Epic Systems Corporation

Updated Feb 23, 2015
Updated Feb 23, 2015

2.9

Software Engineer Interview

Applied through university's career system, got respond a day later. The phone interview took about 45 minutes. It consists of basic self introduction and project detail explanation, as well as two simple programming problems, mine is about hashtable. No coding is involved. In the end, you could ask some questions.

Other Interview Reviews for Epic Systems Corporation

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Once you apply online, they schedule a phone interview with you. The interview is mostly informal but they also ask you a couple of technical questions. The guy I talked to was very friendly. On the side, you are also required to take a quantitative assessment test which lasts for a couple of hours.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Got a phone interview first. Very easy, most parts are regarding on behavioral questions. Only one technical question on A* algorithm. Not ask for code. just talk about A* algorithm and how it works. Ask about if there is no results, what A* would deal with. Then on-line assessment. I took 3 hours. I thought I did not bad, but just no pass.

Interview Questions
    • The online assessment is not hard. But I just spent too much time on it. One is on sorting, one is on BFS, and one is on combination set. The math and logic problems are ridiculous to me.   Answer Question

Software Engineering Interview

First step is casual phone screen with a developer at Epic. Next step is an extensive online technical questionnaire that took nearly 4 hours to complete. I didn't advance beyond this round, although from what I'm reading of the other interview experiences it seems that onsites are right after. Quite surprising because companies usually have more rounds of off-site interviews, and usually not administered by a computer.

Software Engineer Interview

I was contacted for a quick phone interview. Answered very basic questions about software design choices. Nothing was explicitly technical except for choice of data structure. Then, I was asked to complete an online technical assessment which took around 3 hours. I was contacted after this to say they would get back to me in 1-2 weeks and never heard back.

Interview Questions
    • Design a checkers game that chooses the longest path the player can jump.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in November 2014.

Met a campus recruiter and applied online. Received email confirmation in a reasonable amount of time asking to set up a phone interview. This call really isn't an interview, they just wanted to ask 1) why Epic, and 2) why software engineering. They ask a few questions off your resume but let you ask any questions you have of them. Separate from the phone interview, I was given a ProctorU account and told to take an online skills assessment. There are four sections on this test. One is a speed section with math word problems. One section they give you a dead computing language and explain how it works and ask you to evaluate increasingly complicated expressions. Another section is a bunch of math questions which are more like riddles, they were the most interesting part of the exam so do this section when you want a break from the other more dry sections. Last section is 4 programming questions. Pretty intense compared to other technical interviews. Most of the programs involved enumerating sets of strings.

Interview Questions
    • Enumerate all possible anagrams of a random string where capital letters, numbers, and symbols are not allowed to move within the string.   Answer Question

Software Engineering Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in November 2014.

Talked to an Epic engineer at my University's career fair. Ended getting a response about two weeks later requesting that I do a online technical examination with ProctorU and also have a chat with an Epic engineer. Exam took roughly 2 hours & 45 Minutes. Questions varied from general math, to logic, to programming problems. Talk with the engineer was very friendly and non-technical. Mostly chatted about my resume, professional interests, and the work done at Epic. Programming problems were the hardest part but I ended up answering all (Some weren't the most efficient solution possible though). Got a response back asking to go to the Epic campus for an on-site interview. Before arriving they asked that I do a short online behavioral interview which took ~30 minutes. Hotel I stayed at was very nice. The on-site interview took several hours, mostly consisting of a tour of the large and stunning campus. Had lunch with other prospective hires and an Epic engineer. There was a technical and a behavioral interview as the last part of the day. I very much disliked having to do the ProctorU exam.

Interview Questions
    • Talk about one of your projects. Implementation details, biggest challenges, how would you improve certain aspects?   Answer Question
    • Design a database that can allow you to search through a collection of books by title, author, genre, description. Wasn't really asking about which database technology you should use. Was more focused on which data structures would be the best fit for each of the types of queries. Asked follow up questions based on performance and space constraints.   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in November 2014.

Fast HR process. Got an interview a week after I submitted my resume. I was asked to make a phone interview for 30 minutes. It went poorly simply because it was my first interview and I got nervous. Talked about my experience and the guy who interviewed me introduced the company. The next day I scheduled the tedious 4-hour long online test with people watching me through the camera. I did not think it is the best first interview experience one can have.

Interview Questions
    • Need a calculator for the quick response part. I did not have one so I failed to finish all the timed math questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI
    Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in November 2014.

I got the onsite request 1 week after I finished the online assignment. The process is simple, no technical question. First they give a short instruction on their company and products, then we have a chance to ask an engineer kinds of questions. Next there were two 1 to 1 talk. They'll let you talk about the things on your resume. After that another person came in and asked me a question, non-technical. This is what I did in the morning. After lunch they gave us a tour of the campus, it quite interesting. At last there were a talking to a HR.

Interview Questions
    • Image a situation that a patient make a call to the hospital, the person who answer the call should allocate a doctor to the patient. If this guy leaves for some reason, how could the doctor find the patient?   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

1. 20 minute phone screen, which were all behavioral questions and questions about your resume.
    2. 3-5 hour technical assessment with 3 sections: 2 minute rapid problem solving speed test, math/brain teasers, introduce you to a new language and ask you syntax questions about it, 4 programming questions.

Interview Questions
    • Given a checker board, find the length of the longest path one player can take. You can only make a jump to the left, right, up, or down, and you must have an opponent's piece adjacent to you in that direction and an empty spot after that opponent's piece in the same direction.   Answer Question