Epic Systems Corporation

Average Difficulty
252 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Verona, WI

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in June 2014.

Interview Details – I applied to epic, they got back to me in a couple of days asking for an interview, scheduled and interview. They were very prompt. very simple interview with questions such as, why do you want to work for epic, what can you contribute. There was ample time for questions afterwards.

Interview Question – There was not anything unexpected   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern
Verona, WI

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in November 2013.

Interview Details – Phone interview: in which they just seemed to want to get to know you a little bit better, and make sure you were a real person. Nothing too challenging, just a little bit of background and few basic technical questions.

Video test (ProctorU): which basically comprised of basic math/programming question. Nothing that should be challenging to anyone with a basic knowledge in either topic. The programming section essentially covered all the knowledge of a basic CS intro class (recursion, basic programming syntax, etc). Any language can be used.

On site interview: They covered transport costs and housing. They showed us the campus a little and had a basic personality interview. Nothing really challenging here.

Interview Question – It was pretty easy overall, not too many technically challenging questions. They just wanted to see if you knew basic programming skills.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Non-negotiable

Technical Services Interview

Technical Services
Verona, WI

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in April 2010.

Interview Details – Interesting interview process. They ask you intellectually stimulating questions to decipher whether or not you think like they do. I was initially declined a job offer, but then granted one 3 months later. I am not sure how their process works, so good luck.

Interview Question – Solving analytical story problems by hand. You also have to think quick, since a lot of questions are thrown your way in a limited amount of time.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, take it or leave it.

Verona, WI

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in May 2012.

Interview Details – The interview process is disillusioning. They do not tell you the PM role, like all Epic roles, is highly technical. They will make you meet many people, which can be confusing because the same role can have multiple names/acronyms. Additionally, they did not explain to me what an "application" means - which would have been nice to know.

Interview Question – The interview process is strenuous, but good. Nothing too out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None.

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Verona, WI

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Interview Details – The reviews on here are all very accurate and helpful when entering Epic's hiring process. I initially applied online (very easy application- pretty much just upload your resume). After a few days, I was contacted to set up a 30min phone interview with a Project Manager. During the phone interview, we talked about my resume and experiences, the project manager position and what it entails, and then the remainder of the time was for any questions that I had. After the phone interview, I was contacted to do online assessments which took about 2 hours to complete via a Proctor website. Then I was contacted to come in to Epic for an in-person interview. Onsite I had 2 interviews (1 with a project manager and 1 with an HR Recruiter), a case study, and gave a short presentation on whatever topic I desired. In addition, we were given a demo of the software, a tour of the campus, and lunch. If you read these reviews, prepare for your presentation, and have a good attitude, the day will be fine! Everyone I met was very nice and friendly and I enjoyed the day (although it got pretty tiring by the end). Good luck!

Interview Question – Describe a time you had to be assertive.   Answer Question

Corporate Trainer Interview

Corporate Trainer
Verona, WI

I applied online and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in June 2014.

Interview Details – You start with a phone call -- average questions, my lady was very nice -- and then they set you up for the tests. For me it took about 5-10 days in-between each thing to hear back from them. I didn't have the intense programming section of the test, so for me it was four sections. There are a lot of word games and awkwardly phrased questions to try to throw you through a loop. It took me about an hour and a half to finish everything, though, and it's not too hard. The mandatory programming section is a little tricky if you have no experience, but it's simple if you take short notes while you're going through it. After that, you'll do another short assessment like most jobs do (do you consider yourself an angry person or a submissive person, etc.) and then wait again to hear back. If they decide to do the on-campus interview, they'll pay for everything. So even if you aren't sure about the position, it's a great opportunity and the campus is great. On campus you'll have around three or four interviews, a tour, a presentation consisting of one 15-minute and one 2-minute teaching session, and info sessions. They'll also pay for lunch, and possibly for dinner the night before.

Interview Question – During my first interview, they asked me to impromptu teach on a subject I would not be teaching later that day.   View Answer

Verona, WI

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in May 2014.

Interview Details – Initial casual 30 min phone interview to go over resume points. Then scheduled to take a logic assessment. Took about 2.5 hours and was proctored by a third party site that watched on webcam to make sure you weren't using other resources. Setting that up was kind of a pain. I was then contacted again via email letting me know they wanted to fly me out for an on-site interview. Took me and other recruits out to dinner the night before the interview and gave us a tour of Madison. On the interview day they gave us an intro presentation then candidates Then I had to give a 10 min presentation on any topic I wanted (they'd told me I had to do this before the trip), then was interviewed 1 on 1 by HR, then read and gave case analysis recommendations, then took a tour of the campus, then was lastly interviewed by a Project Manager.

Interview Question – Tell me something nice you've done for someone lately.   Answer Question

Quality Assurance Interview

Quality Assurance
Verona, WI

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Interview Details – Interesting, they let you check some of their code and asked a couple problem solving questions in addition to the behavioral questions. They mostly recruit directly out of college, looking for new hires they can mold in their mindset and system. You will speak with an HR person on the phone first, then have a phone interview with an employee in the department to which you applied

Interview Question – They had a coding challenge to see if you can get a hang of their system   Answer Question

Verona, WI

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in January 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online, spoke to a recruiter, completed a phone screen, and flew out to Madison for the interview day. I ended up interviewing for three positions (I only applied for one) and spent the day speaking to recruiters and other staff, giving a presentation, and completing a few assessments. Within one week I received an offer.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer
Verona, WI

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in May 2014.

Interview Details – Contacted by college recruiter, told to apply online. After applying online, was emailed about scheduling an interview within a day or two. A short phone interview, then the 3-4 hour long online test (refer to others description for how the software works). Most of the time was spent during the programming portion which had 4 different prompts for me. The other sections were much shorter (one was 2 minutes timed for quick thinking). Like others said, the programming section does not test your in depth knowledge on any one language in particular, but does require good programming skills in whatever language you prefer to write with. As usual, no way to compile and test your code. After the conclusion of the 2 step process for the interview (phone interview / online skills test), the process took over 2 weeks to hear back. No on-site interview for me, so this is where my experience ends. On a final note: During phone interview, they make sure you are willing to move to the Madison, WI area - so if you are not from the area and are not interested in moving there, you might not want to waste yours and their time.

Interview Question – Nothing was overly difficult compared to previous interviews I have had. It was just time consuming.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Epic Systems Corporation

Worked for Epic Systems Corporation? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Epic Systems Corporation interview questions and advice in Verona, WI. All 252 interview reviews posted anonymously by Epic Systems Corporation employees and interview candidates.