Epic Systems Corporation

Average Difficulty
178 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Very Difficult Interview

Verona, WI

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in April 2011.

Interview Details – I posted my resume on Monster and then Epic reached out to me directly and encouraged me to apply for the TS role. I filled out a personality test, had a phone interview, and was then invited to the campus for a full interview. The campus interview took all day and involved 3 tests (math, verbal, programming) as well as 2 interviews (general HR and role-specific). There was also a campus tour and lunch so it took all day. About a week and a half later, I was called by my initial recruiter and offered the job, which I accepted.

Interview Question – The programming test was quite rigorous considering that I was applying for a role where they teach you programming. There was a question that you had to solve by knowing the algorithm to generate permutations. That algorithm is definitely not extremely common and I only knew about it from my own readings.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was not any negotiating and there really is with Epic. They offered me what I thought was a lot, $62,000 so I took it. I did get three weeks to tell them whether I would accept the offer or not. I called them about a week and half later and accepted it.

Very Difficult Interview

Verona, WI

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in March 2012.

Interview Details – I applied for a position at a college job fair. I took an online personality assessment. I had a phone interview with an Epic representative. I took a proctored IQ test that had math and programming questions. I flew to Wisconsin for a day-long on-site interview. I learned about the software and various roles, took a tour of the buildings, and completed three one-on-one interviews. I also took a grammar and reading comprehension test while I was on-site.

Interview Question – What are five things that you are not?   Answer Question

Technical Services

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Interview Details – Applied online. Completed an online exam, followed by a phone interview, and was then invited on site for a formal interview. I had 3 skills exams which tested on basic math, reading comprehension, and logic & programming. The formal interview consisted of a technical and HR interview. All were fairly straightforward.

Interview Question – All the questions were fairly straightforward.   Answer Question

Verona, WI

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3+ months - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in December 2012.

Interview Details – The process has several parts. First the initial application is pretty standard but includes sending an academic record if applying directly out of school. After this you are required to take an off site knowledge / aptitude test that for me was administered at my local library. If that goes well then they do a phone interview and finally invite you to their campus for an in person interview provided all the previous rounds go well.

Interview Question – One question you should be prepared to answer both during the phone interview and while on site is what is the thing that frustrates you most.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I was presented with a paid opportunity to seek further education and chose that instead.

Verona, WI

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in April 2010.

Interview Details – Interesting interview process. They ask you intellectually stimulating questions to decipher whether or not you think like they do. I was initially declined a job offer, but then granted one 3 months later. I am not sure how their process works, so good luck.

Interview Question – Solving analytical story problems by hand. You also have to think quick, since a lot of questions are thrown your way in a limited amount of time.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, take it or leave it.

Technical Services

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Interview Details – Was looking for a job for after college. I was already interested in the company before I applied so, when a recruiter contacted me, I immediately applied. There was a personality test when I applied. Afterwards, I went through an initial 30 minute phone interview. Was then given a skills assessment which had a math, verbal, and learn a programming language portion.

Interview Question – Given a skills assessment. Thought I did well on it but not good enough.   Answer Question

Technical Services

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in March 2013.

Interview Details – Overall, the interview process was very timely and smooth. I started off with a short phone interview and really asked more questions than the interviewer. Then I took a skills test that lasted about 3 hours, but you can finish early. It was difficult, programming/logic/problem solving type questions.
I received an email before the time I was told they would contact me back and had an office interview. Office interview was great, everyone I talked with was friendly, and for the most part everyone I saw there was young (20's or 30's) it seemed. They do a great job of introducing you to a lot of different people throughout the interview process in one on one interview, case study, lunch, or presentation of the software. Took another test at the office interview as well, about half as long as the first one though. The offices are beautiful and very exciting to see in person.
Got an offer shortly after the office interview.

Interview Question – No questions were really out of the ordinary. Be prepared for questions about what your references would say good and bad about you.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They don't negotiate salary. I accepted.

Verona, WI

I applied through college or university and the process took 8 weeks - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in October 2013.

Interview Details – After you submit an application, you will be contacted for a phone interview and later on for online screening (skills and personality tests). The skills test is proctored online. You may be contacted afterwards for an on-site interview, which includes an overview of the company, your role, etc.

Interview Question – Perhaps the most unexpected component of the on-site interview was the Technical Services Case Study. You are presented with maybe 3 or 4 issues that you might face on a typical workday and asked how you would address each of them.   Answer Question

Madison, WI

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in June 2010.

Interview Details – Full day of interviewing. Started with a tour of their campus. Had to take an IQ/Intelligence test as well as a programming test. Spoke with people that are in the same role that I was applying for as well as an HR representative. Overall the company treats the applicants very well. The night before the interview they take you out to dinner in Madison where you can learn more about the company and the work you will be doing. All of the travel arrangements were pretty easy and I didn't have much problem.

Interview Question – The HR rep asked me how much I was expecting in a job like the one I had applied for   Answer Question

Madison, WI

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in April 2009.

Interview Details – Communication with company was primarily through email and phone calls. There was an online examination, a phone interview, and then a round of interviewing at their facility. They contacted me back when they said they would with their answer. Their interviewing was intense, but they just wanted to see how you would function in their environment.

Interview Question – A time you had committed to a deadline but couldn't meet it   Answer Question

Worked for Epic Systems Corporation? Contribute to the Community!