Epsilon Business Systems Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Jun 19, 2015

2.5

Anonymous Employee in Lafayette, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Epsilon (Lafayette, CO) in May 2013.

Interview

I responded to a posted ad and applied on the company web site. Their internal recruiter left a message saying he that the company urgently wanted to move forward and asking me to call him. I left two voice mails within the next 24 hours and got no response after 3 days.

Other Interview Reviews for Epsilon

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Interview

Phone interview followed by in person . Mostly looking for experience and thought process. Phone interview with hr and on site with hiring manager. Had offer by end of week, but that is unusual.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Little negotiation but I was in a role I had not previously held

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Epsilon in October 2011.

Interview

I was very underwhelmed with this company's recruitment process. 1) They post the same position multiple times in the same week, except it is a different job code because the team is different. Otherwise, the description is exactly the same. So, you have to apply to each one. I received 'no thanks' auto replies to 5 of the SAME JOB on the SAME WEEK I was contacted for one of them. 2) The recruiter called to schedule a phone interview for later in the week. Then, she completely missed the appointment and I had to track HER down. 3) Because she took the time to schedule something, I was expecting a more in-depth phone interview. Instead, I got a few rookie questions: "What position did you apply for? What is your understanding of the position? Where do you want to be in 3 years?" Are you KIDDING me? You set up a time slot for a 5 minute conversation that was clearly designed to ensure I wasn't a complete idiot? Couldn't you have done that the first time we spoke? At any rate, she said she would submit my resume, and then I never heard back. That's fine, if the reviews I read on glassdor are any indication of the company culture.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wakefield, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Epsilon (Wakefield, MA) in March 2009.

Interview

On school campus interview, followed by an on-site interview at the office. On-site comprised of three interviews with managers.

Interview Questions

• No unexpected questions. Most difficult to answer is what do you know about database marketing.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Epsilon (Boston, MA).

Interview

The process went smoothly from the moment the recruiter contacted me through orientation. The interview was primarily a personality test. Very little time was spent testing my technical knowledge, although it did include a short quiz. Be prepared to talk through your answer and explain your reasoning. Ask good questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Epsilon (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

I sent my resume to a recruiter and was told that day that I was selected to schedule a 30 minute interview on campus. The interview was with an alum from my school who graduated a few years ago and was pretty casual. I then got asked to come to the office for another interview with five different managers. There were three other students at the interview and we rotated between managers, interviewing with each one for 20 minutes each. The interviews were casual and more of a conversation than an interview. I was contacted by HR via email two weeks later and got offered the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a problem you have had when working with a team.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Epsilon (Irving, TX) in April 2012.

Interview

Pre-interview screen call with recruiter. The one site interview consisted of 4 rounds of meeting with different managers. Most wanted to discuss prior work history and what I had done. Pretty easy interview if you know the basic requirements listed on the job description.

Interview Questions

• How would you write a SQL query to pull out a specific data set   Answer Question

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Epsilon.

Interview

Met with 4 employees during the first round of interviews and then 3 employees the second round. The employees consisted of business systems analysts, senior analysts, lead analysts, and managers. Both rounds were within a week of each other. I was hired within 10 days. The process was very quick compared to other organizations.

Interview Questions

• Do you know the difference between an inner join and an outer join?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The recruiter made me an offer, which was very good for someone changing career paths. I asked if there was any wiggle room, but the recruiter said no.

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Epsilon (Irving, TX) in April 2010.

Interview

The interview started late and communication from in house staffing was only adequate. My in person interview consisted of three one hour panel interviews with different customer service groups. Each group had different qualities that they expected in a candidate as they were all focused on different customer industries. I was never instructed as to what the exact position for which I was interviewing would be, but I tried to tailor my responses to how the panel led the interview. After my screening interview and panel interviews and had to take two online skills and general knowledge tests of about 45 questions each. I have yet to hear back from the employer.

Interview Questions

• What type of manager would you not work well under?   1 Answer
    • What would you do about a team member who was not pulling their weight on a project?   Answer Question
    • What do you do (when working with an outside customer) and a delivery date cannot be met?   Answer Question

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Epsilon in February 2012.

Interview

People seemed nice enough but a long and intense work culture. Interview process took several positive steps and without any indication as to why communication stopped. After waiting 2 weeks and hearing nothing from any of the individuals I spoke with, I reached out to HR, who then promptly responded saying they chose another candidate, just that day...coincidence or CYA?