Epic Systems Corporation

Updated Jan 22, 2015

2.7

198 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Technical Services Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

The overall interview, to me, consists of total of three rounds:
1) Phone screening/interview
2) Online assessment
3) On-site interview

Everything happened to me relatively fast; from first applying to getting an offer only took me exactly one month. HR responded my emails very quickly and were very nice and helpful along the entire process.

Applied at the beginning of December for software developer, heard back from the HR the next day about setting up for a phone interview, but for TS. The phone interview was just some basic behavioral questions and going over your resume. The interviewer (a TS employee) will answer any questions you have towards the company and job, go over the basic duties of the position you apply for and make sure you still want to continue in the applying process.

Two days later, received an email to take an online-proctored assessments. I was freaking out about this test because I heard it can be hard. And like the others say, you can't really prepare for this. I think as long as you have some background in coding (I did MATLAB in Freshman year and that was it), you should be fine. If not, read some basic pseudo code introduction and you should be able to pass this round. The assessments consists of a speed test on math, math, verbal, introduction of a new programming language and the actual programming part. Only the first section has a two-minute limit and the rest is based on your accuracy and speed. I would recommend spend no more than three hours and no, you wouldn't know your score at the end.

Two days after the assessment, I was invited to the on-site interview. They put me and a bunch of recruits in a very nice hotel, all expenses paid(including everything you eat during the trip!). Got there the day before my interview and had a dinner with some Epic employees, it was super relaxed and they'd answer all your questions.

My interview started around 10. There was a demo showing the software, a tour around a small portion of the huge campus of Epic, a casual meeting and Q&A with a TS, lunch, some more verbal test, a case study, and a wrap-up interview with HR. The schedule was really tight but nothing really technical. All the interview questions can be found here on Glassdoor so I won't repeat them. Just be really nice and proactive in your tone and you should be more than fine. And you don't need to wear suit and tie for this day, just business causal or a button-up shirt would be good. Epic hires about 250 fresh college grads per year and they are constantly expanding, so chances are you will be hired!

Interview Questions
  • The case study was perhaps the most difficult portion for the entire interview. Be ready to tell how you prioritize different emails and voice mails in the given scenarios. The interviewer will add constraints and extra conditions that make your previous answer seem inappropriate and inconsiderate, just be ready to work your brain really fast.   Answer Question
Not much negotiation was needed since the salary they offered was in the upper range of my proposed salary.

Other Interview Reviews for Epic Systems Corporation

Technical Services Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

They reached out to me after seeing my profile/resume on the my school's career website

First step was a phone interview with a member of the Technical Services team at Epic

After that, I heard back that the next steps were to take an online Technical Assessment and Rembrandt profile for the company to better understand my skills and personality.

Final step was getting invited to Wisconsin for a site interview. This day was a great experience! I had many of the same experiences as others who have posted here. I met with a member of TS to learn more about the role, took a final part of the assessment, got a tour, ate lunch, did a case study, and met with someone from HR for wrap-up. The whole 24-hour experience was a great way to get a feel for Wisconsin (I recommend walking around a bit, even in winter) and the company as a whole. As others have said, Epic has a very unique culture and seems like a great company to work for (entry level).

I am still waiting to hear back if I got an offer or not.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Met them at a college career fair. Passed a first phone screening, and then took online test. The test was extremely long and exhausting. It was also relatively challenging, but not impossible. After that, I was taken to HQ in Madison. Really awesome campus. The interviews were mainly case studies, but those were easy. The hard part was that we had to take another round of online tests, and this time around they were harder.

Interview Questions
    • How would you prioritize certain things in a given scenario.   View Answer

Technical Services Interview

I applied through my college career site. First there was a phone interview which was pretty standard and laid back. Next they asked me to do a personality assessment and a skills assessment, which was about 3 hours long and proctored online. It was mostly problem solving and I didn't find it to be too difficult, but I may have taken too long on it because they didn't move forward.

Interview Questions
    • The phone interview had standard questions: Why do you want to work for Epic?   Answer Question

Technical Services Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in January 2015.

Starts off with an online application (with resume, transcripts). About a week later, I got an invite to do a phone interview which took about 30 minutes, in my case there were some general questions along with some case questions. In addition, you will be asked to take a proctored exam (about 2-3hours) which includes 4 portions, a math, speed, logic, and programming section. After the interview and the assessment, I received an email letting me know that I was invited to Madison for an expense paid onsite interview. Haven't completed that portion yet, but will do so in a couple of weeks.

Interview Questions
    • The programming section of the proctored exams had a few tough questions.   Answer Question

Technical Services Interview

I applied online. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Hiring process was very streamlined and well-planned. I got noticed by talking to a HR recruiter at my university's career expo and by applying online. Within a few weeks, I was given a phone interview, which was conducted by a Technical Services employee. The phone interview was very relaxed and was just a chance for the company to get to know me. Next, there was an online assessment. The assessment is timed for some parts and wasn't too bad, just some simple math and logic problems. Epic notified me of the on-site interview within 2 weeks. Epic's campus was amazing. I was impressed with the interview. It takes about 4 hours and includes a tour, lunch, computer assessment, technical and HR interviews. You get to interact with many employees. Be on your best behavior and be talkative and interested, they are always watching and taking mental notes. Overall, I am very impressed.

Interview Questions
    • An apple costs 14 dollars, a orange costs 16 dollars, and a banana costs 18 dollars (?).. How much does a pear cost?   View Answer

Technical Services Interview

Phone interview at first which is fairly easy. The online test will seem difficult but as long as you did somewhat okay you should be fine. After that, they will invite you to fly out to Madison to interview at HQ. The campus is gorgeous and they whisk you around to different people throughout the day. The day ends with an interview with HR.

Interview Questions
    • Rank yourself from 1-10, 1 being a follower, 10 being a leader   Answer Question

Technical Services Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

It begins with signing up for an application. Then a phone interview that is just basic question about your resume and what you want to do. Next is an online proctored exam (math, reading, logic, programming skills). There is no studying needed, you just need to have good logic. There is also a personality questionnaire. If they move you on to your 2nd round, they fly you out and set up hotel for you. Very convenient. You can set up to have a dinner with an epic employee if you like. During the day of the interview, you get taxi to the company for an overview of the epic application, and the job. The first interview portion is going through a case study of problems that you might face as TS. This is really about how you are going to deal with clients and tasks that you have. Then a tour and another interview with HR. This interview is more behavior based. Last it ends with a coding assessment test. it is short and it can be pseudocode.

Interview Questions
    • What is something that someone would say you need to work on?   Answer Question

Technical Services Interview

I originally applied to a few other positions but was funneled into this position by HR there. After submitting basic info and resume online, I was asked for my transcript and then invited to do a phone interview. After the phone interview I was asked to take the skills assessment, which included a programming section, and I have no programming background. I had heard that they hire people with no programming background under the assumption that they will be taught that, but it is very helpful to have some knowledge of it going in. I completed this portion of the exam in a mix of basic Java, Tcl, and pseudocode. Following this, I was told I would hear back in 1-2 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • If someone is building a house, and needs something that costs $1 each, goes to the store and says I need 600, here is $3, what did he or she buy (free response)   View Answer

Technical Services Interview

First started with a phone interview. Next there was a long computer based test. After about a week, I was contacted and said they wanted to fly me out for an interview. I did that and am still waiting on a response as to whether I received an offer or not.