Epic Systems Corporation

www.epic.com

Epic Systems Corporation Technical Service Representative Interview Questions & Reviews

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Technical Service Representative

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Interview Details – I first applied through my college job fair. The recruiter submitted my information into their system and I got their email after about a week later. I was set up for a 30min phone interview. They asked me basic questions like any other interviews. Then I was set up for an assessment test. After that, I was disqualified. Good to have at least a basic computer programming skill.

Interview Question – The assessment test really tests how well you do problem solving, such as some math problems and how fast you get adapted to the new programming.   Answer Question

Verona, WI

I applied online and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in October 2012.

Interview Details – The process began after I applied online. I had an initial phone interview with a current TS representative who told me about his work and his view of the company. He lacked much flair in his presentation, but I think I appreciated that.

Then I completed a personality Profile for the company. After about a week, they notified me I had been selected for an on-site interview; I came on Sunday, had dinner with a current employee that night, they put me up in the Hyatt downtown, and the following morning I had a marathon of interviews and assessments.

Two things to take away: (1) the interview process is variable, even within the same department and time period and (2) the company does have some growing pains. Some of my fellow interviewees had already taken their assessments; others, like myself, were tested that day. We were transferred between many different people throughout the day; I must have met at least 10 by the end of it all. About the growing pains, I would say that this is a good sign for prospective employees (this industry is doing much better than, say, the financial industry). But be cautioned that it may be rather easy to slip through the cracks if you don't self-advocate. An example of the disorganization of their growth is that a week after my on-site interview, I received an email from another HR rep asking me if I would be interested in beginning the interview process for TS at Epic. Oops!

A week later I got a call asking me if I would be more interested in the EDI department as an Integration Engineer, to which I said yes (for various reasons, among them, EDI is much smaller than TS as a department.)

Interview Question – They have a type of case study interview during the marathon day. They will ask you tough questions; I can't say how I performed, but I did make sure to illuminate my thought process with specific questions before deciding on an answer.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Asked about a separate position; spoke with employee in that department (EDI) and was asked afterwards which position sounded like a better fit for me.

Madison, WI

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in December 2011.

Interview Details – I initially received a recruiting email from Epic after allowing Teach for America to pass my information along to other companies and organizations that were recruiting. Initially I was not interested, but I saved the email and decided to come back to this after I switched tracks from teaching. I was recruited for the Project Manager position, but when I applied for that, apparently my personality wasn't a good fit and it was suggested I apply for a position in Technical Services.

The process started with an "informal" phone interview which was conducted by someone in TS. Clearly not a professional recruiter (at the end there was about a 15 second pause after I finished talking... apparently he was waiting for me to close the conversation? Weird), but it was all right. They place a ton of weight on things like grades and test scores, so since I had high SAT and GRE scores, I wasn't surprised when I heard that Epic wanted to bring me on campus for and interview.

They paid for transport to Madison and put me up in a great hotel, with a delicious free dinner/info time with current employees. The actual interview process the next day consisted of a lot of different tests to verify technical aptitude, along with performance questions to gauge how I'd handle high-pressure situations. It was pretty comprehensive.

Three days or so later I got a call congratulating me on an offer (very generous, financially). I told them I needed a couple of weeks to decide because of things I was waiting to hear back from, and eventually I declined the offer.

Interview Questions

• What would you do in a situation where several customers needed things fixed ASAP and you had to prioritize?   Answer Question
  • What 5 things are you not?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – 1) I didn't want to live in Madison.

2) I sort of wanted to have a life and not be working 50+ hour weeks regularly.

Madison, WI

The process took a day - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in April 2010.

Interview Details – Epic makes a great first imporession when you visit the campus. The buildings are wonderful with all different themes, the people are nice, and the interviews aren't that taxing (speaking as an MBA graduate, it might be harder for undergrads with no work experience). I would caution though that success at Epic is as much about cultural fit as anything and it is difficult to accurately gauge the culture from the interview process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Epic doesn't negotiate, particularly in this bad economy when they are one of the few companies with jobs. They tell you their offer and you can either take it or leave it and they don't particularly care which because there are other people willing to take it and their process considers new hires to be relatively fungible.

Worked for Epic Systems Corporation? Contribute to the Community!