Epic Systems Corporation

www.epic.com

Epic Systems Corporation Technical Services Engineer Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Feb 26, 2014

Average Difficulty
37 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Madison, WI

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in December 2013.

Interview Details – Interview process in general was very well-organized. Candidates fly in the night before their interview day and go to dinner with a current employee. The on-site interviews take the whole day, which was actually great because you get to meet with a number of people in different roles within Epic. Prior to the on-site interview, I had multiple online assessments (psychology questionnaire, a 3-hour technical exam, and two phone interviews) which frankly I found to be overkill.

Interview Question – Case-interview style question where you're given a report about something, asked to clean up errors in the data presentation, and make recommendations about what to do next. The question involved monitoring patients with diabetes and taking survey-based statistics over a three-month timespan. It was a nice surprise to get a case question on the interview day; I was expecting more programming-heavy questions or maybe some more behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in November 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online and was asked to take the assessment test online this past weekend. The test, like many other reviews and the company will tell you has 4 parts...2 being programming and the other two math. I have not heard back yet and was told that it takes 1-2 weeks for them to respond. I will enlist some questions here to give you an idea...

If one person is at office A and other office B which is 46 offices away and they both start walking towards each other with 5 and 10 off/min speeds...what office do they meet?

Pick odd one out... 3 5 7 9 11 13...
Fill the gap 4 7 13 _ 49 97

If 2.5 ppl do 2.5 work in 2.5 days...how many days does it take for 15 people to do 10 work.

How do you combine 2 coins to make 55 cents when one of them is not a Nickel?

Plant grows twice its size every day, what day would it be 5 ft, if its 80 ft on day 10?

Programming..

One part they tell you the different functions, operators etc and ask you questions based off it, once you have read an example. Some of these questions are purposely designed tricky.

Other part is coding using any language..there are 4 questions...one of them is tic tac toe, red and black squares..dont remember the exact question but someone posted it already somewhere.

Then there is one where you have to print spirally, a given matrix of alphabets.

Third question you have to write a program to find the seed of a number.

Fourth question dont remember.

Interview Question – How long is it before 5 PM, if 50 mins ago it was 4 times what it was after 3 PM?   Answer Question

Technical Services Engineer

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Interview Details – There was a simple phone interview that was just to check the information you submitted with a couple of behavioral questions. Then there was a 2-3 hour online proctored exam with four parts. The test uses pseudocode and has a math portion.

Interview Question – The skills test was long   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Technical Services Engineer

Interview Details – Initial interview at my college campus. Very nice interviewers and easy to talk to. Later interview was at Epic's old headquarters in Madison. There were interviews with a couple TS folks and HR.

Interview Question – All questions were pretty standard.   Answer Question

Technical Services Engineer

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Interview Details – Got an email to check out their company after they saw my resume on Monster. Applied on their website because the job position looked interesting. Received an email to set up a phone interview. After the phone interview, was invited to an interview at the HQ (along with taking a personality test). On site interview consisted of a an introduction to the software, a group session (talked with current TS engineer and asked questions), a 1-on-1 (went over possible work scenarios), and then testing (math, verbal, and coding). Got an offer about a week later.

Interview Question – What about healthcare, or this job, is of particular interest to you?   Answer Question

Technical Services Engineer

Interview Details – Posted resume on career website. A few days later got a request to set up a phone interview. Don't worry about the phone interview, they are basically just confirming things on your resume and make sure you are interested in the position. Then you take an assessment. Mine was done on my computer with a proctor monitoring me via webcam. The only hard part of this is the programming based section, which will be easy if you have programming experience.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work at Epic?   Answer Question

Verona, WI

I applied online - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in April 2013.

Interview Details – Got a email from recruiter and setup a initial phone interview

Interview Question – How does your experiences align with the position your applying for?   Answer Question

Technical Services Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Interview Details – Was asked fairly for a phone interview and 5 days after that was asked to go to a remote location for an assessment test. I did not hear back for another 10 days, and was not asked for a third interview

Interview Question – The phone interview was fairly standard and I messed up on a section of the assessment test and therefore did not make it to the next round   Answer Question

Interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation

Interview Details – The interview process was quite straight forward. There were some lectures and a tour in the beginning, and the rest of the time was spent with Epic employees talking about the position, a case study, and a HR interview. How long the interview takes depends mostly on whether or not you have taken the assessments beforehand or not.

Interview Question – Interview questions were pretty straight forward. No trick questions.   Answer Question

Verona, WI

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in January 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online and was contacted within a week. After talking to an employee by phone, I was instructed to take the Math/Verbal/Programming assessment at a local testing site. I was invited for an on-site visit, although I feel like I learned more about the company than they learned about me. There weren't too many opportunities for me to explain why I felt I would be a good fit.

Interview Question – Was not as prepared as I would have liked for the second programming assessment on-site.   Answer Question

Worked for Epic Systems Corporation? Contribute to the Community!