Epic Systems Corporation Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Oct 22, 2014

2.8

159 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

1. 20 minute phone screen, which were all behavioral questions and questions about your resume.
2. 3-5 hour technical assessment with 3 sections: 2 minute rapid problem solving speed test, math/brain teasers, introduce you to a new language and ask you syntax questions about it, 4 programming questions.

Interview Questions
  • Given a checker board, find the length of the longest path one player can take. You can only make a jump to the left, right, up, or down, and you must have an opponent's piece adjacent to you in that direction and an empty spot after that opponent's piece in the same direction.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Epic Systems Corporation

Software Engineer Interview

Applied on university career fair, got an phone interview one week later. 4 general questions: why choose EPIC; Why want to be software engineer; Talk about previous project/job. One tech question about a designing problem.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Applied online and got HR's email back on the second day. Then scheduled a phone interview, including questions about why epic, my background, and a question about machine learning(using SVM). Then did the online assessment. After that, got the onsite interview. Onsite interview starts on 8:15 (tooooo early). first is a demo about the software, then talk to one software engineer, get some ideas about the company. The third round is a case study, develop a data structure for emergency room. fourth round is a informal presentation about your project. Then go to lunch with one software engineer. After lunch is a campus tour and HR wrap up.

Interview Questions
    • no difficult questions. they are trying to help you, not embarrass you   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online and also through college career fair. I received emails about asking for a phone interview after two weeks waiting. During the phone interview, it was 30 mins and included 3 parts. First of all is a ten mins conversion about anything about you and some random questions. Second is technical part. There are some open -ended questions as well. Finally, describe a five year plan of your career.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Had a telephonic round first. First they discussed a bit about my recent projects and asked few questions on that. Then they asked about Data Analysis as most of my projects were on that.
    Have to give third party online assessment test.

Software Engineer Interview

Applied online. Then I got an phone interview and an online test. The phone interview went through my resume and they asked me about a technical problem. It took me almost 3 hours to finish the online test. The speed test was really fast. I did poorly on this part.

Interview Questions
    • Not very difficult. But I don't know why I am rejected after the online test.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in September 2014.

I had a phone interview with them. During the interview, I was asked one technical question only. However, for that question, the interviewer kept giving me "what if"s. When I figured out a way to solve the problem with the given conditions, he adds some more conditions to the problem. Other than that, it's mainly casual questions and introduction about their company.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in September 2014.

after the University Recruitment, there will be a hr officer inform you of a Phone interview, and a Technical test with a proctor. then I need to submit my transcript(unofficial is ok). The hr officer will say that he will contact you in a week or two. I am still waiting for the result.

Software Engineer Interview

First round is a HR will set up a phone interview to have a basic conversation with you about your background and why you chose to apply for the position.
    After this, you will be required to participate a online test including a large amount of math/logic/programming questions and brain teasers.
    Finally you will be offered a on-site interview.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in August 2014.

Forty five minutes phone interview followed by 3 long hours technical skills test which will be proctored by someone remotely. You'll be contacted by the recruiter after a week or so to inform whether you had qualified to the next round or not.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected questions so far for the phone interview.   Answer Question