Epicor Software

Updated Oct 28, 2014

2.5

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Epicor Software in April 2011.

Start with some question with the resume. Everything else is pretty much described by other post. nothing new.

Interview Questions
    • what is static function of c++. why do we need it.   View Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Epicor Software in February 2011.

The process seemed a bit drastic for the position but got an in-depth review of materials and business procedures. I had a one-on-one interview with the HR representative, after completing my few IQ tests. Then I was sent a test based off a SAT math and verbal questions.

This process lasted over 3 weeks and was very detailed. I did not understand the programming code and was blind sided by the test.

Interview Questions

Not sure if i want to live in Madison

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Yardley, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Yardley, PA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Epicor Software in September 2010.

Interviewed with 3 different people. Good experience getting to know the people I'd be working with.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Epicor Software in August 2010.

I applied online and received a call from a recruiter for a phone interview. The interview was very basic, general behavioral questions like how do you work with others, talk about one of your weaknesses, why are you leaving your current company. The interviewer was really nice and the conversation was good.

Interview Questions
    • All questions for very typical, nothing was surprising or unexpected.   Answer Question

Business Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Epicor Software in August 2010.

First there was a phone interview from Minneapolis MN. Basic questions, then a meeting in Irvine HQ. The interview was about 1 hr long, which I thought was a good sign. Office was very corporate for a software company- felt like I was at a Deloitte or something. Very sterile, not much activity. The interviewer was very nice and professional. Asked me basic selling oriented questions and examples from previous jobs. Looking for a leader who doesn't need to be managed much who can make many calls and overcome objections.

Interview Questions
    • What are your strengths and weaknesses?   View Answer
    • Describe how you reached a decision maker in a large company?   Answer Question

Problem was, the job isn't so good- they are using the title "business development" to mean "inside cold calling sales". Don't think you even need a degree to do that. I think the interviewer could tell it was a bad job b.c he kept stressing that they promote people a lot.

ERP Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Epicor Software in January 2010.

I got someone on the inside to get my resume to HR because the automated resume reading tool missed my skills and qualifications. They I had 2-3 phone interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Had to put together a "presentation". Was given about 20 minutes notice. It wasn't that big of a deal and came to find out later that another colleague never even had to do one. It was so random. It was like the hiring manager was just going through the motions.   Answer Question
    There was no real negotiation. When I tried to negotiate, I was basically threatened with the long time delay it would take to go through the whole process again. It already took 2 months to get to this point and I didn't want to wait another 2 months for a counter/counter offer, so I took what they gave me.

Business Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Epicor Software in November 2009.

Group interview of 10-15 people.

No ability for negotiation

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Epicor Software in December 2008.

Phone interview, meeting face to face in airport. Hired! Sink or swim.

No negotiation. The offer at the time was very fair.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Epicor Software in July 2008.

Flew me to NJ, had a 1:1 interview (2 hours); then group (2:1) for about an hour; then had to do a presentation.
    Questions and areas were fine.
    Liked: they are expanding (not really, they layed off many); pretty good product (ERP);
    Not liked: never mentioned the culture at Epicor. Never said it was a good place to work.
    I had the impression it was a high pressure place.
    I know from personal experience they put people in the field with little experience, they throw bodies at the problem.
    This was with the regional manager, can see why.

Interview Questions
    • Why did you chose Epicor   View Answer
    • Please prepare a presentation for how you would explain to a project team   Answer Question

APAC Corporate Support Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Epicor Software.

It was the longest interview process that I was ever experienced. The role came to me through LinkedIn connections, despite the VP of HR Recruitment was kept informed about my expected salary since the second email, thereafter each interview session that pass on was given false hope that I was closer to the end of the process, but after went through 6 interview sessions & still waiting for so call "last interview" with the APAC MD, which took me nearly 4 months to go through the 6 interview sessions, but wasn't completed entirely, finally I was told that my application was KIV due to the company budget couldn't match with my expected salary. Hence, I was wondering why bother to ask my expected salary since the beginning & never filtered me out but kept given false hope & in the end still make me wait for another 2 weeks to get the news that I was rejected? Luckily, I wasn't actively looking out hence the impact occurred to me was minimal but if such situation happened to other candidate who needs a job but had chosen to stay in the interview process & maybe had drop other company application receives the same treatment like I get, that would be unprofessional & irresponsible. Please relook in shorterning your interview process & pay more attention in details coz your organisation can end up loosing hire potential talent if continues the same experience happened to me during the interview stage. Thanks.

Interview Questions
    • Such as... 1) Can you work with business leader & be a proactive business partner although your role is from support function? 2) What can you do differently in "business case"? Etc...   Answer Question