Epic Systems Corporation

Updated Feb 22, 2015
Updated Feb 22, 2015

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Verona, WI

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in April 2011.

I posted my resume on Monster and then Epic reached out to me directly and encouraged me to apply for the TS role. I filled out a personality test, had a phone interview, and was then invited to the campus for a full interview. The campus interview took all day and involved 3 tests (math, verbal, programming) as well as 2 interviews (general HR and role-specific). There was also a campus tour and lunch so it took all day. About a week and a half later, I was called by my initial recruiter and offered the job, which I accepted.

Interview Questions
  • The programming test was quite rigorous considering that I was applying for a role where they teach you programming. There was a question that you had to solve by knowing the algorithm to generate permutations. That algorithm is definitely not extremely common and I only knew about it from my own readings.   View Answer
There was not any negotiating and there really is with Epic. They offered me what I thought was a lot, $62,000 so I took it. I did get three weeks to tell them whether I would accept the offer or not. I called them about a week and half later and accepted it.

Other Interview Reviews for Epic Systems Corporation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Verona, WI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in March 2012.

I applied for a position at a college job fair. I took an online personality assessment. I had a phone interview with an Epic representative. I took a proctored IQ test that had math and programming questions. I flew to Wisconsin for a day-long on-site interview. I learned about the software and various roles, took a tour of the buildings, and completed three one-on-one interviews. I also took a grammar and reading comprehension test while I was on-site.

Technical Services Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Applied online. Completed an online exam, followed by a phone interview, and was then invited on site for a formal interview. I had 3 skills exams which tested on basic math, reading comprehension, and logic & programming. The formal interview consisted of a technical and HR interview. All were fairly straightforward.

Anonymous Employee in Verona, WI

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in December 2012.

The process has several parts. First the initial application is pretty standard but includes sending an academic record if applying directly out of school. After this you are required to take an off site knowledge / aptitude test that for me was administered at my local library. If that goes well then they do a phone interview and finally invite you to their campus for an in person interview provided all the previous rounds go well.

Interview Questions
    • One question you should be prepared to answer both during the phone interview and while on site is what is the thing that frustrates you most.   View Answer

I was presented with a paid opportunity to seek further education and chose that instead.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Verona, WI

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in April 2010.

Interesting interview process. They ask you intellectually stimulating questions to decipher whether or not you think like they do. I was initially declined a job offer, but then granted one 3 months later. I am not sure how their process works, so good luck.

Interview Questions
    • Solving analytical story problems by hand. You also have to think quick, since a lot of questions are thrown your way in a limited amount of time.   Answer Question
    No negotiation, take it or leave it.

Technical Services Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in August 2014.

Similar to other posts, the interview consisted of multiple stages, including:
    - Phone Interview
    - Online Assessment and Personality Profile
    - On-site interview with multiple employees

I feel that if you are a likable person with a solid background then you will be fine. Be comfortable in all stages of the interview process and don't be afraid to think outside of the box. They are looking for people who will do just that. Any and all on-site interactions are either covered or reimbursed so if you get the chance, then take full advantage of that and do your best. The Madison area seems like a great place to start a new career.

Some say that the interview process is long and tiring and that they burn you out from the start. I can't co-sign with that statement as I felt fine during and after the interview (I was actually ready for a lot more). Maybe it's because I have full-time experience with multiple employers (during college time nonetheless) prior to this encounter and I know truly what being "burnt out" means. Overall I would say that the experience is great and if you're given the opportunity to apply and interview, then go for it!

Interview Questions
    • You are presented with a case involving 2 of your own customers and a customer of a coworker. It's the beginning of the week and they are all in a panic.   View Answers (2)

Technical Services Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

First round is a brief phone interview, second round is a (long) skills assessment, and third is an on-site interview. I actually decided this company wasn't for me before finishing the hiring process. The negative comments from other reviews are all true. I didn't need to waste my time.

Interview Questions
    • The programming portion of the skills assessment was the most difficult.   Answer Question

Technical Services Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Was looking for a job for after college. I was already interested in the company before I applied so, when a recruiter contacted me, I immediately applied. There was a personality test when I applied. Afterwards, I went through an initial 30 minute phone interview. Was then given a skills assessment which had a math, verbal, and learn a programming language portion.

Interview Questions
    • Given a skills assessment. Thought I did well on it but not good enough.   Answer Question

Technical Services Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in March 2013.

Overall, the interview process was very timely and smooth. I started off with a short phone interview and really asked more questions than the interviewer. Then I took a skills test that lasted about 3 hours, but you can finish early. It was difficult, programming/logic/problem solving type questions.
    I received an email before the time I was told they would contact me back and had an office interview. Office interview was great, everyone I talked with was friendly, and for the most part everyone I saw there was young (20's or 30's) it seemed. They do a great job of introducing you to a lot of different people throughout the interview process in one on one interview, case study, lunch, or presentation of the software. Took another test at the office interview as well, about half as long as the first one though. The offices are beautiful and very exciting to see in person.
    Got an offer shortly after the office interview.

Interview Questions
    • No questions were really out of the ordinary. Be prepared for questions about what your references would say good and bad about you.   Answer Question
    They don't negotiate salary. I accepted.

Anonymous Employee in Verona, WI

I applied through college or university. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in October 2013.

After you submit an application, you will be contacted for a phone interview and later on for online screening (skills and personality tests). The skills test is proctored online. You may be contacted afterwards for an on-site interview, which includes an overview of the company, your role, etc.

Interview Questions
    • Perhaps the most unexpected component of the on-site interview was the Technical Services Case Study. You are presented with maybe 3 or 4 issues that you might face on a typical workday and asked how you would address each of them.   View Answer