Epic Systems Corporation

Updated Dec 2, 2014

2.7

191 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in September 2014.

I applied for the position at career fair, which was the same as applying online except they also took my resume. I was contacted to schedule a behavioral interview and interviewed with someone who was currently working in technical services. It felt like it was one of her first interviews because there was a lot of awkward pauses. Afterwards, I was contacted to take assessments which were pretty long and were proctored online which I felt were very unnecessary. A couple weeks after taking the assessments, I was notified I was not moving on to the final round. There are other mentions of this on here, but I do have the impression that your performance on the assessments is the number one factor on whether or not you will move forward.

Other Interview Reviews for Epic Systems Corporation

Technical Services Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in August 2014.

Similar to other posts, the interview consisted of multiple stages, including:
    - Phone Interview
    - Online Assessment and Personality Profile
    - On-site interview with multiple employees

I feel that if you are a likable person with a solid background then you will be fine. Be comfortable in all stages of the interview process and don't be afraid to think outside of the box. They are looking for people who will do just that. Any and all on-site interactions are either covered or reimbursed so if you get the chance, then take full advantage of that and do your best. The Madison area seems like a great place to start a new career.

Some say that the interview process is long and tiring and that they burn you out from the start. I can't co-sign with that statement as I felt fine during and after the interview (I was actually ready for a lot more). Maybe it's because I have full-time experience with multiple employers (during college time nonetheless) prior to this encounter and I know truly what being "burnt out" means. Overall I would say that the experience is great and if you're given the opportunity to apply and interview, then go for it!

Interview Questions
    • You are presented with a case involving 2 of your own customers and a customer of a coworker. It's the beginning of the week and they are all in a panic.   View Answers (2)

Technical Services Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in June 2014.

Applied through university career fair and was contacted to schedule a phone interview. Phone interview mainly consisted of factual confirmation on my resume (university name,graduation date, major, etc.). This included questions about any school and work experience. The interview also included some typical behavioral type questions. Interview then provided information about the position and answered any questions I had about the position or the company. The interview probably lasted 20-30 minutes.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

I participated in a phone interview and online job assessment with Epic Systems for a position in Technical Services. The phone interview basically consisted of 3 portions: background on the company as a whole, information about the position and how it works, and then any questions I may have. In total, the interview lasted about 30 minutes.

The online job assessment was not very difficult, but was a little strange since I had never done one like that before. They use an online proctoring company that monitors your computer as you do various tests. These consist of things like logical reasoning questions and intro level computer programming programs.

Interview Questions
    • There really weren't any difficult or unexpected questions in the phone interview, but you should make sure you have good questions to ask them!   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in April 2014.

I had initially been contacted through a campus recruiter recommending that I apply online. I did and was almost immediately contacted to set up a phone interview, followed by an online reasoning test, and then I was flown out to Madison for a whole day visit. The only real complaint that I had was that I was pushed through the process almost too quickly – before I even got a chance to tell them that I was more interested in a different position with the company then TS I was already on to the next round, and I didn't have a chance to really pursue implementation – which I think I would enjoy more.

Technical Services Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

The interview process started with a scheduled phone interview which lasted approximately 20 minutes. This was followed by an invitation to the Epic campus in Verona for an all-day visit. The day consisted of a couple 1:1 interviews and a series of skill tests, including some programming-based ones. All in all, the interview process was very streamlined and relatively quick.

Interview Questions
    • The most "difficult" question was probably the series of case studies, which asked how you would deal with issues posed by clients and how you would prioritize certain tasks. These can be answered based on common sense and are really not that difficult. The programming test may be tough if you haven't coded in a while, but pseudocode is permitted.   Answer Question

Wanted to pursue a master's degree; job did not really match my career interests

Technical Services Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in April 2014.

Epic came to campus as part of a career fair. The recruiter was easy to talked to and seemed to be more interested in my social skills rather than any accomplishments. Regardless, he told me to submit my application online (pretty much just a resume and a few very basic questions).

