an email about 3 weeks later saying that I wasn't moving on.

Interview Questions

• The assessment was broken down into multiple parts.
      1. Basic logic questions and simple math. Complete as many as you could in 2 minutes.
      2. More complicated general math and logic questions.
      3. Learning a new programming language and applying those rules to answer syntax questions.
      4. Programming skills. 4 questions, each increasing in difficulty as you went along. Last question asked for an implementation of a "jumpers" game, a modified version of checkers.

Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in June 2015.

Interview

Got an email from the HR after applying online. The first telephonic interview consisted of general questions about my interests, what epic does and a small design question. This was followed by the online assessment that lasted for a few hours. I cannot give in to the details but the questions were standard programming questions. If you are comfortable with the kind of questions of Careercup and good at one single programming language, you should do fine. The online proctoring was a little weird.
    Waiting to hear about the result.

Interview Questions

• What are you expecting from epic that you haven't got so far in your professional career   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in April 2015.

Interview

After a first email saying that they reviewed my resume and application they asked for a phone interview. We spoke about my background, the projects that I worked on and I had many occasions to ask anything that I wanted to know about the company and the job. After a couple of day they asked to go on in the process and I had the technical interview.
    The technical interview is not a real interview, is more like an exam. You will use a system called ProctorU, that allows you to do this sort of online exam always having someone proctoring you so that you cannot cheat. The assessments are divided in 4 parts, as described below. The only things allowed during the exam are a calculator and pen and paper.
    It wasn't too clear which was the maximum time allowed for the entire exam, probably 2 hours but 2 people at 2 different moments told me different things during the system setup before the start. After the 2 hours nothing stopped me and I went on on my exam. I took 3 and a half hours to complete everything (I know, definitely too slow, but it's a long exam trust me).
    3 weeks after the technical interview they sent me an email saying that they have selected other candidates rather than me to go on with the selection process. End of my experience with Epic.

Interview Questions

• First part: general questions about logic and simple math. It's a speed test: you have 2 minutes and you have to try to answer as many questions as possible   Answer Question
    • Second part: Maths. General questions about logic and math, more complicated than the previous part. It's not a speed test but it's about accuracy. However, time is taken in consideration. No previous math knowledge is required, you won't be asked to prove a theorem or something like that. Logic and familiarity with calculations are the key to solve these problems.   Answer Question
    • Third part: learning a new programming language. They will test your ability to learn a new programming language teaching you a new and unknown programming language that it's probably the one that they use to create their products. It's different from all the others programming languages and they will start with the basics and step by step they will teach you more complicated stuff, but always remaining on a low complexity. At each step you have to answer questions about what you just learned. You are always able to go back and review all the previous pages if you're not sure about something. Not too difficult, but some questions are very tricky, be careful. Accuracy is the key, but time is taken in consideration.   Answer Question
    • Fourth part: general programming skills: you will have 4 problems to solve, writing a small program or function(s). You can use any language. Accuracy is the key, but time is taken in consideration. You have no help from the editor and you cannot compile or check any kind of error. The problems are not too difficult, but even the simplest problem can be solved in clever or stupid ways and they probably look at that. Most of the problems include simple mathematics, logic, and working on strings to check or modify them jumping from numbers to characters and vice versa. You don't need to use objects or anything complicated, everything can be solved in simple C if you want, but again is up to you to show your skills to them so use a good balance between time in writing the program, complexity, generality, etc.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in May 2015.

Interview

First a phone interview ask some behavior questions :1) why you choose epic 2) Talk about one project you had, talk about the most interesting and least interesting part of the project 3) Why you choose to be software engineering. After phone interview, they let me to do the online test. The online test covers four parts: math, programming, quick question and new language.

Interview Questions

• Online test programming: well-ordered string; tic-tac-toe   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Interview

I applied online. Selected for a phone interview.Question were simple and about my projects. I was informed that i was Proceeded to the next round with in 2 days of phone screen, Online Assessment, which was tough enough to get through. Interviewer's as well as HR's are friendly and accommodating.

Interview Questions

• 1.Arrange the words of a sentence according to assonance.   Answer Question
    • 2.Self Dividing numbers- verify. (88, 48, ) the number as a whole should be divisible by all the digits in the number.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Madison, WI) in April 2015.

Interview

Phone interview at first, then technical assessment. Ask about projects, interests, and introduce the company. Technical assessment is horrible experience; using a third party website, a proctor is physically sitting on the other end and using your web cam to monitor you. He/she also remote control your laptop, search on your laptop to see any application is open and then close them, so insulting! They also let you hold up your laptop to check your surrounding, and make your move almost everything that's in a 5/6 ft radius, even some of my furnitures. The test itself is long; four parts, first three parts are short, fourth is programming; four questions unlimited time. Took up to hours to complete the programming section.

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Madison, WI) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online. First I got a phone screen with the most bored interviewer I've ever talked to. Then an online skills assessment a week later, half of which basically tests if you successfully passed middle school math. Spent a few hours doing that, pretty dumb. Coding questions were easy but long and repetitive. Like honestly, they pretty much tested the same concept 4 times.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Interview

Half hour phone interview talking about my previous projects. And then a online assessment about math, programming, logical area. Some advice to interviewers is be prepare with Dynamic programming which is useful.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Interview

The interview process consists of 3 rounds. First HR round, Assessment (4 hr) and last is onsite .
    First round is chat with software engineer at epic. Assessment contains 4 parts i.e quant section , sprint section in which you have to answer 10 questions in 2 mins. a new language learning section which was exhaustive.

Interview Questions

• in assessment technical part :- questions were on permutations and combination , matrices   Answer Question