Epocrates Interview Questions in San Mateo, CA

3.1

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Epocrates (San Mateo, CA).

Interview

It started off with a coding homework that will be emailed by their HR Coordinator - no time limit. Next was a phone interview with HR. Then a face-to-face series of interviews (one BUY, one SELL, two live coding tests) that lasted half a day at their San Mateo office.

Interview Questions

• Folding numbers coding test - given a set of numbers, how will they be arranged on a stack if the set of numbers is folded in half to the left or the right.

Example: 1 2 3 4
      Folded from the left, the arrangement will now be
      2 1 (top)
      3 4 (bottom)

Folded from the right, the arrangement would have been
      4 3 (top)

Step 2:

1 Answer

Medical Informatics Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Epocrates (San Mateo, CA).

Interview

The entire process took several months. The company seems very disorganized, as a lot of things had to be re-scheduled. I wish the company would just tell me yes/no right away, but instead, I felt like I was being strung along as they were reviewing more candidates. I had to interview with many people who had no idea what my position even does, so they tend to ask me questions that seemed to be from left-field, or worse, questions from their own departments that were irrelevant. The panel of interviewers were all pretty negative about the outlook of the company, so I guess I am glad I eventually gave up on the position.

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Application

interviewed at Epocrates (San Mateo, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

A coding challenge was emailed and if successfully completed at a quality up to their standard, an on-site interview was given. The original coding challenge was supposed to be a 30 minute school campus technical interview but due to limited staffing coding challenges were sent to freshmen and sophomores instead.

Interview Questions

• Given a word (does not have to be an actual word, just a string of capital letters), return the alphabetical rank of that word out of all possible combinations of the given set of letters.   2 Answers

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Epocrates (San Mateo, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

Initially contacted by HR rep to verify resume details over the phone.
    Follow up Skype interview with Engineering Manager.
    Scheduled onsite interview in San Mateo. Had to purchase tickets but would be reimbursed. Company booked a hotel nearby. Interview was 4x 1.5hr (6 hr total) interviews, 2 coding and 2 traditional.

Interview Questions

• Paper folding coding test in any language, fold a paper with N sections either right or left
      Juggling balls coding test in any language, given pattern (5,3,1) determine if juggle able.

1 Answer

Regional Vice President Interview

Application

Interview

The interview process is really easy. As long as you sell yourself and dont get flustered by the barrage of irrelevant questions you will be fine. The interviewer is easy to control its working with him is the difficult thing

Interview Questions

Negotiation

A few days but that person is gone so there is room.

Physician Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Epocrates (San Mateo, CA).

Interview

Meet first with VP of Medical Information, Director of Medication Information (VP's right-hand woman), and head of PharmDs via multiple on-site and phone-call interviews.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not much negotiations. The team is pretty tight in terms of salary. Took a huge pay cut to leave clinical practice.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Epocrates (San Mateo, CA) in March 2011.

Interview

Phone interview highlighting experience an contacts, second interview face to face. Fast process was good.

Interview Questions

• Can you meet this number (you must undersand Epocrates before you answer)   Answer Question

Negotiation

Casual and not much back and forth.

Online Markeing Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Epocrates (San Mateo, CA) in April 2009.

Interview

Interviewed with 2 groups , one with my own team , the other was a team that I would interact with on a weekly basis

Interview Questions

Negotiation

took 2 counter offers

Operations Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Epocrates (San Mateo, CA) in March 2009.

Interview

I knew sending my resume to them that I was over qualified for the position, but I thought they could use my knowledge and experience and I could use the job.

So the manager of the department I would be working in calls me and schedules a phone interview. I could tell she was new to being a manager and was most likely just recently promoted to her position. She informs me about, oh I don't know, 20 times that I'm over qualified for the position.

I finally got tired of it and said, if I was over qualified, why did you call? Why did you waste your time and my time for this interview when you could tell from my resume that I was over qualified? I said, if you really just wanted to practice interviewing techniques, then you should have said that in the first place.

I went on to tell her that I was sending this information to her CEO and hopefully they will train her better in being a manager.

Interview Questions

• Do you think that you would be satisfied in this position as this position is junior to what you've been doing?   1 Answer