Epicor Software Interview Questions

Updated Apr 9, 2015
Updated Apr 9, 2015

2.5

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Epicor Software in April 2013.

Interview

Communicative recruiters

Interview Questions

• Describe most complex project, role in project, challenges faced, outcome, what would I have done differently   Answer Question

Senior Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Epicor Software (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

Applied on Dice and was contacted by an internal recruiter who did a quick phone screen. Next was a more technical phone screen with the software directors. Finally, a face to face interview with a panel of four senior software people. Surprisingly, they didn't put me to the whiteboard, only some generic software questions: what is an interface, abstract class?

Business Development Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Epicor Software (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

Phone screening interview, then moved to a group interview with 9 other interviewee's.

Interview Questions

• Sell me why I should buy Green Bay Packers season tickets?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Epicor Software (Columbus, OH) in February 2013.

Interview

Phone interview. Then technical online testing (no interviewer), in a computer lab in my campus.Phone interview. Then technical online testing (no interviewer), in a computer lab in my campus.Phone interview. Then technical online testing (no interviewer), in a computer lab in my campus.

Interview Questions

Interview

Resume dropped on their website and they contacted me about a week later. Had a basic phone interview to confirm information on resume, why Epic, why previous experiences etc. Then had an onsite interview which included the basics: tests, 1:1 interview with a software developer, tour of campus and software

Interview Questions

• 3 references: strengths and weaknesses they would say about you   Answer Question

Systems Administrator Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Epicor Software (Austin, TX) in October 2012.

Interview

Responded to a website posting. The recruiting effort was a little disjointed - two different folks who weren't totally in sych.

Two weeks later I was scheduled for a 20min phonescreen: standard technical phonescreen. Four days later I had an onsite multi-phase interview with manager, group then assistant manager.

Unlike the phonescreen, the interview was the hardest interview of my life: on-the-fly scripting, detailed questions on the OS, SAN, filesystems, security etc. I left drained, convinced that not only had I failed, but that I pitied the fool who would ever work there.

However I was called back both by the recruiter and the senior manager and agreed to meet for coffee to discuss the job further. They put my fears to rest (see below) and I've really enjoyed it.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I met with two managers for coffee to cover a list of about 15 questions about the environment. My initial impressions were very wrong and my concerns quickly put to rest (I was concerned that despite a difficult commute the hours were strict, dress code quite formal, technical expectations too high).
    I requested a copy of the benefits and compared to my current package - found them to be comparable.
    I counter-offered with a few percent bump plus a few days off for a planned family trip, this took a week to get approved. I've been there three months, very happy.

Territory Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Epicor Software in September 2012.

Interview

The interview process began with connecting with a recruiter via LinkedIn. From there began the process:
    ~Initial Phone Screen with a recruiter, 30 minutes or so, general background and goals
    ~Phone Interview with hiring manager (Director), 60 minutes, typical interview
    ~Phone Interview with another Director (to get a second opinion), 60 minutes, typical
    ~In person interview with Director and Sr. Director, 90 minutes, traditional interview
    ~Began background check
    ~Phone interview with Sr. VP of Sales, to discuss compatibility of vision and culture

Interview Questions

• I must say that I didn't get thrown any curve balls or anything like that. All the interviews were pretty vanilla; why have you been successful, what is your approach and style, what separates you from the pack, where do you see yourself in 5 years, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very little negotiating involved, the offer was actually sweeter than I expected thus I was happy to accept it as presented.

Business Development Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Epicor Software (Minneapolis, MN) in June 2012.

Interview

They start with a group interview and try to fire off questions rapidly to see how you will handle them. Your 2nd interview will start with a one-hour "field day" (shadow) of a current employee to show you what we do day-to-day. After the hour is up, you meet with a manager and they ask you more questions and you'll probably be hired because they are desperate for people.

Interview Questions

• How do you define success?   1 Answer

Technical Support Analyst Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Epicor Software (Minneapolis, MN) in April 2012.

Interview

internal hire

Business Development Representative Interview

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Epicor Software (Irvine, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

panel interview