Epsilon Interview Questions

Updated Aug 16, 2015

2.8

Vice President of Data Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lafayette, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Epsilon (Lafayette, CO) in May 2012.

Interview

After a phone screen, there was hybrid interview of many leaders there - get a good variety of questions. Also interviewed all team members - they try to assess fit skills-wise as well as personality.

Lead BSA Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Epsilon.

Interview

in person interview with about 15 people from few different groups then online technical test to make sure my skill set matched with what they needed. some group came late so asked same question again. the process was good and respond was quick.

Interview Questions

• none really - it was very standard question. but definitely they asked me "Tell me about yourself" in person interview with about 15 people from few different groups then online technical test to make sure my skill set matched with what they needed   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Epsilon.

Interview

The interview process was unclear. Based on initial conversation with the recruiter, it included some phone interviews and an in person in the office with the team I would potentially work with. However, it was haphazard and seemed like they added a presentation request at the last minute. After four phone interviews including two client services SVP and two with a Sr. Strategy Director (who requested the presentation for the second phone meeting, it seemed on a whim), the process went dead. This does not include the recruiter screening. No explanation was given of how they decided I was not a fit etc. The presentation received positive feedback and they indicated they would invite me in for an in person meeting in the local office. But there was never any response after that. This proved that they weren't the right company for me. They lacked transparency and basic professional courtesy, in my opinion.

Interview Questions

• Last minute request for a presentation to be turned around in 3 days. Question unrelated to the posted role and expected responsibilities.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Epsilon.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter for the position, and submitted my resume. I received a response several weeks later and scheduled a phone interview. I was asked mostly specific technical questions related to the role, not all of which I was prepared for. I did not think the phone interview went well, but they requested an in-person follow up with the same person I interviewed with over the phone. The person cancelled twice due "emergencies" but I eventually made my way into the offices. I got the impression from the interview the staff were overworked and not exactly happy in their roles. They were in the middle of some organization changes and they were facing a lot of challenges between key departments. The interviewer confessed they've been trying to fill the position for some time. The offices were your standard corporate environment, with cubicles and a lot of beige. The staff were middle aged and very bored looking. I would not recommend this company to a young, ambitious person looking to grow in the email industry.

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking for a job? What is deliverability code ###? What would you do if you were faced with x position?   Answer Question

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Epsilon.

Interview

Met with 4 employees during the first round of interviews and then 3 employees the second round. The employees consisted of business systems analysts, senior analysts, lead analysts, and managers. Both rounds were within a week of each other. I was hired within 10 days. The process was very quick compared to other organizations.

Interview Questions

• Do you know the difference between an inner join and an outer join?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The recruiter made me an offer, which was very good for someone changing career paths. I asked if there was any wiggle room, but the recruiter said no.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Epsilon.

Interview

Interviewer was very friendly and welcoming. I thought it was going well-the questions mostly involved behavioral situations and my resume- but after the interview, they never sent any rejection letter, which was really annoying.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too unexpected. Just be prepared to explain your experiences working with data in general, in classes or internships. Ultimately, I think I didn't have enough of the type of experience they wanted.   Answer Question

Database Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Epsilon (Boston, MA) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied for the interview online .I got the call from the HR in a week for the phone screening .Then HR first described me about the company and asked me If i know anything about the company.Then asked me everything based on my resume and why I want to work in Epsilon?

Interview Questions

• Asked me questions based on my resume .Then asked me why are you interested to work in Epsilon ?   1 Answer

Product Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Epsilon (Boston, MA) in February 2015.

Interview

Behavioral; conversational; people were very nice. Interview process was straightforward and quick. Applied online through university, only had to submit resume; no cover letter. Contacted after resume was reviewed for an on campus interview with our campus recruiter and I was able to meet with her in the next week. Interview was thirty minutes and was average in difficulty. Haven't heard back since interview and it has been a month.

Interview Questions

• Have you changed since high school? Greatest strengths?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Epsilon.

Interview

One on campus interview after career fair at university. Offered more interviews than they had time slots to interview, so not everyone got to interview, first come, first served. Even after an email saying it would be a few weeks, it was a very long wait to hear back, over a month.

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Epsilon (Dallas, TX) in January 2014.

Interview

New Grad Program -- 2 rounds of interviews, 1 phone, 1 in person. For new grads, it was less about technical skills you already posses, and more about your ability to learn technology quickly, multitask, manage conflicting deadlines, and interact in a professional manner (BSAs interact with clients). They gave me a good overview of a complicated business model as well, appreciated that it was also then selling the company to me, alongside me selling myself to the company.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience with SQL or any programming language?   1 Answer