Epic Systems Corporation

Updated Nov 18, 2014

2.7

189 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Technical Services Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

It begins with signing up for an application. Then a phone interview that is just basic question about your resume and what you want to do. Next is an online proctored exam (math, reading, logic, programming skills). There is no studying needed, you just need to have good logic. There is also a personality questionnaire. If they move you on to your 2nd round, they fly you out and set up hotel for you. Very convenient. You can set up to have a dinner with an epic employee if you like. During the day of the interview, you get taxi to the company for an overview of the epic application, and the job. The first interview portion is going through a case study of problems that you might face as TS. This is really about how you are going to deal with clients and tasks that you have. Then a tour and another interview with HR. This interview is more behavior based. Last it ends with a coding assessment test. it is short and it can be pseudocode.

Interview Questions
  • What is something that someone would say you need to work on?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Epic Systems Corporation

Technical Services Interview

I originally applied to a few other positions but was funneled into this position by HR there. After submitting basic info and resume online, I was asked for my transcript and then invited to do a phone interview. After the phone interview I was asked to take the skills assessment, which included a programming section, and I have no programming background. I had heard that they hire people with no programming background under the assumption that they will be taught that, but it is very helpful to have some knowledge of it going in. I completed this portion of the exam in a mix of basic Java, Tcl, and pseudocode. Following this, I was told I would hear back in 1-2 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • If someone is building a house, and needs something that costs $1 each, goes to the store and says I need 600, here is $3, what did he or she buy (free response)   View Answer

Technical Services Interview

First started with a phone interview. Next there was a long computer based test. After about a week, I was contacted and said they wanted to fly me out for an interview. I did that and am still waiting on a response as to whether I received an offer or not.

Technical Services Interview

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

The first portion of the interview process was a phone interview - a standard interview involving the usual HR questions - "What do you like to do/what hobbies do you have/what are you interested in?", "Where do you see yourself in five years?", "Discuss any projects you've worked in", "Tell me something about yourself". Answer the questions.

Second round interview is on campus (dress warm if coming in winter months!). Dress however you'd like, but as a heads up the employees may still be in pajamas. Look casual, don't be sloppy and you'll be fine. The company takes you on a tour of campus, allows you to do AMAs with current employees, and then has another HR interview slipped somewhere in there.

As a general tip, apply early. The company took three weeks to reach out for the phone interview, and between the phone and on campus interview two months. After the second interview it took two months to get a response.

Still a great place to work, though.

Interview Questions
    There wasn't much negotiation, there was a field for salary in the application and came up once during the HR interview. Final offer was around asking price, but as a caveat the personal asking price was reasonable.

The company gives the best offer up front, take-it-or-leave-it style.

Technical Services Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in November 2014.

I first had a phone interview that was pretty simple--he asked me to verify my resume and talk about some previous projects I'd worked on. There was an online assessment, and then they flew me to Wisconsin for an on-site interview that consisted of campus tours and case-studies.

Interview Questions
    • Be prepared to talk about how you would handle certain situations.   Answer Question

Technical Services Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

First round is a brief phone interview, second round is a (long) skills assessment, and third is an on-site interview. I actually decided this company wasn't for me before finishing the hiring process. The negative comments from other reviews are all true. I didn't need to waste my time.

Interview Questions
    • The programming portion of the skills assessment was the most difficult.   Answer Question

Technical Services Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in October 2014.

First round interview - The phone interview was very straightforward and basic. The recruiter asked me to go through my resume and then there were a couple of behavioral questions. Then there was chance to ask questions about the position and the company. The recruiter was easy-going, making the interview like normal conversations. Lasted 30 minutes.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Very informal, talked about my background, asked about my resume and about my my past work experience. We talked about what someone in the Technical services position does on a day to day basis. Very easy going and casual conversation.

Interview Questions
    • The questions they asked were not hard, they just wanted to get a feel for what you are looking for in a company. Asked what I would want to do on a day-to-day basis. Asked what my ideal job was. But this was only the first interview. The next is an assessment.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in September 2014.

I applied for the position at career fair, which was the same as applying online except they also took my resume. I was contacted to schedule a behavioral interview and interviewed with someone who was currently working in technical services. It felt like it was one of her first interviews because there was a lot of awkward pauses. Afterwards, I was contacted to take assessments which were pretty long and were proctored online which I felt were very unnecessary. A couple weeks after taking the assessments, I was notified I was not moving on to the final round. There are other mentions of this on here, but I do have the impression that your performance on the assessments is the number one factor on whether or not you will move forward.

Technical Services Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in August 2014.

Similar to other posts, the interview consisted of multiple stages, including:
    - Phone Interview
    - Online Assessment and Personality Profile
    - On-site interview with multiple employees

I feel that if you are a likable person with a solid background then you will be fine. Be comfortable in all stages of the interview process and don't be afraid to think outside of the box. They are looking for people who will do just that. Any and all on-site interactions are either covered or reimbursed so if you get the chance, then take full advantage of that and do your best. The Madison area seems like a great place to start a new career.

Some say that the interview process is long and tiring and that they burn you out from the start. I can't co-sign with that statement as I felt fine during and after the interview (I was actually ready for a lot more). Maybe it's because I have full-time experience with multiple employers (during college time nonetheless) prior to this encounter and I know truly what being "burnt out" means. Overall I would say that the experience is great and if you're given the opportunity to apply and interview, then go for it!

Interview Questions
    • You are presented with a case involving 2 of your own customers and a customer of a coworker. It's the beginning of the week and they are all in a panic.   View Answers (2)