Epic Systems Corporation

Updated Nov 18, 2014

2.9

41 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Technical Services Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in May 2010.

Had to take a 3 hour exam, 1 hour logic, 1 hour math, and 1 hour to write 5 programs by hand on paper.

Interview Questions
  • writing 5 programs by hand for a tech support position.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Epic Systems Corporation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Verona, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Verona, WI

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in April 2008.

Epic contacted me via email after seeing my resume on Monster. I responded to the email, and they sent more information. I can't remember if the next step was a phone interview or a skills test, but both were involved. I passed both the test and the phone screen, and they flew me to Verona for the real interviews. The whole day was scheduled, and there were about 20 interviewees involved. We were split into groups based on what position we were being interviewed for. We met with a current employee in that position, and the interviewees asked questions about what the job was like. After that, there was a traditional one-on-one interview, with pretty standard questions. What would you do in situation x, what did you like about your last boss, what didn't you like, etc. Then we had lunch, and each interviewee was paired with an Epic employee for lunch for another informal tour / Q & A session. AFter lunch was a personality test and second skills test, and after that was the final one-on-one interview with HR-standard interview questions here, as well. After that, a taxi took us to the airport and we went home. A week or two later, they called and said the job was mine if I wanted it.

Having had prior work/life experience and having had lots of job interviews prepared me well for this interview process. A lot of the standard interview questions are difficult to answer believably when you've never had a job before. That being said, for a lot of Epic employees, this is their first job outside of college.

Interview Questions
    I didn't know what they paid, so I just threw out a number when they asked what compensation I was looking for. Turned out I lowballed it pretty heavily. The HR person laughed, and said "We generally start at [much higher than what I said.] I said I'd take it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in December 2010.

The interview process was actually very pleasant. I felt like they were willing to answer any question I had, and talked about very detailed aspects of the Job. I wish they'd been a little bit more open about talking about their software ( though I understand they wouldn't go into details).

Interview Questions
    • If we were to call your references, what are the 5 things they wouldn't say about you?   View Answer
    I did not negotiate because they actually offered what I asked for (A little over).

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in June 2011.

A lot of test.
    long process
    first an phone screen
    then math and program test
    on site interview
    first half day you get to have fun and check out the company
    later on, you get technical interview.
    and then interview with HR
    and then 5 hard computer programming test on paper

make sure you keep all the expense receipt, they can be reimbursed

Interview Questions
    • They will ask you "what 5 things you're not" like everyone said before. it can be anything.   Answer Question
    • what bad thing would your reference say about you   Answer Question

Technical Services Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Met Epic recruiter at on campus career fair. Had a phone interview a week later. Just took the technical services Skills Assessment. I am currently waiting to hear back about the status of my application. the skills assessment was grueling, but interesting.

Technical Services Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in October 2014.

It was a phone interview that took less than 15 minutes. It was more about information on the job description. They ask about relocation, what you expect to do in 5 years....

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in October 2014.

Applied online with recruiter at career fair and received a request for a phone interview about 3 weeks later. Phone interview was short and straightforward with basic questions about my background, where I see myself in 5 years, and questions about how you work in a team. Follow up took about 10 days where I was asked to schedule on site interview. Upon scheduling the interview, I was asked to take a personality survey. The onsite interview lasted all day and included lunch, a long tour, several sit down portions, as well as a coding test which took my roughly 2.5 hours.

Interview Questions
    • Coding test is difficult but you are allowed to use any syntax/language including pseudocode. They just want to see how you approach and work through a problem.   Answer Question

Technical Services Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Got an email to check out their company after they saw my resume on Monster. Applied on their website because the job position looked interesting. Received an email to set up a phone interview. After the phone interview, was invited to an interview at the HQ (along with taking a personality test). On site interview consisted of a an introduction to the software, a group session (talked with current TS engineer and asked questions), a 1-on-1 (went over possible work scenarios), and then testing (math, verbal, and coding). Got an offer about a week later.

Interview Questions
    • What about healthcare, or this job, is of particular interest to you?   Answer Question

Technical Services Engineer Interview

Initial interview at my college campus. Very nice interviewers and easy to talk to. Later interview was at Epic's old headquarters in Madison. There were interviews with a couple TS folks and HR.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in November 2013.

I applied online and was asked to take the assessment test online this past weekend. The test, like many other reviews and the company will tell you has 4 parts...2 being programming and the other two math. I have not heard back yet and was told that it takes 1-2 weeks for them to respond. I will enlist some questions here to give you an idea...

If one person is at office A and other office B which is 46 offices away and they both start walking towards each other with 5 and 10 off/min speeds...what office do they meet?

Pick odd one out... 3 5 7 9 11 13...
    Fill the gap 4 7 13 _ 49 97

If 2.5 ppl do 2.5 work in 2.5 days...how many days does it take for 15 people to do 10 work.

How do you combine 2 coins to make 55 cents when one of them is not a Nickel?

Plant grows twice its size every day, what day would it be 5 ft, if its 80 ft on day 10?

Programming..

One part they tell you the different functions, operators etc and ask you questions based off it, once you have read an example. Some of these questions are purposely designed tricky.

Other part is coding using any language..there are 4 questions...one of them is tic tac toe, red and black squares..dont remember the exact question but someone posted it already somewhere.

Then there is one where you have to print spirally, a given matrix of alphabets.

Third question you have to write a program to find the seed of a number.

Fourth question dont remember.

Interview Questions
    • How long is it before 5 PM, if 50 mins ago it was 4 times what it was after 3 PM?   Answer Question