Epsilon Interview Questions

Updated Apr 14, 2015
Updated Apr 14, 2015

2.7

Senior Strategy Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Epsilon.

Interview

The interview process was unclear. Based on initial conversation with the recruiter, it included some phone interviews and an in person in the office with the team I would potentially work with. However, it was haphazard and seemed like they added a presentation request at the last minute.

After four phone interviews including two client services SVP and two with a Sr. Strategy Director (who requested the presentation for the second phone meeting, it seemed on a whim), the process went dead. This does not include the recruiter screening. No explanation was given of how they decided I was not a fit etc. The presentation received positive feedback and they indicated they would invite me in for an in person meeting in the local office. But there was never any response after that. This proved that they weren't the right company for me. They lacked transparency and basic professional courtesy, in my opinion.

Interview Questions

• Last minute request for a presentation to be turned around in 3 days.
      Question unrelated to the posted role and expected responsibilities.

1 Answer

Senior Business Systems Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Epsilon (Irving, TX) in June 2014.

Interview

Most terrible recruitment experience. If the HR department reflects the company, I am definitely going to a company that does not value my time.

I was contacted by email by HR and then the recruiter I was assigned to did not reach out. A week later I was sent a follow up email and I said I had not heard from the recruiter. Recruiter called at 8am on a Monday and I called within 5 minutes later and no response. On that Friday, I called again to follow up and he said my resume looked good and he was asking a team if they wanted to interview me. A week went by and no call, so I called him again and he said they were interested and they wanted to schedule an interview. There was no qualifying or interviewing from HR. So far I have called to follow up each time- the HR recruiter did not call me.

I had an additional interview set up with another team as well for that day through a networked contact.

I received an email with no instructions just an address. I responded to the email and asked for more instructions and for details about who I was meeting with and I received no response.

When I got on site- it took over 30 minutes to find the recruiter. I'll mention that they were moving offices, but this is not a valid excuse and here's why. I called his office number, cell number and emailed him and let him know I was there. When he did show up- I asked him where we needed to go and who we were meeting with. He said he didn't know and we needed to go to his desk to find out where and who. Luckily, the interviewer called my cell directly since it appeared I was late. Interviewer was able to give me directions to the meeting room. After the meeting, I asked where my second interview was and there were no details communicated.

I tracked down the recruiter again by calling and emailing and no response. I saw him hanging out with friends in the lobby and I walked over to him and asked where my second interview was. Again, he said he said he did not know. He went up to his desk and 20 minutes later, came down and said "Oh looks like they are out of town. If they want to talk to you we will get you out here again."

I have not heard from the recruiter and I have no interest in pursuing this opportunity.

Interview Questions

• Nothing very difficult, thought it was odd that when I asked questions the interview said "Oh I didn't know you were going to ask questions."   Answer Question

Database Administrator Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Epsilon (Irving, TX).

Interview

Recruiter called and kept calling. Finally I agreed to interview. Phone interview was simple. In person interview had very few applicable technical questions. Basic knowledge of Oracle is all that was required.

Interview Questions

• Director Fellow asked questions that seemed vague and badly formed. Difficult to tell what he was really even asking.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Be sure to negotiate your bonus. Most people do not get bonuses. Be sure to negotiate a good signing bonus (at least 15K) AS WELL AS a good annual bonus (at least 10%)

BSA Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Epsilon (Wakefield, MA).

Interview

Phone interview with HR, in-person interview with 3 people. Everyone was very nice and the interview went well. Contacted by the same HR person in a couple of days who said that the interview went well and they will be reaching out with in offer within a couple of days. I contacted her in a few days as a follow-up and because I had 2 other offers on my hands, but never heard from them again. Can't believe how unprofessional the HR department is. If you changed your mind and decided not to make an offer, or even if they didn't like me following up - an email notifying me they won't be extending an offer would be nice.

Associate Business Systems Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Epsilon (Wakefield, MA) in April 2014.

Interview

I was initially recruited through my school and had a short conversation with someone from HR. It was super relaxed and, as this was one of my first interviews ever, I was put completely at ease. I moved on to the second and final round interview where they invited me and 4 other candidates on site. We had a short 20 minute discussion with two current employees and then moved on to 5-30 minute interviews with employees in various departments. All in all, it was a very comfortable interview process -- no trick questions, and it was very informative. At this point, I actually did not receive an offer. However, I had established a good relationship with my first recruiter who then pointed me in the direction of a position that had opened up in another department. From here I came in for an on-site interview where I met with the two people who would be my supervisors. Again, they were very informative discussions about the position, expectations, and my qualifications - nothing unexpected. There were no case studies and they were mostly behavioral questions with some superficial questions about my comfort with different programs. They gave me a really strict deadline of 9 days to accept/decline the offer, which forced me to speed through some of the other interviews I was going through around that time (in retrospect, this actually helped my job prospects, because other companies started taking me a little more seriously).

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to go to business school? I had never actually thought about the specifics, so be sure to be able to explain your short-term and long-term career goals.   Answer Question

I received a number of offers that paid a substantial amount more. The other companies also offered opportunities that were more in line with my long term career goals.

QA Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Epsilon (Irving, TX) in April 2014.

Interview

In person, face to face interview

Analytic Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Epsilon in March 2014.

Interview

I applied the job through Linkedin. A recruiter contacted me after one week. He asked me typical HR questions, like why looking for new job, skills, expectation of the position, current salary. Since my current salary is much higher than the salary they offered, he suggested me decline this job. Also, one online SAS test needs to be done before moving forward.

Summer Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Epsilon (Chicago, IL) in February 2014.

Interview

Interview was very laid back. Mostly behavioral questions. They asked what I was looking to get out of their summer internship program and why I wanted to work with them. I talked to the campus recruiter who passed my materials along to the office of my choice.

Interview Questions

• She had my resume in front of her and asked me questions based on that.   Answer Question

Negotiation

**I am still in the interview process.

Intern Interview

Application

interviewed at Epsilon (Irving, TX) in February 2014.

Interview

Applied through school. Got an email for an interview a week later. Behavioral questions first round, technical the next. Both had two recruiters and me. General questions like "what was something ou overcame" or "what are your weaknesses/strengths"

Interview Questions

• I don't remember any single question being particularly dfficult   Answer Question

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Epsilon (Dallas, TX) in January 2014.

Interview

New Grad Program -- 2 rounds of interviews, 1 phone, 1 in person. For new grads, it was less about technical skills you already posses, and more about your ability to learn technology quickly, multitask, manage conflicting deadlines, and interact in a professional manner (BSAs interact with clients). They gave me a good overview of a complicated business model as well, appreciated that it was also then selling the company to me, alongside me selling myself to the company.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience with SQL or any programming language?   1 Answer