Epic Systems Corporation

Updated Nov 14, 2014

2.8

168 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Engineer Interview

I apply online and get a phone interview one week afterwards. The phone interview is just about behavior questions like what is your most challenge project. Then you will do a online test which has 4 coding questions. you cannot compile it or run it. So I dont know how they judge these problems

Other Interview Reviews for Epic Systems Corporation

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Once you apply online, they schedule a phone interview with you. The interview is mostly informal but they also ask you a couple of technical questions. The guy I talked to was very friendly. On the side, you are also required to take a quantitative assessment test which lasts for a couple of hours.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Got a phone interview first. Very easy, most parts are regarding on behavioral questions. Only one technical question on A* algorithm. Not ask for code. just talk about A* algorithm and how it works. Ask about if there is no results, what A* would deal with. Then on-line assessment. I took 3 hours. I thought I did not bad, but just no pass.

Interview Questions
    • The online assessment is not hard. But I just spent too much time on it. One is on sorting, one is on BFS, and one is on combination set. The math and logic problems are ridiculous to me.   Answer Question

Software Engineering Interview

First step is casual phone screen with a developer at Epic. Next step is an extensive online technical questionnaire that took nearly 4 hours to complete. I didn't advance beyond this round, although from what I'm reading of the other interview experiences it seems that onsites are right after. Quite surprising because companies usually have more rounds of off-site interviews, and usually not administered by a computer.

Software Engineer Interview

I was contacted for a quick phone interview. Answered very basic questions about software design choices. Nothing was explicitly technical except for choice of data structure. Then, I was asked to complete an online technical assessment which took around 3 hours. I was contacted after this to say they would get back to me in 1-2 weeks and never heard back.

Interview Questions
    • Design a checkers game that chooses the longest path the player can jump.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

1. 20 minute phone screen, which were all behavioral questions and questions about your resume.
    2. 3-5 hour technical assessment with 3 sections: 2 minute rapid problem solving speed test, math/brain teasers, introduce you to a new language and ask you syntax questions about it, 4 programming questions.

Interview Questions
    • Given a checker board, find the length of the longest path one player can take. You can only make a jump to the left, right, up, or down, and you must have an opponent's piece adjacent to you in that direction and an empty spot after that opponent's piece in the same direction.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Applied on university career fair, got an phone interview one week later. 4 general questions: why choose EPIC; Why want to be software engineer; Talk about previous project/job. One tech question about a designing problem.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Applied online and got HR's email back on the second day. Then scheduled a phone interview, including questions about why epic, my background, and a question about machine learning(using SVM). Then did the online assessment. After that, got the onsite interview. Onsite interview starts on 8:15 (tooooo early). first is a demo about the software, then talk to one software engineer, get some ideas about the company. The third round is a case study, develop a data structure for emergency room. fourth round is a informal presentation about your project. Then go to lunch with one software engineer. After lunch is a campus tour and HR wrap up.

Interview Questions
    • no difficult questions. they are trying to help you, not embarrass you   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online and also through college career fair. I received emails about asking for a phone interview after two weeks waiting. During the phone interview, it was 30 mins and included 3 parts. First of all is a ten mins conversion about anything about you and some random questions. Second is technical part. There are some open -ended questions as well. Finally, describe a five year plan of your career.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in October 2014.

Rapid response. The processing time is 3 days. A 45-minute phone interview and a 3 - 4 hours online assessment test. The phone interview was about questions about projects in resume and one technical problem. Then the interviews introduced benefits to work in Epic. Similar to others, online test has four parts. It seems that I did not do well in the online assessment part. 3 weeks later I got an email saying that I was rejected.