Epic Systems Corporation

Updated Dec 2, 2014

2.7

191 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Technical Services Interview

I applied online. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Hiring process was very streamlined and well-planned. I got noticed by talking to a HR recruiter at my university's career expo and by applying online. Within a few weeks, I was given a phone interview, which was conducted by a Technical Services employee. The phone interview was very relaxed and was just a chance for the company to get to know me. Next, there was an online assessment. The assessment is timed for some parts and wasn't too bad, just some simple math and logic problems. Epic notified me of the on-site interview within 2 weeks. Epic's campus was amazing. I was impressed with the interview. It takes about 4 hours and includes a tour, lunch, computer assessment, technical and HR interviews. You get to interact with many employees. Be on your best behavior and be talkative and interested, they are always watching and taking mental notes. Overall, I am very impressed.

Interview Questions
  • An apple costs 14 dollars, a orange costs 16 dollars, and a banana costs 18 dollars (?).. How much does a pear cost?   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Epic Systems Corporation

Technical Services Interview

Phone interview at first which is fairly easy. The online test will seem difficult but as long as you did somewhat okay you should be fine. After that, they will invite you to fly out to Madison to interview at HQ. The campus is gorgeous and they whisk you around to different people throughout the day. The day ends with an interview with HR.

Interview Questions
    • Rank yourself from 1-10, 1 being a follower, 10 being a leader   Answer Question

Technical Services Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

It begins with signing up for an application. Then a phone interview that is just basic question about your resume and what you want to do. Next is an online proctored exam (math, reading, logic, programming skills). There is no studying needed, you just need to have good logic. There is also a personality questionnaire. If they move you on to your 2nd round, they fly you out and set up hotel for you. Very convenient. You can set up to have a dinner with an epic employee if you like. During the day of the interview, you get taxi to the company for an overview of the epic application, and the job. The first interview portion is going through a case study of problems that you might face as TS. This is really about how you are going to deal with clients and tasks that you have. Then a tour and another interview with HR. This interview is more behavior based. Last it ends with a coding assessment test. it is short and it can be pseudocode.

Interview Questions
    • What is something that someone would say you need to work on?   Answer Question

Technical Services Interview

I originally applied to a few other positions but was funneled into this position by HR there. After submitting basic info and resume online, I was asked for my transcript and then invited to do a phone interview. After the phone interview I was asked to take the skills assessment, which included a programming section, and I have no programming background. I had heard that they hire people with no programming background under the assumption that they will be taught that, but it is very helpful to have some knowledge of it going in. I completed this portion of the exam in a mix of basic Java, Tcl, and pseudocode. Following this, I was told I would hear back in 1-2 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • If someone is building a house, and needs something that costs $1 each, goes to the store and says I need 600, here is $3, what did he or she buy (free response)   View Answer

Technical Services Interview

First started with a phone interview. Next there was a long computer based test. After about a week, I was contacted and said they wanted to fly me out for an interview. I did that and am still waiting on a response as to whether I received an offer or not.

Technical Services Interview

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

The first portion of the interview process was a phone interview - a standard interview involving the usual HR questions - "What do you like to do/what hobbies do you have/what are you interested in?", "Where do you see yourself in five years?", "Discuss any projects you've worked in", "Tell me something about yourself". Answer the questions.

Second round interview is on campus (dress warm if coming in winter months!). Dress however you'd like, but as a heads up the employees may still be in pajamas. Look casual, don't be sloppy and you'll be fine. The company takes you on a tour of campus, allows you to do AMAs with current employees, and then has another HR interview slipped somewhere in there.

As a general tip, apply early. The company took three weeks to reach out for the phone interview, and between the phone and on campus interview two months. After the second interview it took two months to get a response.

Still a great place to work, though.

Interview Questions
    There wasn't much negotiation, there was a field for salary in the application and came up once during the HR interview. Final offer was around asking price, but as a caveat the personal asking price was reasonable.

The company gives the best offer up front, take-it-or-leave-it style.

Technical Services Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in November 2014.

I first had a phone interview that was pretty simple--he asked me to verify my resume and talk about some previous projects I'd worked on. There was an online assessment, and then they flew me to Wisconsin for an on-site interview that consisted of campus tours and case-studies.

Interview Questions
    • Be prepared to talk about how you would handle certain situations.   Answer Question

Technical Services Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

First round is a brief phone interview, second round is a (long) skills assessment, and third is an on-site interview. I actually decided this company wasn't for me before finishing the hiring process. The negative comments from other reviews are all true. I didn't need to waste my time.

Interview Questions
    • The programming portion of the skills assessment was the most difficult.   Answer Question

Technical Services Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in October 2014.

First round interview - The phone interview was very straightforward and basic. The recruiter asked me to go through my resume and then there were a couple of behavioral questions. Then there was chance to ask questions about the position and the company. The recruiter was easy-going, making the interview like normal conversations. Lasted 30 minutes.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Very informal, talked about my background, asked about my resume and about my my past work experience. We talked about what someone in the Technical services position does on a day to day basis. Very easy going and casual conversation.

Interview Questions
    • The questions they asked were not hard, they just wanted to get a feel for what you are looking for in a company. Asked what I would want to do on a day-to-day basis. Asked what my ideal job was. But this was only the first interview. The next is an assessment.   Answer Question