Got a email to schedule a phone interview about 2 or 3 days later. The phone interview itself was probably a week after. It was extremely simple, just answering a few questions regarding your resume, a few logistics regarding the position (TS), and a few basic and cliche interview questions.

About another week passes and I get another email saying to take an online test through ProctorU. I schedule it for 3 days later. It was composed of a math section (SAT level stuff with some logic riddles mixed in), verbal questions, and a programming section. I don't know any real programming languages but just used pseudo-code from my MATLAB experience. It must have been good enough because after another week I got invited to an on-site interview which I scheduled for the following week.

The onsite interview was nice but drawn out. Everything was paid for so I can't complain too much. The first night is completely informal where we had a dinner with a current TS employee. The second day is pretty much all demonstrations/tours/show and tell. There was a 30 minute verbal test (not sure why I had to do another one), and a 30 minute case study which was actually enjoyable and fun.

They told me that I'd hear back in a week or two. Overall, from start to finish it's probably been 2 months. A long process but I'm not in a rush.

Interview Questions
    • Some of the logic questions were tough but not impossible. The nondisclosure prevents me from giving specifics.   Answer Question

Technical Services Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

There were multiple steps to the process. These included: An online application form, a phone interview, a battery of online tests (personality, programming, math, english), an in-person interview, and an intensive on-site programming test.

Interview Questions
    • There were several programming questions. If you didn't know any programming languages (like me), this was quite challenging/nearly impossible.   Answer Question
    They gave me over a month to decide. However, I was not able to negotiate my salary, vacation time, or benefits at all.

Technical Services Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

I sent in my resume through my university's job portal. I was contacted by Epic and had a quick phone interview with HR. Then I had to take a webcam proctored test that took approximately 3 hours where I was tested on logical questions and programming. About a week after that I was contacted to fly out for an interview on site in Verona, WI. They put you in a nice hotel and you have the option to have a casual, fun dinner with a current employee. The interview started at 8 a.m. the next day which was pretty relaxed. They explain what Epic is and give you a tour of the campus which is unreal, look up pictures because it's hard to explain. I had to do a case study of how to prioritize problems, take another logic test on a computer, and have an end interview with HR. One week later they called with my offer.

Interview Questions
    • If we were to ask [insert reference name here] what your weaknesses are, what would he/she say?   Answer Question

1. The position didn't have to do with any of my schooling, I would learn how to do everything there.
    2. Location: so cold.
    3. I have heard that they have a tremendous amount of work and work long hours without compensation.
    4. Riding off three, the salary didn't seem to be enough for the amount of work.

Technical Services Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in March 2014.

The interview process took about 4 weeks. I submitted my resume and application online. In a few days, I received an email to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was very basic, where the interviewer asked me to confirm some info that I put in my application, whether I had any coding experience before and walked through my resume, places I've worked, what I liked and didn't like about the places, etc.

The next week, I took a skills assessment exam done via webcam by ProctorU. It took about 2 hours to finish. The assessment is split into different sections with some being simple math and others on computer science basics. One section gave five different problems and you had to write a code for each to solve each problem. I had no prior coding experience, so I left this entire section blank. In addition, I also had to complete something called a Rembrandt Profile, which took about 15 minutes.

The next week, I received an email asking me to fly on-site for a second round. I flew in to Madison the morning the afternoon before my interview, they put me in a very nice hotel and had dinner with an Epic employee as well as a group of other candidates, which was very nice. I arrived at Epic the next morning. After some breakfast, a group of us received a short software demo. Then we split off into smaller groups. Someone from the Technical Services department gave us an overview of the TS department and answered any of our questions. Afterwards was a one-on-one case interview that involved reading some example emails and voicemails, and then asking how you would prioritize certain things as well as many questions along the lines of: "Here is this situation. What is your first step?" Then, after a short grammar assessment, I had a one-on-one HR interview where they looked over my application, asked about my future plans, why I chose Epic, etc. Finally I had lunch and a tour and flew back home.

A week and a half later, I received an email saying they decided to move forward with other applicants.

Interview Questions
    • Suppose you have a client who doesn't completely trust you or isn't totally sure you can do a good job. How would you go about making them trust you?   Answer Question