Epic Systems Corporation Interview Questions in Verona, WI

Updated Sep 5, 2014
Updated Sep 5, 2014

258 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Verona, WI

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in August 2014.

After receiving an employee referral I submitted my resume, transcript, and personal information I was contacted the following Monday by Epic HR to let me know my application had been received. About a day later I received another email saying that I would be receiving information on scheduling a behavioral assessment, skills exam, a phone interview. That week I completed the behavioral assessment (30 min) and skills exam (2 hrs). The phone interview was conducted that Friday with a current Epic PM. I was told I would be contacted within two weeks with further instructions. After one week I received and email saying they were pursuing other people for the position. While I didn't receive an offer I appreciated the expedited interview process and prompt responses.

Interview Questions
    • "Where do you see yourself in 5 years?"
      "What do you think makes a good manager?"
        Answer Question

PM/QA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Verona, WI

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Phone interview, hours of personality tests and cognitive ability/ coding knowledge and finally an all day interview (several 1v1s, presentation, tour, info sessions). Way to long for them to just heard a group of 10-15 people for a few jobs.

Interview Questions
    • What is something about yourself that you'd like us to know that we might not know after today   View Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Verona, WI

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

The reviews on here are all very accurate and helpful when entering Epic's hiring process. I initially applied online (very easy application- pretty much just upload your resume). After a few days, I was contacted to set up a 30min phone interview with a Project Manager. During the phone interview, we talked about my resume and experiences, the project manager position and what it entails, and then the remainder of the time was for any questions that I had. After the phone interview, I was contacted to do online assessments which took about 2 hours to complete via a Proctor website. Then I was contacted to come in to Epic for an in-person interview. Onsite I had 2 interviews (1 with a project manager and 1 with an HR Recruiter), a case study, and gave a short presentation on whatever topic I desired. In addition, we were given a demo of the software, a tour of the campus, and lunch. If you read these reviews, prepare for your presentation, and have a good attitude, the day will be fine! Everyone I met was very nice and friendly and I enjoyed the day (although it got pretty tiring by the end). Good luck!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Verona, WI

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Interesting, they let you check some of their code and asked a couple problem solving questions in addition to the behavioral questions. They mostly recruit directly out of college, looking for new hires they can mold in their mindset and system. You will speak with an HR person on the phone first, then have a phone interview with an employee in the department to which you applied

Interview Questions
    • They had a coding challenge to see if you can get a hang of their system   Answer Question

Corporate Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Verona, WI

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in June 2014.

You start with a phone call -- average questions, my lady was very nice -- and then they set you up for the tests. For me it took about 5-10 days in-between each thing to hear back from them. I didn't have the intense programming section of the test, so for me it was four sections. There are a lot of word games and awkwardly phrased questions to try to throw you through a loop. It took me about an hour and a half to finish everything, though, and it's not too hard. The mandatory programming section is a little tricky if you have no experience, but it's simple if you take short notes while you're going through it. After that, you'll do another short assessment like most jobs do (do you consider yourself an angry person or a submissive person, etc.) and then wait again to hear back. If they decide to do the on-campus interview, they'll pay for everything. So even if you aren't sure about the position, it's a great opportunity and the campus is great. On campus you'll have around three or four interviews, a tour, a presentation consisting of one 15-minute and one 2-minute teaching session, and info sessions. They'll also pay for lunch, and possibly for dinner the night before.

Interview Questions
    • During my first interview, they asked me to impromptu teach on a subject I would not be teaching later that day.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Verona, WI

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in June 2014.

I applied to epic, they got back to me in a couple of days asking for an interview, scheduled and interview. They were very prompt. very simple interview with questions such as, why do you want to work for epic, what can you contribute. There was ample time for questions afterwards.

Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Verona, WI

I applied online – interviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in June 2014.

They have a multiple step process including: Phone interview, online assessment, and on-site interview. The phone interview is pretty straightforward - they will tell you about the company and their role (they will have someone from the function you applied for call you, not someone from HR). They will ask you about relevant experience, and give you a chance to talk about yourself. They give you plenty of time to ask any questions that you may have, so be sure to have some prepared. They will also ask about other positions that you may be interested in and when you go to interview on site you will interview with people relevant to those positions.

