Epic Systems Corporation

Updated Dec 15, 2014

2.8

173 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

I only got a phone interview for this company. The recruiter asked some question on background and an open question. And rejected me the next day.

Other Interview Reviews for Epic Systems Corporation

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

A phone interview from technical guy, simple question about the resume and easy technical questions. Just be relax and talk to the interviewer.

After the phone interview, I received an email about schedule a time for online assessment. Some simple math questions, three coding questions. First two coding questions are simple, the last one is little bit difficult. I didn't finish the assessment on time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in February 2014.

First a phone interview. Asked me to detail a project I'd worked on and a graph question. Next was the skills test which is exactly as described on here already. Waiting to hear back for in person interview.

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in February 2014.

I applied on the website of Epic. After two or three weeks a recuriter contacted me and scheduled a phone interview. Also he invited me to do the online accessment before or shortly after the phone interview, which would speedup the process. The phone interview took 45 miniutes. The interviewer first verified my degree, gpa and other information, then projects on the resume. After that I scheduled the online accessment and took it.

Interview Questions
    • Define additive number as 112, 224, 1123, 121224....where 1 + 1 = 2; 2 + 2 = 4 and 1 + 1 = 2, 1 + 2 = 3. Also the first two numbers should always be equal.
      Given a range, print all additive numbers within that range(inclusive).

View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Verona, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Verona, NJ

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in January 2014.

Simple Process:

Initially there is one phone interview which talks mostly about HR question, tells about position, job profile etc and then asked for CPT,GPA and Visa status.

Next round is Proctored interview where you will be asked 25% maths and Logical Reasoning Question, which were pretty easy and need not to worry.
    Most challenging was Programming question , so be prepared for Data structures,
    Algorithm design and Dynamic programming.
    4 questions will be there in all for programming and there will be no time limit.

Interview Questions
    • 1. Given two strings , find the way to reach from one to other using consecutive swapping only.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in January 2014.

Very slow and painful interview process. Took over a month. They have you take an unbelievably stupid proctored exam, with arbitrary questions on it. When I was done, I knew I didn't want to work here.

Interview Questions
    • A man walks into a store that sells 1 item for 1$. He buys 600 for 3$. What did he buy?   View Answers (2)

Online skill test:

There are 4 parts, Math, new Language, IQ test, Programming. The other 3 part is as same as others mentioned. So I only talk about the programming part. there are 4 questions.

1. snake game
    2. word split (only split the even word with length of 4)
    Sorry, can;t remember the other 2 question.

And now the recruiter move me forward to an phone interview.

Interview Questions
    • programming question is not so hard. Just use the regular approach. I spend a lot time to deal with the new language.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Applied online. HR contacted me in 2 weeks

I took the online evaluation test. it consists of four parts. The first two parts are about math problems and quite easy. The third part is to get familiar with a new language and answer some simple questions. The last part is to write some code with your familiar language

Interview Questions
    • Questions were easier. But the time limit was a challenge. I guess they expect you to finish soon   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in November 2013.

This process starts off easy with a few basic HR phone interviews, but then get incredibly more difficult with the skills assessments. I have heard great things about the work environment and looked forward to checking it out with the final round of interviews which is an on-site interview. They are ALWAYS hiring because of the size of the company, so you don't have to worry about a specific hiring round.

Interview Questions
    • The skills assessment was very long (took me about 4 hours)   Answer Question