Epicor Software Business Development Representative Interview Questions

2.4

11 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Epicor Software.

4 round interview, first with Senior BDRs in the position, next two with upper managers and finally a short "why me" presentation

Other Interview Reviews for Epicor Software

Business Development Representative Interview

I talked with them at my college's career fair and was invited from there to come to a pizza social at their office. They offered a sign up for interviews at the social. I came in for an interview that week and was offered the opportunity to do a field day a couple days after.

Interview Questions
    • What is the latest book you've read that wasn't for school?   Answer Question

Business Development Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Epicor Software.

Starts with a phone interview with recruiter who makes sure you understand the job role (which is most likely inflated because they have no idea what the job actually does). Then a phone interview with the manager/lead of your team asking questions about your background. 3rd interview is in person with manager to discuss commission structure (which is also inflated). In the 3rd interview you get to meet the team, which is helpful, but the job isnt team oriented, its individual.

Interview Questions
    No negotiations. Salaries are low and below industry standard. Commission is nice, but inflated numbers are given during interview, actual commission much lower than expected.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Epicor Software.

Phone interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis Park, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis Park, MN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Epicor Software in May 2013.

Online recruiters, in-person interview with two managers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Epicor Software.

Phone screening interview, then moved to a group interview with 9 other interviewee's.

Interview Questions
    • Sell me why I should buy Green Bay Packers season tickets?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Epicor Software in June 2012.

They start with a group interview and try to fire off questions rapidly to see how you will handle them. Your 2nd interview will start with a one-hour "field day" (shadow) of a current employee to show you what we do day-to-day. After the hour is up, you meet with a manager and they ask you more questions and you'll probably be hired because they are desperate for people.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Epicor Software in February 2012.

panel interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Epicor Software in August 2010.

First there was a phone interview from Minneapolis MN. Basic questions, then a meeting in Irvine HQ. The interview was about 1 hr long, which I thought was a good sign. Office was very corporate for a software company- felt like I was at a Deloitte or something. Very sterile, not much activity. The interviewer was very nice and professional. Asked me basic selling oriented questions and examples from previous jobs. Looking for a leader who doesn't need to be managed much who can make many calls and overcome objections.

Interview Questions
    • What are your strengths and weaknesses?   View Answer
    • Describe how you reached a decision maker in a large company?   Answer Question

Problem was, the job isn't so good- they are using the title "business development" to mean "inside cold calling sales". Don't think you even need a degree to do that. I think the interviewer could tell it was a bad job b.c he kept stressing that they promote people a lot.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Epicor Software in November 2009.

Group interview of 10-15 people.

No ability for negotiation