Epic Systems Corporation Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Jun 19, 2015

2.9

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Interview

First, there is a phone interview, mainly about basic information and resume. At last, there is a database design question. I think I have given a good solution. Then, proceed to online assessment, that maybe where I failed. In the programming section, I found some little bugs in my code after the test.

Interview Questions

• How to design a database with millions of patients information and their diseases?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Epic Systems Corporation

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Interview

First meet and talk with the staff on the University Career Fair, after that receive an email probably in a week to appoint a Phone interview, Online Assessment after the phone interview.

Interview Questions

• logical and mathematical questions in 2 minutes, need you response very quickly   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in February 2015.

Interview

Got the phone interview. Was asked a question about databases and talked about my resume and the company. Took the skills test with 4 parts: IQ, math, made up programming language, and programming. Currently waiting to hear back after the test. It's been about a week since then. The company has been very responsive.

Interview Questions

• Design a database for patients that took a survey to determine their likelihood for heart disease.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in February 2015.

Interview

Submitted my resume online and was contacted within a week by a recruiter. This was followed by a phone interview with very typical behavioral questions. Did not think the engineer who interviewed me seemed very interested, but I proceeded to complete the online screening test over the weekend. It was long, but not too difficult. Received email from recruiter less than a week afterwards saying that I was not moving forward.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a developer, discuss a technical project, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Pittsburgh, PA) in February 2015.

Interview

Phone call, ask me about the behavior and other general questions. The current project.
    Details in what do in the project. The plan for the next 5 years, 10 years.
    Give OA to do. OA takes a long time including Math, 2 mins quick questions, New language (MIIS), coding problems. count and say, two players

Interview Questions

• 1. What's your current project . Details
      2. The challenging part.
      3. The plan for the next 5 years, 10 years

OA takes a long time

Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Washington, DC) in February 2015.

Interview

Initially, I had phone interview and it went well. After several days I had technical interview and it didn't went well. I was not ready at all and as a result didn't proceed to the next stage.

Interview Questions

• All questions I had I was able to find on careerscup website. I found out about that amazing website only after the interview.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

First came a phone screen asking some behavior questions. Then an online assessment about 3 hours to do coding and math questions. The questions were all online or in similar fashion. The whole process takes about 1 month to complete. The last step is on site and about 1 day visiting the company. The company is not bad.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Interview

I applied at career fair and got a phone interview call in two weeks.
    It was mostly a resume walk through and a design question at the end.
    Question - design an autonomous robotic system

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Interview

I got a phone call from the technical recruiter. He asked some basic questions regarding JAVA. The interview went well according to me, but when I contacted them back few days later, there was no reply. I again emailed them after 2 weeks, but still no reply. Its been 1 month and still I am awaiting for a response from there side.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

First time is the phone interview, one man ask me something related to my resume. And then he is interest in some machine learning or data mining question, like classification tree. In the online tech interview, I spent too much time on programming which I think is the reason I fail.