Epicor Software

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Epicor Software in October 2012.

Responded to a website posting. The recruiting effort was a little disjointed - two different folks who weren't totally in sych.

Two weeks later I was scheduled for a 20min phonescreen: standard technical phonescreen. Four days later I had an onsite multi-phase interview with manager, group then assistant manager.

Unlike the phonescreen, the interview was the hardest interview of my life: on-the-fly scripting, detailed questions on the OS, SAN, filesystems, security etc. I left drained, convinced that not only had I failed, but that I pitied the fool who would ever work there.

However I was called back both by the recruiter and the senior manager and agreed to meet for coffee to discuss the job further. They put my fears to rest (see below) and I've really enjoyed it.

Interview Questions
I met with two managers for coffee to cover a list of about 15 questions about the environment. My initial impressions were very wrong and my concerns quickly put to rest (I was concerned that despite a difficult commute the hours were strict, dress code quite formal, technical expectations too high).
I requested a copy of the benefits and compared to my current package - found them to be comparable.
I counter-offered with a few percent bump plus a few days off for a planned family trip, this took a week to get approved. I've been there three months, very happy.

Other Interview Reviews for Epicor Software

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Epicor Software in May 2014.

The process began with an email submission for a Montreal based job. HR contacted me within two weeks and set up a phone screening. This was composed of the typical interview questions and was very easy. This was followed up by an Interview with the Manager who I'd be working for, again this was easy. The disappointing portion was a description of duties, which is not in line with a System Administrators position (10 weeks of travel per year, wiring of new offices, and looking after a coolant plant).

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult portion of the interview was why I was declining the role.   View Answer

Salary and Duties