Epic Systems Corporation Technical Services Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Apr 5, 2015

2.9

Technical Services Engineer Interview

Interview

I applied a few months before my graduation date. They were pretty quick to setting up a phone interview, which was a basic introductory interview. Questions revolved around my resume and current/past projects. The interviewer talked at length about the position, and we exchanged a few words about finer details of the job. Was offered to take an exam through their online proctor service, and promptly replied. The exam had four parts: 1) 2-minute test to see how many questions I could answer 2) 4 programming related questions 3) A test asking questions about a made up programming langauge and 4) A basic logic/math exam. Every section went well except for the programming related section. I waited about a week and was denied the position.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Epic Systems Corporation

Anonymous Employee in Verona, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Verona, WI) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied through university recruiting, was contacted to do a phone interview shortly after. After the interview, took the "Epic Exam", along with a personality test a week or so after. The exam involved a verbal assessment, 2-minute speed quiz, Programming skills assessment and a New language assessment (These are the rules for a new language, how would you write this line of code? kind of questions). I then was invited for an on-site interview. I interviewed from the Tech Services department. It was more like a case interview pretending I was working as a TS engineer for epic. What would you in this situation? Kind of question. Overall, the difficulty was not so bad. The recruiter was always responsive to my emails (they have a really good HR team!) and the application process was very smooth and relaxed. I would have taken the job if it was a more development based role considering the salary was very very competitive, but looking elsewhere since I would rather do development than technical services.

Technical Services Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Interview

I knew Epic through on campus career fair and applied online. After one day, they scheduleed a phone interview with me and then came with an online skill assessment. The coding questions in skill assessment are pretty durable but the rest of them are accessible. After a week of my test, they scheduled an onsite interview for me and I will travel to Madison, WI in two weeks. They cover all the expenses for the trip to Madison, WI.

Technical Services Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Interview

Met Epic recruiter at on campus career fair. Had a phone interview a week later. Just took the technical services Skills Assessment. I am currently waiting to hear back about the status of my application. the skills assessment was grueling, but interesting.

Technical Services Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in November 2014.

Interview

The entire process took about 1 month from initial contact to the time when I received my decision. The phone interview was very casual, then there was a series of online tests (4), and finally an onsite interview. The onsite interview was a great way to get a feeling for the company because they probably had me interact with at least 7 or 8 different employees. I felt like the main purpose of the onsite interview was mainly to estimate my interpersonal and communication skills. Finally, at the end of the day they did have me take an additional programming test, which not having much experience with programming I was nervous, and I mostly just wrote a pseudo code, inserting lots of comments, however it must of been good enough because I got the job!

Technical Services Engineer Interview

Interview

I was recruited. Lengthy application process. Straight-forward in-person interview. I think that they focus on recent grads with high GPAs who are scared of failing in their first "real" job, and will therefore put up with the dull work and long hours.

Interview Questions

• List 5 things that you are not (e.g. unorganized, bad at listening, ...).   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Madison, WI) in October 2014.

Interview

Applied online with recruiter at career fair and received a request for a phone interview about 3 weeks later. Phone interview was short and straightforward with basic questions about my background, where I see myself in 5 years, and questions about how you work in a team. Follow up took about 10 days where I was asked to schedule on site interview. Upon scheduling the interview, I was asked to take a personality survey. The onsite interview lasted all day and included lunch, a long tour, several sit down portions, as well as a coding test which took my roughly 2.5 hours.

Interview Questions

• Coding test is difficult but you are allowed to use any syntax/language including pseudocode. They just want to see how you approach and work through a problem.   Answer Question

Technical Services Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in October 2014.

Interview

It was a phone interview that took less than 15 minutes. It was more about information on the job description. They ask about relocation, what you expect to do in 5 years....

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Madison, WI) in December 2013.

Interview

Interview process in general was very well-organized. Candidates fly in the night before their interview day and go to dinner with a current employee. The on-site interviews take the whole day, which was actually great because you get to meet with a number of people in different roles within Epic. Prior to the on-site interview, I had multiple online assessments (psychology questionnaire, a 3-hour technical exam, and two phone interviews) which frankly I found to be overkill.

Interview Questions

• Case-interview style question where you're given a report about something, asked to clean up errors in the data presentation, and make recommendations about what to do next. The question involved monitoring patients with diabetes and taking survey-based statistics over a three-month timespan. It was a nice surprise to get a case question on the interview day; I was expecting more programming-heavy questions or maybe some more behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2013.

Interview

I applied online and was asked to take the assessment test online this past weekend. The test, like many other reviews and the company will tell you has 4 parts...2 being programming and the other two math. I have not heard back yet and was told that it takes 1-2 weeks for them to respond. I will enlist some questions here to give you an idea... If one person is at office A and other office B which is 46 offices away and they both start walking towards each other with 5 and 10 off/min speeds...what office do they meet? Pick odd one out... 3 5 7 9 11 13... Fill the gap 4 7 13 _ 49 97 If 2.5 ppl do 2.5 work in 2.5 days...how many days does it take for 15 people to do 10 work. How do you combine 2 coins to make 55 cents when one of them is not a Nickel? Plant grows twice its size every day, what day would it be 5 ft, if its 80 ft on day 10? Programming.. One part they tell you the different functions, operators etc and ask you questions based off it, once you have read an example. Some of these questions are purposely designed tricky. Other part is coding using any language..there are 4 questions...one of them is tic tac toe, red and black squares..dont remember the exact question but someone posted it already somewhere. Then there is one where you have to print spirally, a given matrix of alphabets. Third question you have to write a program to find the seed of a number. Fourth question dont remember.

Interview Questions

• How long is it before 5 PM, if 50 mins ago it was 4 times what it was after 3 PM?   Answer Question