Epocrates

Relevance Date Difficulty

Operations Administrator Interview

Operations Administrator
San Mateo, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Epocrates in March 2009.

Interview Details – I knew sending my resume to them that I was over qualified for the position, but I thought they could use my knowledge and experience and I could use the job.

So the manager of the department I would be working in calls me and schedules a phone interview. I could tell she was new to being a manager and was most likely just recently promoted to her position. She informs me about, oh I don't know, 20 times that I'm over qualified for the position.

I finally got tired of it and said, if I was over qualified, why did you call? Why did you waste your time and my time for this interview when you could tell from my resume that I was over qualified? I said, if you really just wanted to practice interviewing techniques, then you should have said that in the first place.

I went on to tell her that I was sending this information to her CEO and hopefully they will train her better in being a manager.

Interview Question – Do you think that you would be satisfied in this position as this position is junior to what you've been doing?   View Answer

Worked for Epocrates? Contribute to the Community!