Epic Systems Corporation Technical Services Interview Questions

Updated Mar 23, 2015

2.7

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN
Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in January 2015.

I originally applied for the Implementation Services, Technical Services, and the Solutions Engineer positions. I received an email indicating that I was to have a phone interview for the Implementation Services position a little more than a week after I applied. A week after the phone interview, which was mostly behavioral questions, I received an email inviting me to the next round of on-site interviews where, in addition to interviewing me for the Implementation Services position, they also said they'd interview me for the Technical Services position. This indicated to me that they were a little unorganized, which was slightly annoying, but what can you do? I was studying abroad, so I had to delay the on-site interview a little while, but upon returning I made the trek to Verona. At the end of the on-site interview, my HR recruiter asked me my relative preferences for the two positions. About two weeks later, I received a call extending and offer for the Technical Services position. If you take the time to go through Glassdoor and list all the questions you'll ace the whole thing. I don't understand how you couldn't at least get an on-site interview when you have the opportunity to prepare for every possible question they could possibly ask you.

Interview Questions

I've lived in Madison for four years as a college student. It's a fun city for undergrads, but I'm no longer an undergrad.

Other Interview Reviews for Epic Systems Corporation

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in November 2014.

4 part interview process - resume review, phone interview, online assessment, campus interview. Overall a positive experience, but expect to commit a lot of time to the process if you're serious about the company. Do your research and understand the business model. I ended up declining the offer, but I really enjoyed the campus interview; it was tough to pass up and under different circumstances I could have seen myself there. Employees were interesting, but not always the most "academic" types. Emphasis on quality of life and job satisfaction, but little room for career development down the road.

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in March 2015.

Got an email from a recruiter describing the position and that I may be a match. Went through the hiring process (phone interview, tech assessment, onsite interview) and overall it wasn't very technical or nerve-racking. Did not get an offer, but enjoyed the day and the company.

Technical Services Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Apply, phone interview, skills assessment, in-person interview. Pretty basic stuff for the interviewing. Phone interview is really informal. In-person is a bit more intense. Skills assessment is straightforward. No previous coding experience necessary.

Technical Services Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Applied online and was contacted within a week or so. The next steps included a 30 min phone interview and an online assessment. The online assessment was mostly problem solving (word problems and math) and some coding as well. A next or so later I was invited for an on site interview. I'm currently at this stage in the interview process.

Interview Questions
    • How did you learn about Epic and why are you interested?   Answer Question

Technical Services Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

I applied through their website after seeing their software being used in a hospital. They responded with a behavioral test and a proctored online test, which was broken up into sections. They also scheduled a phone interview.

After the tests and the interview, they informed me that they were considering me for a different role (I had originally applied to be a Project Manager). I sent in another application, and they scheduled an on-site interview.

They took care of the flights and lodgings, and I met some other applicants at the hotel. We went to dinner with a current employee, which was very relaxed and fun. The next day, I went out at the scheduled time to the actual campus, which was about 20 minutes out of Madison. We had a quick introduction and presentation about Epic, then we went to talk to a current Technical Services person about the position. Next, I had a "case study" about customer service and prioritizing urgent issues. Then, we went to lunch in their cafeteria and went on a tour of some of the campus (it's huge, and they're continuously expanding). After the tour I had an interview with an HR representative. Lastly, I had a programming assessment. I am not a programmer, so this was somewhat difficult for me, but it was not timed and you could just write pseudocode. It was not multiple choice like the proctored exam.

Still waiting to hear about an offer.

Interview Questions
    • What are the things about this position that you see as positive? What are the things about this position that you see as negative?   Answer Question

Technical Services Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

It is a phone interview. The first 1/3 is about me and my resume. The next 1/3 is about TS and HR's experience at Epic. The last part is about me asking questions. HR really expects my questions, so it is important to have some interesting things about Epic in your mind.

Interview Questions
    • What factors are important in terms of choosing all your offers?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in February 2015.

I discovered about Epic during a campus recruiting visit and applied online. They responded very fast (2-3 days) and quickly setup a phone interview that week. Phone interview was pretty basic; essentially background information about the job and your resume.resume. Next I was contacted do to a technical assessment exam where there were 4 parts: a quick answer section, Math/problem solving section, a technical learning question and programming section. The only section that seemed difficult was the programming section, partly because I don't have much experience in that area. Next is an on site interview. They are fast with the job process and respond quickly

Interview Questions
    • Basic background questions; where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in February 2015.

After talking to an on campus rep and giving a resume, I was then given a phone interview in which I just talked about the company and answered basic interview questions. Then I was given an online exam with math, logic, and coding questions.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work at Epic instead of other companies?   Answer Question

Technical Services Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in February 2015.

I applied online and a few days later was emailed by HR asking to schedule a 30min phone interview. The phone interviewer was a person in the Technical Services division, not an HR representative. He asked questions about my resume, a few behavioural questions, and provided me with more details about the HR process. I was able to ask about the company and the position. Less than a week later I recieved instructions for the online assessment.

Still waiting to continue in the process.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about __ on your resume.
      Where do you see yourself in five years?
      What programming skills do you have?
      etc.