Epic Systems Corporation

Updated Feb 22, 2015

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

I was first contacted by them through my university's career services. Then I applied online, and set up a phone interview for a few days later. After that I took the online exam, which wasn't too bad. The coding section was a little rough, but as long as you write some understandable code you should be good.

About two days later I was invited on site for an interview. The campus was beautiful, I had never seen anything like that. Being there you just got a very motivating type of feel. The interview started pretty early and consisted of a software demo, a interview with client systems (I was also interviewing for that position), lunch, a chat with a TS person, a tour, case study, grammar assessment and an exit interview with HR.

It was a great experience and everything that they wanted from me throughout the entire process was very clear.

Interview Questions
  • There weren't any tough ones, all pretty straight behavioral.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Epic Systems Corporation

Technical Services Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Focused on personality questions. They give a tour of the campus and have two main interviews mixed in. The first interview was you were given a typical day of work. You walk and have three messages. You discuss your approach, who would contact first, and why. The next interview focused on what your good and bad qualities are. We also discussed what how you would act in different team situations.

Technical Services Interview

Applied via career fair at school, got a phone interview and online test. The coding part of the test is not very easy for a non programmer, but the other sections are fine. Then I got invited to a on-site interview. The on-site schedule is well organized but packed up. There will be interviews with a technical service employee, a grammar test and a interview with the HR.

Technical Services Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in February 2015.

I applied online and a few days later was emailed by HR asking to schedule a 30min phone interview. The phone interviewer was a person in the Technical Services division, not an HR representative. He asked questions about my resume, a few behavioural questions, and provided me with more details about the HR process. I was able to ask about the company and the position. Less than a week later I recieved instructions for the online assessment.

Still waiting to continue in the process.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about __ on your resume.
      Where do you see yourself in five years?
      What programming skills do you have?
      etc.

Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in February 2015.

After talking to an on campus rep and giving a resume, I was then given a phone interview in which I just talked about the company and answered basic interview questions. Then I was given an online exam with math, logic, and coding questions.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work at Epic instead of other companies?   Answer Question

Technical Services Interview

The overall interview, to me, consists of total of three rounds:
    1) Phone screening/interview
    2) Online assessment
    3) On-site interview

Everything happened to me relatively fast; from first applying to getting an offer only took me exactly one month. HR responded my emails very quickly and were very nice and helpful along the entire process.

Applied at the beginning of December for software developer, heard back from the HR the next day about setting up for a phone interview, but for TS. The phone interview was just some basic behavioral questions and going over your resume. The interviewer (a TS employee) will answer any questions you have towards the company and job, go over the basic duties of the position you apply for and make sure you still want to continue in the applying process.

Two days later, received an email to take an online-proctored assessments. I was freaking out about this test because I heard it can be hard. And like the others say, you can't really prepare for this. I think as long as you have some background in coding (I did MATLAB in Freshman year and that was it), you should be fine. If not, read some basic pseudo code introduction and you should be able to pass this round. The assessments consists of a speed test on math, math, verbal, introduction of a new programming language and the actual programming part. Only the first section has a two-minute limit and the rest is based on your accuracy and speed. I would recommend spend no more than three hours and no, you wouldn't know your score at the end.

Two days after the assessment, I was invited to the on-site interview. They put me and a bunch of recruits in a very nice hotel, all expenses paid(including everything you eat during the trip!). Got there the day before my interview and had a dinner with some Epic employees, it was super relaxed and they'd answer all your questions.

My interview started around 10. There was a demo showing the software, a tour around a small portion of the huge campus of Epic, a casual meeting and Q&A with a TS, lunch, some more verbal test, a case study, and a wrap-up interview with HR. The schedule was really tight but nothing really technical. All the interview questions can be found here on Glassdoor so I won't repeat them. Just be really nice and proactive in your tone and you should be more than fine. And you don't need to wear suit and tie for this day, just business causal or a button-up shirt would be good. Epic hires about 250 fresh college grads per year and they are constantly expanding, so chances are you will be hired!

Interview Questions
    • The case study was perhaps the most difficult portion for the entire interview. Be ready to tell how you prioritize different emails and voice mails in the given scenarios. The interviewer will add constraints and extra conditions that make your previous answer seem inappropriate and inconsiderate, just be ready to work your brain really fast.   Answer Question
    Not much negotiation was needed since the salary they offered was in the upper range of my proposed salary.

Technical Services Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

They reached out to me after seeing my profile/resume on the my school's career website

First step was a phone interview with a member of the Technical Services team at Epic

After that, I heard back that the next steps were to take an online Technical Assessment and Rembrandt profile for the company to better understand my skills and personality.

Final step was getting invited to Wisconsin for a site interview. This day was a great experience! I had many of the same experiences as others who have posted here. I met with a member of TS to learn more about the role, took a final part of the assessment, got a tour, ate lunch, did a case study, and met with someone from HR for wrap-up. The whole 24-hour experience was a great way to get a feel for Wisconsin (I recommend walking around a bit, even in winter) and the company as a whole. As others have said, Epic has a very unique culture and seems like a great company to work for (entry level).

I am still waiting to hear back if I got an offer or not.

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Met them at a college career fair. Passed a first phone screening, and then took online test. The test was extremely long and exhausting. It was also relatively challenging, but not impossible. After that, I was taken to HQ in Madison. Really awesome campus. The interviews were mainly case studies, but those were easy. The hard part was that we had to take another round of online tests, and this time around they were harder.

Interview Questions
    • How would you prioritize certain things in a given scenario.   View Answer

Technical Services Interview

I applied through my college career site. First there was a phone interview which was pretty standard and laid back. Next they asked me to do a personality assessment and a skills assessment, which was about 3 hours long and proctored online. It was mostly problem solving and I didn't find it to be too difficult, but I may have taken too long on it because they didn't move forward.

Interview Questions
    • The phone interview had standard questions: Why do you want to work for Epic?   Answer Question

Technical Services Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in January 2015.

Starts off with an online application (with resume, transcripts). About a week later, I got an invite to do a phone interview which took about 30 minutes, in my case there were some general questions along with some case questions. In addition, you will be asked to take a proctored exam (about 2-3hours) which includes 4 portions, a math, speed, logic, and programming section. After the interview and the assessment, I received an email letting me know that I was invited to Madison for an expense paid onsite interview. Haven't completed that portion yet, but will do so in a couple of weeks.

Interview Questions
    • The programming section of the proctored exams had a few tough questions.   Answer Question