Epic Systems Corporation

Updated Nov 18, 2014

2.9

41 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Technical Services Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Met Epic recruiter at on campus career fair. Had a phone interview a week later. Just took the technical services Skills Assessment. I am currently waiting to hear back about the status of my application. the skills assessment was grueling, but interesting.

Other Interview Reviews for Epic Systems Corporation

Technical Services Engineer Interview

I was recruited. Lengthy application process. Straight-forward in-person interview. I think that they focus on recent grads with high GPAs who are scared of failing in their first "real" job, and will therefore put up with the dull work and long hours.

Interview Questions
    • List 5 things that you are not (e.g. unorganized, bad at listening, ...).   Answer Question

Technical Services Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in October 2014.

It was a phone interview that took less than 15 minutes. It was more about information on the job description. They ask about relocation, what you expect to do in 5 years....

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in October 2014.

Applied online with recruiter at career fair and received a request for a phone interview about 3 weeks later. Phone interview was short and straightforward with basic questions about my background, where I see myself in 5 years, and questions about how you work in a team. Follow up took about 10 days where I was asked to schedule on site interview. Upon scheduling the interview, I was asked to take a personality survey. The onsite interview lasted all day and included lunch, a long tour, several sit down portions, as well as a coding test which took my roughly 2.5 hours.

Interview Questions
    • Coding test is difficult but you are allowed to use any syntax/language including pseudocode. They just want to see how you approach and work through a problem.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in December 2013.

Interview process in general was very well-organized. Candidates fly in the night before their interview day and go to dinner with a current employee. The on-site interviews take the whole day, which was actually great because you get to meet with a number of people in different roles within Epic. Prior to the on-site interview, I had multiple online assessments (psychology questionnaire, a 3-hour technical exam, and two phone interviews) which frankly I found to be overkill.

Interview Questions
    • Case-interview style question where you're given a report about something, asked to clean up errors in the data presentation, and make recommendations about what to do next. The question involved monitoring patients with diabetes and taking survey-based statistics over a three-month timespan. It was a nice surprise to get a case question on the interview day; I was expecting more programming-heavy questions or maybe some more behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in November 2013.

I applied online and was asked to take the assessment test online this past weekend. The test, like many other reviews and the company will tell you has 4 parts...2 being programming and the other two math. I have not heard back yet and was told that it takes 1-2 weeks for them to respond. I will enlist some questions here to give you an idea...

If one person is at office A and other office B which is 46 offices away and they both start walking towards each other with 5 and 10 off/min speeds...what office do they meet?

Pick odd one out... 3 5 7 9 11 13...
    Fill the gap 4 7 13 _ 49 97

If 2.5 ppl do 2.5 work in 2.5 days...how many days does it take for 15 people to do 10 work.

How do you combine 2 coins to make 55 cents when one of them is not a Nickel?

Plant grows twice its size every day, what day would it be 5 ft, if its 80 ft on day 10?

Programming..

One part they tell you the different functions, operators etc and ask you questions based off it, once you have read an example. Some of these questions are purposely designed tricky.

Other part is coding using any language..there are 4 questions...one of them is tic tac toe, red and black squares..dont remember the exact question but someone posted it already somewhere.

Then there is one where you have to print spirally, a given matrix of alphabets.

Third question you have to write a program to find the seed of a number.

Fourth question dont remember.

Interview Questions
    • How long is it before 5 PM, if 50 mins ago it was 4 times what it was after 3 PM?   Answer Question

Technical Services Engineer Interview

There was a simple phone interview that was just to check the information you submitted with a couple of behavioral questions. Then there was a 2-3 hour online proctored exam with four parts. The test uses pseudocode and has a math portion.

Technical Services Engineer Interview

Initial interview at my college campus. Very nice interviewers and easy to talk to. Later interview was at Epic's old headquarters in Madison. There were interviews with a couple TS folks and HR.

Technical Services Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Got an email to check out their company after they saw my resume on Monster. Applied on their website because the job position looked interesting. Received an email to set up a phone interview. After the phone interview, was invited to an interview at the HQ (along with taking a personality test). On site interview consisted of a an introduction to the software, a group session (talked with current TS engineer and asked questions), a 1-on-1 (went over possible work scenarios), and then testing (math, verbal, and coding). Got an offer about a week later.

Interview Questions
    • What about healthcare, or this job, is of particular interest to you?   Answer Question

Technical Services Engineer Interview

Posted resume on career website. A few days later got a request to set up a phone interview. Don't worry about the phone interview, they are basically just confirming things on your resume and make sure you are interested in the position. Then you take an assessment. Mine was done on my computer with a proctor monitoring me via webcam. The only hard part of this is the programming based section, which will be easy if you have programming experience.