Epicor Software

Relevance Date Difficulty

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer
Madison, WI

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Epicor Software in October 2011.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a recruiter and decided to take it a shot. Took a personality test called Rembrandt and then had a phone interview with a software engineer. Rembrandt was pretty straightforward nothing to worry about really and the interview with employee was basically just to go over my resume and confirm the information included in it. I took the skills test a local library and it was not very hard but the last problems on the programming section were a bit tricky.

Interview Question – Why are you interested in working for Epic?   View Answer

Campus Technical Services/Problem-Solver Interview

Campus Technical Services/Problem-Solver
Madison, WI

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Epicor Software in January 2012.

Interview Details – It was fairly simple, talked to a recruiter at a career fair and they emailed me the next day to set up a phone interview and a computer based skill test that tests your logic and programming skills. Spent 1/2 a day at their offices in Wisconsin went on a tour talked to some employees and had a behavioral interview, nothing too hard.

Interview Question – Pretty standard questions. One I always have trouble with, name 3 reasons why we should not hire you.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Manager
Madison, WI

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Epicor Software in February 2011.

Interview Details – The process seemed a bit drastic for the position but got an in-depth review of materials and business procedures. I had a one-on-one interview with the HR representative, after completing my few IQ tests. Then I was sent a test based off a SAT math and verbal questions.

This process lasted over 3 weeks and was very detailed. I did not understand the programming code and was blind sided by the test.

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – Not sure if i want to live in Madison

Business Development Representative Interview

Business Development Representative
Irvine, CA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Epicor Software in August 2010.

Interview Details – First there was a phone interview from Minneapolis MN. Basic questions, then a meeting in Irvine HQ. The interview was about 1 hr long, which I thought was a good sign. Office was very corporate for a software company- felt like I was at a Deloitte or something. Very sterile, not much activity. The interviewer was very nice and professional. Asked me basic selling oriented questions and examples from previous jobs. Looking for a leader who doesn't need to be managed much who can make many calls and overcome objections.

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – Problem was, the job isn't so good- they are using the title "business development" to mean "inside cold calling sales". Don't think you even need a degree to do that. I think the interviewer could tell it was a bad job b.c he kept stressing that they promote people a lot.

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager
San Diego, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Epicor Software in August 2010.

Interview Details – I applied online and received a call from a recruiter for a phone interview. The interview was very basic, general behavioral questions like how do you work with others, talk about one of your weaknesses, why are you leaving your current company. The interviewer was really nice and the conversation was good.

Interview Question – All questions for very typical, nothing was surprising or unexpected.   Answer Question

Business Development Representative Interview

Business Development Representative
Minneapolis, MN

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Epicor Software in November 2009.

Interview Details – Group interview of 10-15 people.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – No ability for negotiation

Consultant Interview

Consultant
Boston, MA

The process took a day - interviewed at Epicor Software in July 2008.

Interview Details – Flew me to NJ, had a 1:1 interview (2 hours); then group (2:1) for about an hour; then had to do a presentation.
Questions and areas were fine.
Liked: they are expanding (not really, they layed off many); pretty good product (ERP);
Not liked: never mentioned the culture at Epicor. Never said it was a good place to work.
I had the impression it was a high pressure place.
I know from personal experience they put people in the field with little experience, they throw bodies at the problem.
This was with the regional manager, can see why.

Product Support Specialist Interview

Product Support Specialist
Vernon, BC (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Epicor Software in March 2014.

Interview Details – I had a total of 3 Interviews with the first being a quick phone interview.
The second interview was a panel interview consisting of HR, Manager of Product Support and another Manager for Dev.
The final interview was with potential colleagues within the Product Support department, this was the first time I had experienced this type of interview.

QA Software Engineer Interview

QA Software Engineer
Monterrey, Nuevo León (Mexico)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Epicor Software.

Interview Details – First of all, this interview was for the Epicor Software office located in Mexico.

The total process consisted in 3 interviews, and the total process took around 2 weeks. I was referred by my friend who had started working there. I was contacted by phone first to arrange an appointment for my first interview.

The first interview was with one of the Team Leader who asked me a lot of questions about my previous job, the kind of experience I had and what was I currently doing there. I was asked some technical questions, all of them referent to what I specified on my resume. Then I was asked to solve a couple of technical exercises (a little bit of coding) then my interviewer came back to review them and to ask some more questions, this time to check how my brain works (logic and reasoning).

The second interview was with the QA Team Manager, as I mentioned before, this interview was in Mexico for a position in Mexico, anyway, Epicor requires certain level of English from their employees. The first interview was completely in the Spanish (local language), this second interview was fully in English, I perceived it was this way mainly to analyze if my English level was acceptable for the position but also I was made some other technical questions and questions about my experience in the area. This second interviewer also questioned my motifs to leave my current job as a Developer to pursue a new position as a QA, I think this was intended to see how "trustable" I was to be considered for a long term position.

The third and final interview was with the local Development manager, this interview was just to make me the offer for the job, talk about the salary and the benefits the company offers.

Interview Question – Some of the logic / reasoning questions were very tricky, they just want to see how your mind works.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, they had a budget for the salary offered for this position which was just a little bit higher than my current job at the moment but the benefits were way bigger so I accepted the job.

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Pointe-Claire, QC (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Epicor Software in May 2013.

Interview Details – took about 6 months before getting hired. interviewed 2 times within one month. then company went on hiring freeze. 3rd interview, with new manager, was totally informal where the manager was pretty much stating the facts about the position, expected to do overtime, and how if current employee don't start measuring up with overtime expectations, they may not be around for very long.

Interview Question – first 2 interviews were very professional where all questions were typical interview qns. they were really adiment about finding someone who would be a good fit with the rest of the team and able to deal with difficult people on the team along with someone who has all the skills sets. 3rd interview, with new manager was very informal, and offered salary.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – there was no way to negotiate