Epicor Software
www.epicor.com Austin, TX 1000 to 5000 Employees

Epicor Software Business Development Representative Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Mar 6, 2014

Getting the Interview

Average Difficulty
11 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Minneapolis, MN

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Epicor Software.

Interview Details – 4 round interview, first with Senior BDRs in the position, next two with upper managers and finally a short "why me" presentation

Interview Question – "What do your colleagues struggle at?"   Answer Question

Interviewed at Epicor Software

Interview Details – I talked with them at my college's career fair and was invited from there to come to a pizza social at their office. They offered a sign up for interviews at the social. I came in for an interview that week and was offered the opportunity to do a field day a couple days after.

Interview Question – What is the latest book you've read that wasn't for school?   Answer Question

Saint Louis Park, MN

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Epicor Software in May 2013.

Interview Details – Online recruiters, in-person interview with two managers

Interview Question – What makes you a good fit for Epicor?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Business Development Representative

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Epicor Software.

Interview Details – Starts with a phone interview with recruiter who makes sure you understand the job role (which is most likely inflated because they have no idea what the job actually does). Then a phone interview with the manager/lead of your team asking questions about your background. 3rd interview is in person with manager to discuss commission structure (which is also inflated). In the 3rd interview you get to meet the team, which is helpful, but the job isnt team oriented, its individual.

Interview Question – No difficult questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations. Salaries are low and below industry standard. Commission is nice, but inflated numbers are given during interview, actual commission much lower than expected.

Minneapolis, MN

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Epicor Software.

Interview Details – Phone interview

Interview Question – routine questions   Answer Question

Minneapolis, MN

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Epicor Software in June 2012.

Interview Details – They start with a group interview and try to fire off questions rapidly to see how you will handle them. Your 2nd interview will start with a one-hour "field day" (shadow) of a current employee to show you what we do day-to-day. After the hour is up, you meet with a manager and they ask you more questions and you'll probably be hired because they are desperate for people.

Interview Question – How do you define success?   View Answer

Minneapolis, MN

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Epicor Software.

Interview Details – Phone screening interview, then moved to a group interview with 9 other interviewee's.

Interview Question – Sell me why I should buy Green Bay Packers season tickets?   Answer Question

Irvine, CA

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Epicor Software in February 2012.

Interview Details – panel interview

Irvine, CA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Epicor Software in August 2010.

Interview Details – First there was a phone interview from Minneapolis MN. Basic questions, then a meeting in Irvine HQ. The interview was about 1 hr long, which I thought was a good sign. Office was very corporate for a software company- felt like I was at a Deloitte or something. Very sterile, not much activity. The interviewer was very nice and professional. Asked me basic selling oriented questions and examples from previous jobs. Looking for a leader who doesn't need to be managed much who can make many calls and overcome objections.

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – Problem was, the job isn't so good- they are using the title "business development" to mean "inside cold calling sales". Don't think you even need a degree to do that. I think the interviewer could tell it was a bad job b.c he kept stressing that they promote people a lot.

Minneapolis, MN

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Epicor Software in November 2009.

Interview Details – Group interview of 10-15 people.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – No ability for negotiation

Interviews for Top Jobs at Epicor Software

Worked for Epicor Software? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Epicor Software Business Development Representative interview questions and advice. All 11 interview reviews posted anonymously by Epicor Software employees and interview candidates.