Epic Systems Corporation

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Verona, WI

I applied online and the process took 8 weeks - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in March 2012.

Interview Details – It was a long process starting with a phone interview which seemed to be just telling me about the job and making sure I was not socially awkward. I was notified a few days later that the next step in the process was a skills assessment which took a couple of hours and was mostly problem-solving, math questions, and riddles. A few days later I was invited for an on-site interview where I spent from 8:30AM to 4:00PM answering questions, sometimes the same questions to different people, and participating in situational analysis, etc. I was also required to have a presentation prepared. My presentation included diagrams and a model and some writing on the board. They will ask you and are looking for people who are willing to travel and have a solid work ethic.

Interview Question – Name three things that you are not   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Madison, WI

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in June 2010.

Interview Details – Applied for a consulting position and they saw CS on my resume and had me interview for Technical Trainer. On campus they gave me a take-it-by-yourself coding problem and had someone ask me questions off a sheet of paper and write down my answers.

At Epic I got asked questions off a sheet of paper again, took an SAT like test, and took a personality quiz.

Amazingly they let me sit on the offer for 6 months (I applied in fall semester, and wanted to interview with other companies through the spring semester). After 3 months they called me and said they'd decided to up the offer by $5,000.

Interview Question – Give an example of how you...   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Read a lot of online reviews about how Epic hires everyone and keeps no one. Based on their interviewing and recruiting practices I realized it was probably true.

Technical Trainer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in April 2012.

Interview Details – Placed by CV on Monster and received an email from a recruiter from Epic saying they were interested in possibly hiring me as a Technical Trainer. Encourgaged me to apply to their online site. About 1.5 weeks later, I received an email asking me to take their hybrid personality/Skills/IQ inventory. 1.5 weeks later I received a "Thanks but no thanks" e-mail ending the process.

Interview Question – There was not interview   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Technical Trainer

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in August 2011.

Interview Details – The company was quick to contact me through email. They were in nearly constant connection via email. They were really great about scheduling quickly, as I needed to have an answer before my return date to my other job. For this company, being as transparent and casual as possible is a plus. The environment is laid back and comfortable. They seem to realize that employee happiness leads to higher productivity.

Interview Question – What are 5 personality traits you ARE NOT.   Answer Question

Worked for Epic Systems Corporation? Contribute to the Community!