Epic Systems Corporation

Updated Feb 17, 2015
Updated Feb 17, 2015

3.1

Trainer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

I applied online. After a phone interview and a skills test, I was invited to interview onsite. The day started off pretty low key. Everyone seemed very nice and welcoming. There was a tour, a Q and A session with a current trainer, 2 presentations, lunch, a tour, and then 5 30 minute interviews. Most of the questions were situational questions that you can't really prepare for and have to think of on the spot. The hardest interview is with your HR person at the end of that day.

Other Interview Reviews for Epic Systems Corporation

Trainer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Applied online, still going through the process.

Phone interview with a current trainer. Nice chat, very comfortable. Be sure to prepare questions. They will answer many of your questions, but it always helps to have one or two that may help make a positive impression.

Online Assessments. I did the personality test, along with the big grouping of language, math, and programming tests. I also did the writing assessment. It's tedious, no doubt about it. You've just got to gird up your loins and get after it.

Location Interview. You must teach a 15 and a 2 minute lesson to a current group of employees. The 15 minute lesson can be on any topic, the 2 minute lesson should be on an everyday task. They'll supply a whiteboard (which I'd find a way to use!), but no Power Points or visuals. I suggest choosing lessons that don't require a lot of supplemental materials. Make it about you, you're the star of the show. It definitely seems that they're looking to see that you are personable, poised, and engaging.

Interview Questions
    • Just seriously think about why you want to work for the company. Being capable of articulating a poignant and sincere response to that question will go a long way. Get past the money and the perks.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI
    Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in January 2015.

Initial phone interview just to get a feel for you. If you pass this portion they will have you complete a battery of tests. One of the tests is a personality test the other test has a logic and math section, a verbal association section and a speed section. If the tests go well you will be asked on site for an interview.

Trainer Interview

First they call you with super basic questions. Easy. Then you do personality profile. Easy. They like type A people. Then, they make you do a proctored exam. timed 2 min math portion with 10 questions, a 30 question verbal part, a 30 quesiton logic questions, and then a ridiculously hard programming section.

Trainer Interview

First I received a phone interview. The interviewer was very nice and we even got a bit off topic. Then I had to do an online skills test that took about two hours. Next I had to do a writing assessment that took about an hour. Then they invited me for an on-site interview.

Interview Questions
    • Why did you decide to go straight from high school to college?   Answer Question

Trainer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in August 2014.

I had a friend refer me to Epic, which sort of helped speed up the interview process. I then had to fill out the online application anyway. I then had a phone interview with another person in the position I was interested in nine days after my friend submitted my inquiry. The phone interview was really pleasant. The trainer asked me questions about if I had any education experience and why I was interested in the position. It took about forty minutes for me even though they say it'll only be about 30. I felt my phone interview went very well.

Then they sent me links for the online tests. There was a timed test (how many questions can you answer in 2 minutes), a math test, a programming test, a verbal test, and a personality test. I took mine online at home, so I had the online proctor watching over. Even though they said you don't need to prepare for those tests, I would research questions beforehand especially if you haven't taken math in awhile and to get an idea of the programming questions. I took it really early in the morning before, and I really should've waited until I was mentally awake enough. I also made the mistake of doing the timed one first, which I would do second after you're more acquainted with the process. Having never taken computer programming, I only understood about half - three-fourths of the programming exam, which they said doesn't really matter since my position wouldn't be involving that. I took longer than the average time for the exams, which I blame for me not advancing in the application process any farther along with probably failing the programming and timed ones.

Interview Questions
    • A man walks into a hardware store and wants to buy something. The sales associate says that one item is $1. The man says he wants "300." The sales associate says that will be $3. What did the man buy?   View Answer

Anonymous Employee in Verona, WI

I applied online – interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in June 2014.

They have a multiple step process including: Phone interview, online assessment, and on-site interview. The phone interview is pretty straightforward - they will tell you about the company and their role (they will have someone from the function you applied for call you, not someone from HR). They will ask you about relevant experience, and give you a chance to talk about yourself. They give you plenty of time to ask any questions that you may have, so be sure to have some prepared. They will also ask about other positions that you may be interested in and when you go to interview on site you will interview with people relevant to those positions.

The online assessment is position specific, but everyone gets a computerscience/coding section. I also had a speed math section, a problem solving math section (more standardized test like, but nothing above algebra), and a grammar section. You will have an online proctor via a webcam, so be sure to be in an appropriate place.

If you get invited on site, they actually spend a good amount of time selling the company to you. You will get the chance to speak with several different people relevant to your possible position(s), not all of which are really interviews. Most of the people you talk to are not HR, but people who work in your possible function or related who do interviews/show you around. I had two presentations, one long and one short. The instructions said not to allow time for questions at the end because they would ask questions as you moved along, but I did not get asked a single question until the end of my presentation.

Interview Questions
    • Short Presentation: 2 minutes to explain how to do an everyday task.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in January 2014.

I'm a 41 year old systems trainer with 15 years of experience. I was asked to interview for an EPIC systems trainer position. I didn't hear anything for about three weeks. Then I got an email around 3:30 one day, to come in for an assessment that would include math and programming, at 8 am the next morning. Mind you, I have not done an SAT/GRE type test in over 20 years. I was told, don't worry, you don't have to prepare, you'll do fine. I am most definitely a horrible test taker and I could not believe the ridiculous questions. Why would a trainer (who trains system end users) take a math and programming test? It was completely humiliating and I don't understand the company's thinking in making every person on an implementation take this test. I have my master's degree in English and I'm considered a very good training developer and trainer. What a horrible experience.

Interview Questions
    • some crazy question about "a teenager and a half"...what is half of a teenager??   View Answer

Anonymous Employee in Verona, WI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in September 2012.

Once you apply, you have to get through the online personality test. Once you pass that, they contact you for a phone interview. About a week or so after that, they will call to schedule an in-person interview and assessment. Phone interview is about half an hour. It went really well and I received an invite.

Interview Questions
    • Interview questions were pretty standard, such as describe your best traits, etc. The quiz part was on a computer. They explain what you are suppose to do very quickly and briefly.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

I applied online. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in April 2012.

I started by turning in an application through Epic's website. Next, I received an online personality test to complete. About a week later I was asked to do a phone interview. A week after that Epic wanted me to take some external assessments on logic/math. I must have passed those because next I was called for an in-person interview. The day long interview consisted of a few interviews, a presentation, a tour of the campus and their software, and lunch. Overall I am impressed with Epic's culture and work ethic- if you know what you are getting into with Epic, you should enjoy it. I received an accepted Epic's offer two weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you interesting in working at Epic? How did you hear about Epic?   Answer Question