Epsilon Interview Questions

Updated Jul 28, 2015

2.8

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Epsilon in September 2011.

Interview

Other than the phone screening and the interview, all communication was done through the recruiter. The initial process went very quickly. There was a 30 minute phone screening with 4 individuals. Then I was asked into the office where I met with 2 individuals for over an hour. The discussion began with an overview of the company and the specific role by Epsilon, and then we got into a technical discussion. I felt very comfortable. We were in a small conference room and I saw nothing of the facilities. They seemed to be fairly cautious as to saying who their clients were. They discussed the juggling of multiple projects/tasks, and a need to sometimes handle crunches to get work done. I'm used to this, so long as it's not a continual issue and there is some reality to the project schedules. The actual receiving of the job offer and starting of the background check seemed to take at least a couple of weeks. It's a little disconcerting because I wonder about the bureaucracy, but being cautious is good as well.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about experience working on multiple projects at one time, and if I could discuss a particular experience where there was a right schedule and how it was handled.   Answer Question

Associate Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Epsilon (Dallas, TX) in October 2012.

Interview

One on campus interview with 2 employees at the same time. One interview at HQ with 5 employees, one person at a time. very easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none

Quality Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Epsilon (Boston, MA) in May 2012.

Interview

technical interview and hr interview

Senior Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Epsilon (Irving, TX) in September 2009.

Interview

The hiring process in general seems to take a long time. Most interviews are with more than one person. There are many departments and interviewees may meet with more than one. Some departments need this position to be mor technical than others, but they don't always revise the posted job descripton. This company misses out on hiring good people because the process is slow.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There's not much to negotiate on.

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wakefield, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Epsilon (Wakefield, MA) in March 2009.

Interview

On school campus interview, followed by an on-site interview at the office. On-site comprised of three interviews with managers.

Interview Questions

• No unexpected questions. Most difficult to answer is what do you know about database marketing.   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Epsilon (Boston, MA) in March 2013.

Interview

HR asked basically went through the resume. Asked me my responsibilities about my past job. Asked me question about experience dealing with large data sets, what's the most challenging one and how to deal with it. How comfortable I'm with SAS programming. Describe my expectation about this job position, about the company. Also, describe the career goal. Then asked about the salary expectation, location reference. There's no technical questions, just basic information questions, and behavior questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe the most challenging problem when you are using SAS.   Answer Question

Staff Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Epsilon.

Interview

My interview experience was positive. They were very effective and nice!

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Epsilon (Palo Alto, CA).

Interview

I came highly recommended, and the hiring manager was new and not all that technical, so it was a breeze.

Negotiation

About the same as previous salary, but much better benefits.

BSA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wakefield, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Epsilon (Wakefield, MA) in November 2009.

Interview

First round phone interview, then on site interview in Wakefield, MA. Had 4 behavioral type/ company fit type of interviews

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not much to negotiation in 2008 when the job market was crashing

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Epsilon.

Interview

The hiring process was fairly simple for the most part. A phone screen was initially scheduled with HR to cover off of the basics...job role, experience, salary requirements. Then two face to face interviews were scheduled with the hiring manager and client team manager. The whole interview took under an hour. Both interviewers were definitely more interested in making a personal connection/seeing if I was a "right fit" vs. a behavioral interview. Questions were very simple and straightforward, and applicable to my past experience and relatable to the position being offered.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a difficult project you managed and explain 1) why it was difficult and 2) how you handled the situation and what was the result?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was only able to negotiate a couple additional thousands dollars. I was informed that I was at the max of the salary range. In retrospect, I wish I had negotiated more as I was given a promotion with no salary increase.