Epic Systems Corporation

Getting the Interview

174 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Verona, WI

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Interview Details – Recruited during on campus career fair and instructed to apply online. After filling out generic information and taking a basic aptitude test, I was invited to a phone interview with another employee. After that, I took a monitored test on basic math and computer science skills. I was then invited to campus for an onsite interview consisting of a programming assessment and multiple interviews.

Interview Question – What was the most maddening thing about your last internship?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Wasn't the best choice for me

Verona, WI

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3+ months - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in December 2012.

Interview Details – The process has several parts. First the initial application is pretty standard but includes sending an academic record if applying directly out of school. After this you are required to take an off site knowledge / aptitude test that for me was administered at my local library. If that goes well then they do a phone interview and finally invite you to their campus for an in person interview provided all the previous rounds go well.

Interview Question – One question you should be prepared to answer both during the phone interview and while on site is what is the thing that frustrates you most.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – I was presented with a paid opportunity to seek further education and chose that instead.

Interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation

Interview Details – Epic put me through probably the most "exam-heavy" and "IQ-heavy" interview processes when compared with other companies. They absolutely love their numbers and statistics, which is proven by their interview process. When I made first contact at a career fair, the employee's second question to me was regarding my high school SAT/ACT score, which I found interesting. This was followed by a 30 minute phone call, with the usual interview questions. I then took about a 3 hour online exam. I was then asked to come on site for an interview and tour of their (absolutely stunning) campus.

Interview Question – They gave me a case study with 3 simulated client complaints. I had to prioritize them and say what I would do in each situation.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotation

Very Difficult Interview

Verona, WI

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in March 2012.

Interview Details – I applied for a position at a college job fair. I took an online personality assessment. I had a phone interview with an Epic representative. I took a proctored IQ test that had math and programming questions. I flew to Wisconsin for a day-long on-site interview. I learned about the software and various roles, took a tour of the buildings, and completed three one-on-one interviews. I also took a grammar and reading comprehension test while I was on-site.

Interview Question – What are five things that you are not?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Verona, WI

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in November 2013.

Interview Details – Interview process took a month. Phone screen with Epic TS, then a 3 hour test you can take at home online. They say they judge on speed and accuracy. I did most of the test with pretty good speed I think, but the coding part made me take 3.5 hours total. Afterwards I was flown up to the main campus in Verona. Campus is beautiful inside and out. The interview process was fairly easy, no technical questions. They give another test during the in person interview process. I went over the time by 10-15 minutes but that obviously didn't deter them from hiring me. Overall just be a generally nice person and pretty decent at test taking and giving coherent responses to interview questions and you shouldn't have any issues getting this job.

Interview Question – How would you help x person with general problem y?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Salary is a bit lower than I'd like, althought it goes a long way in Madison.

Very Easy Interview

Madison, WI

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in November 2013.

Interview Details – Phone Interview with some creative questions.
Online assessment tests.
Onsite with brief 1 on 1 interview and more assessments tests.

Interview Question – Prioritizing 3 communications in order of urgency.   Answer Question

Technical Services

I applied online and interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Interview Details – Shortly after submitting my application, I received an email requesting a phone interview. The phone interview was pretty laid back and lasted about 25-30 minutes. I spoke with a technical services employee. They asked basic questions about my resume and why I would be a good fit for Epic. They also asked about my experience with programming.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions.   Answer Question

Technical Services

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in November 2013.

Interview Details – Had a phone interview asking about basic stuff like things on your resume and why do you choose Epic. It was really general and no worries for this one. Then I took an online assessment test which was not that difficult. And I am in a process setting up a on site interview.

Interview Question – Questions are general   Answer Question

Technical Services Interview

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Interview Details – Applied online. Completed an online exam, followed by a phone interview, and was then invited on site for a formal interview. I had 3 skills exams which tested on basic math, reading comprehension, and logic & programming. The formal interview consisted of a technical and HR interview. All were fairly straightforward.

Interview Question – All the questions were fairly straightforward.   Answer Question

Technical Services

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Interview Details – I originally applied as a software developer. I started the application process through a friend's referral. I was contacted with a email within days, asking me to send a resume and fill out some standard forms. I had a phone interview with one of the developers. The interview was not very formal and not technical. I was asked an open-ended question. It was most likely to see how I approach problems and not looking for any technical "right" answer.
I was invited to take an online proctored assessment. It consists of math, logic, and programming sections with multiple choice questions. Personally, I thought the math was very easy. The logic section was a little more mentally challenging. The programming section consist of learning a new language and applying the knowledge. There is also a coding section. It was slightly challenging. You can use any language, and possibly pseudo code.
I received a email a few days later inviting me for an interview. However, it was for the technical services position and not for software developer. This was probably because of my not-so-great performance on the coding section of the assessment and my deficient background in programming.
The hotel, flight, and all other expenses are covered, which is great. I had an enjoyable time the first night having dinner with two current Epic employees. The interview starts at 9 the next morning. First, it was a round of software demo. After which, the recruits (about 8) break up into individual interviews and activities. I had two 30 minute interviews. They were informal and probably mainly serve to provide me with information. I took another online assessment concerning logic. It was a little more difficult. After a 30 minute tour of the campus and lunch, I had a final interview with HR. It was the only "real" interview. There was nothing unexpected.

Interview Question – List 5 of your weaknesses   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I had a pleasant time in the interview process. The visit was great, the actual environment was nice. It was just like a college campus. I think about 70% of the employees are under 27 years old.
All the people I met were very nice. I think if I went there, I would have enjoyed it very much.
Ultimately, it came down to what I want to do in life. I originally applied as a software developer, and I still want to be a software developer. There are programs to help fund taking CS classes at the U Wisconsin Madison, but it will take time. I don't want to be stuck in a career that is not my first choice.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Epic Systems Corporation