Epic Systems Corporation Technical Services Interview Questions

Updated Jul 30, 2015

2.7

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Madison, WI) in July 2015.

Interview

Start with a 30-min. phone interview. Next comes an online personality assessment and non-technical skills assessment. On-site interview is done with a group of other applicants for different positions. Throughout the day, you get rotated between different interviewers and a tour of the company. Depending on what position you're there for, you may give a presentation or take a technical skills assessment. It's a long day, but the non-technical questions are pretty standard.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you found a flaw in a process and implemented a change to improve it.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Epic Systems Corporation

Technical Services Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Interview

I applied online. Two days later I received an email for the arrangement for a phone interview. It takes about 30min according to the email. The interviewer will be an employee who is currently working at the position I applied for. I set the time and date, which will be coming pretty soon.

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Madison, WI) in March 2015.

Interview

Interview was in two stages - first a remote technical test that involved a writing sample, a mental math test, and a coding logic test. This takes about 2 hours to complete. Then, if that went well, they fly you out to Madison for a day's worth of on-site interviews, which again include a logic test, a case study, and several "why do you want to work for Epic?" types of questions.

Interview Questions

• Coding problem: in pseudocode, write a program that can identify "additive digits." For example, "123" is additive because 1 +2 = 3. another example is "112233" since 11 + 22 = 33.   Answer Question

Technical Services Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in July 2015.

Interview

Easy, the interviews are relaxed. Depending on the position you are applying, you may have to take a few assessments which can be difficult. Starts with easy phone convo with hr. Then assessment with two parts. One tests you ability to learn and asks logic and math questions. The other is where you answer riddle like math questions with a code of your choice. Then they j vote you out if you do well enough. If you get this opportunity, epic has a rally cool campus and the day is easy and relaxing. Then in one to two weeks they let you know with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Why epic? What attracted you to this job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Madison, WI) in July 2014.

Interview

Written exam (consisted of programming questions, English/grammar questions, mathematics questions), phone interview (what made me apply to Epic, what my goals were, what to expect from the job), flew me on-site for an interview

Interview Questions

• How would you handle certain situations (how would you prioritize your work)   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Boulder, CO) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview process started with a brief phone interview and then if that went well they did a technical test that was fairly hard but felt more like a standardized test than anything. It was more of an IQ test to make sure you could handle their training. If you passed the technical interview then they would ask you for an on-site interview which for me included flying me out to Madison Wisconsin.

Interview Questions

• Based off of my references what would they say are my weaknesses and strengths.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Atlanta, GA) in June 2015.

Interview

So far, I had the phone interview with an employee of the same position. It was really relaxed and the conversation took a total of about 45 minutes of basic HR questions and resume overview. The next day, I was asked to take a skills assessments which I scheduled for a week later. Pretty standard and not much you can do to prepare.

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Irvine, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Had my phone interview with a Technical Services employee. Also, had an online web cam programming interview. The programming portion was fairly difficult. Make sure you study your coding, preferably C++. Awaiting decision on whether I got the job or not.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Epic?   1 Answer

Technical Services Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in April 2015.

Interview

It was extremely thorough and they were very helpful through it all in regards to scheduling. It starts with a phone interview, an assessment test after and then an on-campus interview.

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation (Madison, WI) in May 2015.

Interview

I was first contacted through my school career services that Epic was hiring, so I applied online through their website. Very soon after that they contacted me for a phone interview. The phone interview was very relaxed and seemed more informational than actually trying to evaluate me. The next step was a skills assessment which tested mainly on basic math and logic questions and programming skills. They also have you take a Rembrandt profile test for personality. I got invited for an on-site interview at Epic now, and they have me interviewing for the Technical Services position and also the Integration Engineer position which I did not apply for. All of this was within one month of applying.