Epic Systems Corporation
www.epic.com Verona, WI 5000+ Employees

Epic Systems Corporation Technical Services Engineer Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Feb 26, 2014

Getting the Interview

37 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Very Difficult Interview

Technical Services Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in May 2010.

Interview Details – Had to take a 3 hour exam, 1 hour logic, 1 hour math, and 1 hour to write 5 programs by hand on paper.

Interview Question – writing 5 programs by hand for a tech support position.   Answer Question

Madison, WI

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in June 2011.

Interview Details – A lot of test.
long process
first an phone screen
then math and program test
on site interview
first half day you get to have fun and check out the company
later on, you get technical interview.
and then interview with HR
and then 5 hard computer programming test on paper

make sure you keep all the expense receipt, they can be reimbursed

Interview Questions

• They will ask you "what 5 things you're not" like everyone said before. it can be anything.   Answer Question
  • what bad thing would your reference say about you   Answer Question

Verona, WI

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in April 2008.

Interview Details – Epic contacted me via email after seeing my resume on Monster. I responded to the email, and they sent more information. I can't remember if the next step was a phone interview or a skills test, but both were involved. I passed both the test and the phone screen, and they flew me to Verona for the real interviews. The whole day was scheduled, and there were about 20 interviewees involved. We were split into groups based on what position we were being interviewed for. We met with a current employee in that position, and the interviewees asked questions about what the job was like. After that, there was a traditional one-on-one interview, with pretty standard questions. What would you do in situation x, what did you like about your last boss, what didn't you like, etc. Then we had lunch, and each interviewee was paired with an Epic employee for lunch for another informal tour / Q & A session. AFter lunch was a personality test and second skills test, and after that was the final one-on-one interview with HR-standard interview questions here, as well. After that, a taxi took us to the airport and we went home. A week or two later, they called and said the job was mine if I wanted it.

Having had prior work/life experience and having had lots of job interviews prepared me well for this interview process. A lot of the standard interview questions are difficult to answer believably when you've never had a job before. That being said, for a lot of Epic employees, this is their first job outside of college.

Interview Question – Name five things you are not.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I didn't know what they paid, so I just threw out a number when they asked what compensation I was looking for. Turned out I lowballed it pretty heavily. The HR person laughed, and said "We generally start at [much higher than what I said.] I said I'd take it.

Madison, WI

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in December 2010.

Interview Details – The interview process was actually very pleasant. I felt like they were willing to answer any question I had, and talked about very detailed aspects of the Job. I wish they'd been a little bit more open about talking about their software ( though I understand they wouldn't go into details).

Interview Question – If we were to call your references, what are the 5 things they wouldn't say about you?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate because they actually offered what I asked for (A little over).

Madison, WI

I applied through college or university and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in December 2010.

Interview Details – I met with one of their current employees at a scheduled interview time, assigned by the university. We chatted briefly about GPA and test scores. There was no behavioral questions.

Afterwards, I was asked to complete a personality assessment, which was sent to my emails. Next, I was informed that a skills assessment would be waiting for me at the career services center. I completed the test, which consisted of a math, english and programming section. I was contacted a week later about coming to visit their facility in Wisconsin.

At Epic, I learned more about the company and an interview with a current Technical Services employee and a member of HR.

Interview Question – Are you alight with working 50-60 hours a week?   Answer Question

Technical Services Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in April 2010.

Interview Details – After posting a resume on Monster. A recruiter send an email. I submit an application on line and after 15 days, I received HR email to set up a phone interview. I was also asked to take an online personality test. The test question is little bit weird. There are 4 options and I choose one that I think it is the best for me. But then I was asked to choose the next one in the remaining 3. After that one in the remaining 2. Even though I feel none of the remaining options fit me, I have to pick up one.
The phone interview is very informal. A tech people called at the set time, and just ask things on my resume. She also ask what do I see in 5 years, my SAT score and GRE score. I asked what I expected for next step and I was told that there are a few tests.

Interview Question – what do you want to be in 5 years   Answer Question

Technical Services Engineer Interview

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in November 2008.

Interview Details – I was first contacted by the corporation, they got my resume via monster. I ended up taking a proctored skill test that they sent out. Once I passed that, they contacted me for an on-site interview. The interview was a day long, with four one on one interviews. Some with recruited, and some personality tests. The whole experience was quite pleasant. The campus is impressive and it played a part in me taking that offer.

Interview Question – Tell me three adjectives of what you are not.   Answer Question

Madison, WI

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in January 2012.

Interview Details – First a brief phone interview that is more of an introduction to the company and a "this is the sort of role you would fill" discussion, no technical questions. Second, a skills assessment with simple math and programming questions. The programming questions can be answered using pseudo code. All you need to do is present a logical solution showing that you are half way bright. Do not worry if the written code would not actually compile and execute. Third, an onsite interview. It was really the easiest 1-on-1 interview I've ever had. They ask you a series of hypothetical questions and you must respond logically. After, that a brief HR interview which consists of some basic behavioral based questions.

Interview Question – What would (former supervisor) say was your primary weakness?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I chose to decline the offer based in the company culture. It was to corporate and expected a 50 hour work week right out of the gates (according to the HR person that interviewed me). The compensation is great though. I am an engineering by training and have decided to pursue a more technical job using the skills I picked up in college.

Technical Services Engineer

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Interview Details – Initial interview at my college campus. Very nice interviewers and easy to talk to. Later interview was at Epic's old headquarters in Madison. There were interviews with a couple TS folks and HR.

Interview Question – All questions were pretty standard.   Answer Question

Technical Services Engineer

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Interview Details – Got an email to check out their company after they saw my resume on Monster. Applied on their website because the job position looked interesting. Received an email to set up a phone interview. After the phone interview, was invited to an interview at the HQ (along with taking a personality test). On site interview consisted of a an introduction to the software, a group session (talked with current TS engineer and asked questions), a 1-on-1 (went over possible work scenarios), and then testing (math, verbal, and coding). Got an offer about a week later.

Interview Question – What about healthcare, or this job, is of particular interest to you?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Epic Systems Corporation

Worked for Epic Systems Corporation? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Epic Systems Corporation Technical Services Engineer interview questions and advice. All 37 interview reviews posted anonymously by Epic Systems Corporation employees and interview candidates.