Epic Systems Corporation

Average Difficulty
149 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Washington, DC

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in October 2013.

Interview Details – phone interview, and then online assessment via ProctorU.com

Interview Question – most of the assessment question can be found on careerup.com   Answer Question

Software Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in October 2013.

Interview Details – Applied through university career site.
Get an email asking me to provide graduate and undergraduate GPA and take a online test about personality.
 A recruiter connected me the next day and setup a phone interview. Chatted with an engineer about my projects and the opportunities at Epic. Just a casual chat, no technical questions. He asked for my GRE score and GPAs again, which is out of my expectation.
Then take a skill assessment a week later.Four parts: math; a new language followed by some multiple choice questions; 2 min 10 questions(simple but need fast response, I didn't finish all); 4 coding problems, all very basic. There were no time limit for very part except for the 2min one. Both the speed and correctness are considered.
Waiting for next steps

Interview Question – Given a length of a password, print all possible well-ordered passwards   Answer Question

Interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation

Interview Details – I submitted a resume after the school job fair and one week later I got an email to schedule an assessment test. The assessment test had four sections: programming, 2 minute section, math and 20 questions.

The programming section had 4 questions. One was about the chess. Two were about finding passwords, and I could not remember the last one.

The 2-minute section had 10 logical questions to be solved in 2 minutes. I did not finish all of them because of the limited time. All of them were basic logic problems.

The math section had 14 questions, and had pretty easy ones too, but 2 questions confused me.

Finally, the 20-question section introduced a new programming language. It was easy, but there were many tricky questions. You have to read carefully for every question.

Interview Question – chess jumper   Answer Question

Software Engineer

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in September 2013.

Interview Details – Talked to university recruiter at career fair, got email requesting a phone interview within the next week. Phone interview consisted mostly of him telling me what Epic was like and asking me if I had any questions in particular. One technical question that is mostly aimed at seeing how you approach a problem and what steps you take to solve it.

Interview Question – If you had to design a database that stored clients' records based solely off of a list of conditions and whether or not the patient is at risk for a heart attack (think boolean flag where True = at risk and False = not at risk), how would you design it and how would you prioritize things?   Answer Question

Interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation

Interview Details – I failed in the online assessment. It takes almost 3 hours to complete the test.

Interview Question – Not very difficult really.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation

Interview Details – Had a online test with them after sending application. I guess thats the way they filter out applicants. The test had two parts: 1. giving you an imaginary programming language description and you read it then you answer some questions on that. 2. Java questions. I would say try to prepare by reviewing some Java books.

Interview Question – I used to program by just looking up Java api online, but I couldn't check any online reference, so I would say try to get familiar with Java api as much as you can.   Answer Question

Software Engineer

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Interview Details – Submitted resume online and was contacted by a HR. After a phone interview checking my back ground, they said they will go for other candidates.

Interview Question – How to find the next button people may bush after a certain serious of buttons pushed.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation

Interview Details – I talked with a technical person about my background. He went over my resume and asked me to introduce one of my projects. Then I took the online test, which includes four parts. The programming section has four problems. All of them have been mentioned in the previous posts. I finished the test in about two and half hours. I got rejection in two weeks.

Interview Question – generate all anagram of a string, the uppercase and non-alpha chars cannot be changed   Answer Question

Software Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in March 2012.

Interview Details – They will give a test through Pearson testing centers before talking seriously. They also have a minimum GPA requirement.

Interview Question – The Pearson test was rather easy. The last few questions are basically write some code that would accomplish a goal in an editor that is not meant for entering code (bad formatting).   Answer Question

Interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation

Interview Details – hand out resume at college career fair. got email for online test about 2 weeks later.
online test monitored by remote proctor.

Part 1. Learning a new programming language. accurate and speed both considered.
Part 2. Math
Part 3. white board programming (4 questions)

Interview Question – how to design a robot to follow a person   Answer Question