Epic Systems Corporation Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Sep 13, 2014

2.8

151 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Applied online. HR contacted me in 2 weeks

I took the online evaluation test. it consists of four parts. The first two parts are about math problems and quite easy. The third part is to get familiar with a new language and answer some simple questions. The last part is to write some code with your familiar language

Interview Questions
  • Questions were easier. But the time limit was a challenge. I guess they expect you to finish soon   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Epic Systems Corporation

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in October 2013.

phone interview, and then online assessment via ProctorU.com

Interview Questions
    • most of the assessment question can be found on careerup.com   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in October 2013.

Applied through university career site.
    Get an email asking me to provide graduate and undergraduate GPA and take a online test about personality.
     A recruiter connected me the next day and setup a phone interview. Chatted with an engineer about my projects and the opportunities at Epic. Just a casual chat, no technical questions. He asked for my GRE score and GPAs again, which is out of my expectation.
    Then take a skill assessment a week later.Four parts: math; a new language followed by some multiple choice questions; 2 min 10 questions(simple but need fast response, I didn't finish all); 4 coding problems, all very basic. There were no time limit for very part except for the 2min one. Both the speed and correctness are considered.
    Waiting for next steps

Interview Questions
    • Given a length of a password, print all possible well-ordered passwards   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I submitted a resume after the school job fair and one week later I got an email to schedule an assessment test. The assessment test had four sections: programming, 2 minute section, math and 20 questions.

The programming section had 4 questions. One was about the chess. Two were about finding passwords, and I could not remember the last one.

The 2-minute section had 10 logical questions to be solved in 2 minutes. I did not finish all of them because of the limited time. All of them were basic logic problems.

The math section had 14 questions, and had pretty easy ones too, but 2 questions confused me.

Finally, the 20-question section introduced a new programming language. It was easy, but there were many tricky questions. You have to read carefully for every question.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in September 2013.

Talked to university recruiter at career fair, got email requesting a phone interview within the next week. Phone interview consisted mostly of him telling me what Epic was like and asking me if I had any questions in particular. One technical question that is mostly aimed at seeing how you approach a problem and what steps you take to solve it.

Interview Questions
    • If you had to design a database that stored clients' records based solely off of a list of conditions and whether or not the patient is at risk for a heart attack (think boolean flag where True = at risk and False = not at risk), how would you design it and how would you prioritize things?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I failed in the online assessment. It takes almost 3 hours to complete the test.

Software Engineer Interview

Had a online test with them after sending application. I guess thats the way they filter out applicants. The test had two parts: 1. giving you an imaginary programming language description and you read it then you answer some questions on that. 2. Java questions. I would say try to prepare by reviewing some Java books.

Interview Questions
    • I used to program by just looking up Java api online, but I couldn't check any online reference, so I would say try to get familiar with Java api as much as you can.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Submitted resume online and was contacted by a HR. After a phone interview checking my back ground, they said they will go for other candidates.

Interview Questions
    • How to find the next button people may bush after a certain serious of buttons pushed.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I talked with a technical person about my background. He went over my resume and asked me to introduce one of my projects. Then I took the online test, which includes four parts. The programming section has four problems. All of them have been mentioned in the previous posts. I finished the test in about two and half hours. I got rejection in two weeks.

Interview Questions
    • generate all anagram of a string, the uppercase and non-alpha chars cannot be changed   Answer Question