Epsilon

Average Difficulty
74 candidate interviews

Technical Interview

Technical

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Epsilon in September 2009.

Interview Details – The HR recruiter I talked to was very friendly and forthcoming. I had a phone interview with the hiring manager and then a face-to-face with that manager and some of the team. The thing I found the most disappointing is I NEVER heard back from them. I didn't receive and email or phone call telling me that I didn't get the position.

Interview Question – What was the most disappointing project you worked on and why.   Answer Question

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Senior Business Analyst

I applied online and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Epsilon in October 2009.

Interview Details – Phone Interview with Department Manager,
Several 1:1 Interviews with Senior VP of Operations and Sr. VP of Development, 1:! with project manager, 1:1 with traning manager, !;! with relationship manager, and 1:1 with Department Manager

Interview Question – What do you bring to Epsilon?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Negotiate Salary, and benefits. Don't undervalue your experience or skills.

Developer Interview

Developer
Wakefield, MA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Epsilon in March 2010.

Interview Details – the interview was the most disorganized one that I have ever experienced. I was scheduled to meet with about 8 people. The vice-president forgot about the interview. He showed up 30 min late. At this point I was talking to HR. He poked his head into the office , acknolwedged that he was late. I never saw him again.
Another person I was scheduled to meet with never showed. I was left sitting in the interview room alone for 30 min. The last person scheduled told me that I could leave if no one else showed up. Of course, no one showed & I let myself out.

the interview consisted entirely of technical questions & drawing code on a white board. They did not try to talk much about the opportunity or company. I asked questions & received short answers. People were not very friendly. They gave a very poor first impression.

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Business Systems Analyst
Irving, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Epsilon in April 2010.

Interview Details – The interview started late and communication from in house staffing was only adequate. My in person interview consisted of three one hour panel interviews with different customer service groups. Each group had different qualities that they expected in a candidate as they were all focused on different customer industries. I was never instructed as to what the exact position for which I was interviewing would be, but I tried to tailor my responses to how the panel led the interview.

After my screening interview and panel interviews and had to take two online skills and general knowledge tests of about 45 questions each. I have yet to hear back from the employer.

Interview Questions

• What type of manager would you not work well under?   View Answer
  • What would you do about a team member who was not pulling their weight on a project?   Answer Question
  • What do you do (when working with an outside customer) and a delivery date cannot be met?   Answer Question

Creative Interview

Creative
Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Epsilon in February 2010.

Interview Details – After several months while the company did other things I was given the laundry list of questions that seemed to be provided to the interviewer. It was the basic "where do you see yourself" and "what's your biggest fault" type. He didn't have a lot of answers for my questions on clients and work structure.

Interview Question – All were easy.   Answer Question

BSA Interview

BSA
Wakefield, MA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Epsilon in January 2010.

Interview Details – intervierw process was not bad. most people who interviewed me were behavioral. one guy was doing a problem solving thing about how can you tell a refrigeratior light is out. i was not excited about that but o well.

Interview Question – how do you know a fridge light is out?   View Answers (3)

Corporate Trainer Interview

Corporate Trainer

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Epsilon in May 2011.

Interview Details – My phone interview was great - the recruiter I first spoke with really sold the company. My face to face interview consisted of presenting in front of the team, and it was very easy to see how they valued each other's opinions and wanted to find the right 'fit' for their group.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which you didn't get along with someone or had a disagreement in the office.   Answer Question
  • What books have you read recently.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Yes, I was able to negotiate. I had another offer pending and Epsilon worked hard and fast to ensure I got a timely offer from them so I could make the best decision for myself.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Epsilon in September 2011.

Interview Details – Other than the phone screening and the interview, all communication was done through the recruiter. The initial process went very quickly. There was a 30 minute phone screening with 4 individuals. Then I was asked into the office where I met with 2 individuals for over an hour. The discussion began with an overview of the company and the specific role by Epsilon, and then we got into a technical discussion. I felt very comfortable. We were in a small conference room and I saw nothing of the facilities. They seemed to be fairly cautious as to saying who their clients were.
They discussed the juggling of multiple projects/tasks, and a need to sometimes handle crunches to get work done. I'm used to this, so long as it's not a continual issue and there is some reality to the project schedules.
The actual receiving of the job offer and starting of the background check seemed to take at least a couple of weeks. It's a little disconcerting because I wonder about the bureaucracy, but being cautious is good as well.

Interview Question – I was asked about experience working on multiple projects at one time, and if I could discuss a particular experience where there was a right schedule and how it was handled.   Answer Question

Senior Account Executive Interview

Senior Account Executive
Cincinnati, OH

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Epsilon in August 2011.

Interview Details – I applied online and listed an employee referral. The very next day a recruiter called for a brief phone interview. Within the initial call with the recruiter, a second phone interview was scheduled for the next day with the hiring manager. Within 1-2 days of my phone interview with the hiring manager, the recruiter called me back to go in for 2 back-to-back in person interviews. I was invited back the very next day to meet with 2 additional employees that would be pier-level. All interviews were pretty casual talking about my work experience - very friendly and conversational. They ended up going with another candidate, but were very professional and asked to keep in touch for future openings. I enjoyed learning more about the company- although it did not have the outcome I was hoping for (a job offer), I was impressed with the speed and professionalism of the process.

Interview Question – Why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Database Developer Interview

Database Developer

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Epsilon in May 2011.

Interview Details – I applied online and was called for a phone screening by an in house recruiter. From that point an interview was scheduled. I first had a one on one interview with the boss, followed by a interview with two additional members of the team.

Interview Question – SQL experience and database technology experience.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Epsilon

Worked for Epsilon? Contribute to the Community!

Epsilon Videos

Epsilon – Why Work for Us?

Epsilon is the global leader in delivering meaningful direct to- consumer connections that drive performance. Focused on customer management and customer engagement, Epsilon delivers end-to-end solutions to fit the… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Epsilon interview questions and advice. All 74 interview reviews posted anonymously by Epsilon employees and interview candidates.