Epic Systems Corporation

Updated Nov 14, 2014

2.8

168 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in January 2014.

Very slow and painful interview process. Took over a month. They have you take an unbelievably stupid proctored exam, with arbitrary questions on it. When I was done, I knew I didn't want to work here.

Interview Questions
  • A man walks into a store that sells 1 item for 1$. He buys 600 for 3$. What did he buy?   View Answers (2)

Other Interview Reviews for Epic Systems Corporation

Online skill test:

There are 4 parts, Math, new Language, IQ test, Programming. The other 3 part is as same as others mentioned. So I only talk about the programming part. there are 4 questions.

1. snake game
    2. word split (only split the even word with length of 4)
    Sorry, can;t remember the other 2 question.

And now the recruiter move me forward to an phone interview.

Interview Questions
    • programming question is not so hard. Just use the regular approach. I spend a lot time to deal with the new language.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Applied online. HR contacted me in 2 weeks

I took the online evaluation test. it consists of four parts. The first two parts are about math problems and quite easy. The third part is to get familiar with a new language and answer some simple questions. The last part is to write some code with your familiar language

Interview Questions
    • Questions were easier. But the time limit was a challenge. I guess they expect you to finish soon   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in November 2013.

This process starts off easy with a few basic HR phone interviews, but then get incredibly more difficult with the skills assessments. I have heard great things about the work environment and looked forward to checking it out with the final round of interviews which is an on-site interview. They are ALWAYS hiring because of the size of the company, so you don't have to worry about a specific hiring round.

Interview Questions
    • The skills assessment was very long (took me about 4 hours)   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in November 2013.

One round on campus HR Interview, basically behavior questions.
    One round Online Test. Four parts, including math, two minutes questions, 4 coding questions and learn a new language. There is no time limit for these questions, but there judgement are mostly about how well you did and how fast you did.
    One onsite Interview.

Interview Questions
    • Online Test are mostly variations of problems from leetcode.
      Onsite Interview include a 45 mins of Project Demo and a 45 mins of OO-Design
        Answer Question

Personal reason, I want to stay closer with my friends

Software Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in November 2013.

Pretty straightforward with questions that tested thinking. They asked me to provide a background of my experience, followed by what Epic does and how it is different.
    They mentioned that everyone enters as a software engineer which is a little difficult to believe. I asked about their Professional Services division that implemented projects, and they said they could consider me for that in the future rounds.

Interview Questions
    • If you're a robot that transmits a signal in any direction, how would you make it navigate in 3D space?   Answer Question

I needed more time to decide between my choices.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Verona, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Verona, WI

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in November 2013.

I got email from Epic recruiter invite me to apply for the developer position. After I applied I got phone interview, skill assessment, onsite interview, whole process took about 4 weeks

Software Engineer Interview

I submitted a resume after the school job fair and one week later I got an email to schedule an assessment test. The assessment test had four sections: programming, 2 minute section, math and 20 questions.

The programming section had 4 questions. One was about the chess. Two were about finding passwords, and I could not remember the last one.

The 2-minute section had 10 logical questions to be solved in 2 minutes. I did not finish all of them because of the limited time. All of them were basic logic problems.

The math section had 14 questions, and had pretty easy ones too, but 2 questions confused me.

Finally, the 20-question section introduced a new programming language. It was easy, but there were many tricky questions. You have to read carefully for every question.

Software Engineer Interview

I failed in the online assessment. It takes almost 3 hours to complete the test.