Epsilon Interview Questions

Updated Aug 16, 2015

2.7

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Epsilon.

Interview

Met with 4 employees during the first round of interviews and then 3 employees the second round. The employees consisted of business systems analysts, senior analysts, lead analysts, and managers. Both rounds were within a week of each other. I was hired within 10 days. The process was very quick compared to other organizations.

Interview Questions

• Do you know the difference between an inner join and an outer join?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The recruiter made me an offer, which was very good for someone changing career paths. I asked if there was any wiggle room, but the recruiter said no.

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Epsilon (Boston, MA).

Interview

The process went smoothly from the moment the recruiter contacted me through orientation. The interview was primarily a personality test. Very little time was spent testing my technical knowledge, although it did include a short quiz. Be prepared to talk through your answer and explain your reasoning. Ask good questions.

Systems Administrator Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Epsilon in March 2015.

Interview

Applied through University page. First interview on University campus with just behavioral questions. Got back to me a month later for an on-site interview. On site took about an hour and we're just questions about what I enjoy doing and my projects. Called me the next day to offer me the internship.

Interview Questions

Too far from where I lived

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Epsilon (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

I sent my resume to a recruiter and was told that day that I was selected to schedule a 30 minute interview on campus. The interview was with an alum from my school who graduated a few years ago and was pretty casual. I then got asked to come to the office for another interview with five different managers. There were three other students at the interview and we rotated between managers, interviewing with each one for 20 minutes each. The interviews were casual and more of a conversation than an interview. I was contacted by HR via email two weeks later and got offered the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a problem you have had when working with a team.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Interview

Phone interview followed by in person . Mostly looking for experience and thought process. Phone interview with hr and on site with hiring manager. Had offer by end of week, but that is unusual.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Little negotiation but I was in a role I had not previously held

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Epsilon.

Interview

Short hiring process, accepted the job as a temp for 3 months before going full time. Everyone goes through a background check before getting hired. I really enjoy my senior management. Been there for over a year now.

Negotiation

I was given more than I asked for salary-wise as a consultant and then the "bonus" was taken away when I became a full-time employee... that was pretty crummy.

Lead BSA Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Epsilon.

Interview

in person interview with about 15 people from few different groups then online technical test to make sure my skill set matched with what they needed. some group came late so asked same question again. the process was good and respond was quick.

Interview Questions

• none really - it was very standard question. but definitely they asked me "Tell me about yourself" in person interview with about 15 people from few different groups then online technical test to make sure my skill set matched with what they needed   Answer Question

Analytics Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Epsilon.

Interview

Found the job online. From resume submission, the interview process was about 6 weeks. There was a phone screen and in-person interview. Very basic questions that centered on personality and work ethic.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None. I was given the salary and I accepted.

Developer Interview

Interview

If you have a heart beat your hired! They put little effort into the hiring process which is probably because they don't want you see through the smokey mirror.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I stalled on accepting the offer so they up the offer.

Senior Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Epsilon (Chicago, IL) in November 2014.

Interview

Job was posted on LinkedIn October 20. I applied via LinkedIn on November 2. On November 11 I received an email from an Epsilon HR recruiter with some further questions. I emailed her some short answers and scheduled a phone call to go a bit further in depth. The next day, I spoke on the phone with the recruiter and did an initial phone screen. November 13 a second recruiter emailed me with direction from the first to schedule an in-person interview for me. I sent a "Thank you" note to the first recruiter that day. November 17 I met with the hiring manager for around an hour. Sent a "thank you" note to her that afternoon. November 18 I got an email from the second recruiter to schedule a second in-person interview to meet with the first recruiter and the Senior VP of client services. November 24 I met with the SVP for an hour as well. The first recruiter requested 3 business references that day. All three of them received a call that day. I received an email late that night to follow up from my meeting with the SVP. On November 25, I answered a call from the first recruiter with a job offer. Both people from the HR department were very friendly and informative. They were always open to my questions and were clear in answering them. They always were in a good mood. The hiring manager was very direct and clear in her questions, but that comes from knowing what she was looking for, and knowing what she wanted for this position. The SVP was also very knowledgable, and forthcoming about the needs for the department.

Interview Questions

• What did you like least about your last position?   1 Answer
    • What would your previous managers say about you?   1 Answer

Negotiation

In my first phone screen I was asked my salary requirements. I gave a range. The verbal offer given was at the top of my original requirements. I did some further research and found the national average was a bit higher than I had suggested, and asked if they could come in closer to that, I'd sign it right away. HR spoke with the hiring manager, they accepted my counter-offer, and HR emailed me back with the new higher offer.