The online assessment is position specific, but everyone gets a computerscience/coding section. I also had a speed math section, a problem solving math section (more standardized test like, but nothing above algebra), and a grammar section. You will have an online proctor via a webcam, so be sure to be in an appropriate place.

If you get invited on site, they actually spend a good amount of time selling the company to you. You will get the chance to speak with several different people relevant to your possible position(s), not all of which are really interviews. Most of the people you talk to are not HR, but people who work in your possible function or related who do interviews/show you around. I had two presentations, one long and one short. The instructions said not to allow time for questions at the end because they would ask questions as you moved along, but I did not get asked a single question until the end of my presentation.

Interview Questions
    • Short Presentation: 2 minutes to explain how to do an everyday task.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Verona, WI

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

Phone interview with a manager, exams to test creativity and intelligence, on site interview accompanied with a 5 minute presentation on a topic of your choice. It was definitely one of the more involved interviews I've had (out of maybe a dozen) so I would recommend preparing and being on your game. They are looking for bright people that can communicate and learn because schools don't really teach what you will be doing.

Interview Questions
    • There is a book called Entertaining Mathematical Puzzles that will give you an idea of the types of questions on the exam that tests your creativity and ability to think outside the box.   Answer Question
    I gave them a salary range and they gave me an offer above the midpoint with the ability to get a raise after getting certified.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Verona, WI

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation.

First, was the phone interview which is just a basic half an hour interview where someone from their team asks you typical interview questions. Be prepared to ask questions. Depending on when you receive the email you must take an assessment either before or after the phone interview. It's a basic assessment and there is a technical portion with programming. You will be okay if you've had any exposure to coding.

After the assessment, if you do well then you get invited to their onsite interview. Their accommodations really speak at how thorough and involved everyone is in the process. At the onsite interview they have everything planned out for you. The first half of the interview is not exactly an interview as they get you acclimated to the company and introduce you to people to speak about the position you are applying for. Either before or after lunch, you will get a tour of the building. Finally a case study with an employee is an interview that really pertains to your position. After you meet with your recruiter to wrap things up and depending on your travel plans, they will arrange for you to go back to the hotel or the airport. Everything is so well coordinated, it's absolutely fantastic.

Throughout your entire day at Epic it's good to remember that they are essentially interviewing you the entire time. Everyone you speak seems to have an impact on whether you get the job. Just hold yourself well the entire time, smile and be positive.

Epic is also extremely casual. Their employees pretty much wear jeans and whatever they want. They specifically tell you not to dress up too much (no suit) so you can wear khakis or jeans. Even though I was interviewing, watching someone walk in with a suit really throws you off and if I was an employee I would think that the kid didn't know how to follow instructions. And remember, just because you stayed the night at the hotel, doesn't mean that you shouldn't shower in the morning or comb your hair regardless of gender. Some people really look like they simply rolled out of bed. Physical appearances do make an impression.

Interview Questions
    • The questions are basic interview questions and depending on your position you should be able to answer the specific case study questions. They should be intuitive.   Answer Question
    No negotiation but salary was higher than anticipated.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Verona, WI

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Epic Systems Corporation in May 2014.

The interview was pretty easy. I did a phone interview, which was quite easy. He talked about my background, and tried to get a read on what a good role fit would be for me. I think he wanted to see what position I would fit best in, and to gauge what my strengths were. Next step, was an assessment. I did my assessment on ProctorU. I had to take 5 assessments, which took roughly 2 hours. Then I was invited there for an on-site interview. They fly you in the day before, put you up in a swanky hotel, and offer to have an employee treat you to dinner and show you the town. It was pretty fun, and I enjoyed the courting process. The next morning, they'll get you to the campus at 8-9ish. I was given a very short overview of the software, led on a tour, overviewed the positions, did case studies, ate lunch, did another assessment, had an HR interview and sent home.

Interview Questions
    • The Programming Assessment. I didn't know there would be an assessment of my actual programming knowledge. It's fairly easy, but I didn't know any programming, so I obviously found it quite difficult.   View Answer
    There is no negotiation. You are asked what you are looking for in terms of compensation during the HR interview of the on-site interview. I gave my rep a figure and she told me that both positions I was applying for paid more than the figure I gave (50,000).