Epicor Software

2.5

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Epicor Software in February 2013.

Phone interview. Then technical online testing (no interviewer), in a computer lab in my campus.Phone interview. Then technical online testing (no interviewer), in a computer lab in my campus.Phone interview. Then technical online testing (no interviewer), in a computer lab in my campus.

Software Developer Interview

Resume dropped on their website and they contacted me about a week later. Had a basic phone interview to confirm information on resume, why Epic, why previous experiences etc. Then had an onsite interview which included the basics: tests, 1:1 interview with a software developer, tour of campus and software

Interview Questions
    • 3 references: strengths and weaknesses they would say about you   Answer Question

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Epicor Software in October 2012.

Responded to a website posting. The recruiting effort was a little disjointed - two different folks who weren't totally in sych.

Two weeks later I was scheduled for a 20min phonescreen: standard technical phonescreen. Four days later I had an onsite multi-phase interview with manager, group then assistant manager.

Unlike the phonescreen, the interview was the hardest interview of my life: on-the-fly scripting, detailed questions on the OS, SAN, filesystems, security etc. I left drained, convinced that not only had I failed, but that I pitied the fool who would ever work there.

However I was called back both by the recruiter and the senior manager and agreed to meet for coffee to discuss the job further. They put my fears to rest (see below) and I've really enjoyed it.

Interview Questions
    I met with two managers for coffee to cover a list of about 15 questions about the environment. My initial impressions were very wrong and my concerns quickly put to rest (I was concerned that despite a difficult commute the hours were strict, dress code quite formal, technical expectations too high).
    I requested a copy of the benefits and compared to my current package - found them to be comparable.
    I counter-offered with a few percent bump plus a few days off for a planned family trip, this took a week to get approved. I've been there three months, very happy.

Territory Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Epicor Software in September 2012.

The interview process began with connecting with a recruiter via LinkedIn. From there began the process:
    ~Initial Phone Screen with a recruiter, 30 minutes or so, general background and goals
    ~Phone Interview with hiring manager (Director), 60 minutes, typical interview
    ~Phone Interview with another Director (to get a second opinion), 60 minutes, typical
    ~In person interview with Director and Sr. Director, 90 minutes, traditional interview
    ~Began background check
    ~Phone interview with Sr. VP of Sales, to discuss compatibility of vision and culture

Interview Questions
    • I must say that I didn't get thrown any curve balls or anything like that. All the interviews were pretty vanilla; why have you been successful, what is your approach and style, what separates you from the pack, where do you see yourself in 5 years, etc.   Answer Question
    Very little negotiating involved, the offer was actually sweeter than I expected thus I was happy to accept it as presented.

Business Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Epicor Software in June 2012.

They start with a group interview and try to fire off questions rapidly to see how you will handle them. Your 2nd interview will start with a one-hour "field day" (shadow) of a current employee to show you what we do day-to-day. After the hour is up, you meet with a manager and they ask you more questions and you'll probably be hired because they are desperate for people.

Technical Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Epicor Software in April 2012.

internal hire

Part Time Business Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

The process took a weekinterviewed at Epicor Software in February 2012.

Hiring is initiated by a recruiter who contacts a candidate for a phone interview. After conducting a phone interview, the recruiter schedules an appointment for the candidate to participate in a group interview conducted by the management under whose authority the candidate will be placed if hired. Following the group interview, successful candidates are asked to return for a field day which consists of one to two hours of shadowing a current employee in the position to which the candidate is applying, which is followed by a final, one-on-one interview with the manager who makes the final hiring decision, and under whom the candidate will work for, if the candidate is affirmative in their interested after this process.

Interview Questions
    • If you were in my position, who would you pick for this position   View Answer
    Only hours and scheduling if between 20-40hrs/wk

Business Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Epicor Software in February 2012.

panel interview

Campus Technical Services/Problem-Solver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Epicor Software in January 2012.

It was fairly simple, talked to a recruiter at a career fair and they emailed me the next day to set up a phone interview and a computer based skill test that tests your logic and programming skills. Spent 1/2 a day at their offices in Wisconsin went on a tour talked to some employees and had a behavioral interview, nothing too hard.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty standard questions. One I always have trouble with, name 3 reasons why we should not hire you.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Epicor Software in October 2011.

I was contacted by a recruiter and decided to take it a shot. Took a personality test called Rembrandt and then had a phone interview with a software engineer. Rembrandt was pretty straightforward nothing to worry about really and the interview with employee was basically just to go over my resume and confirm the information included in it. I took the skills test a local library and it was not very hard but the last problems on the programming section were a bit tricky.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you interested in working for Epic?   View Answer