Epsilon Interview Questions

Updated Jun 19, 2015

2.7

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

interviewed at Epsilon (Irving, TX) in February 2014.

Interview

Applied through school. Got an email for an interview a week later. Behavioral questions first round, technical the next. Both had two recruiters and me. General questions like "what was something ou overcame" or "what are your weaknesses/strengths"

Interview Questions

• I don't remember any single question being particularly dfficult   Answer Question

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Epsilon (Dallas, TX) in January 2014.

Interview

New Grad Program -- 2 rounds of interviews, 1 phone, 1 in person. For new grads, it was less about technical skills you already posses, and more about your ability to learn technology quickly, multitask, manage conflicting deadlines, and interact in a professional manner (BSAs interact with clients). They gave me a good overview of a complicated business model as well, appreciated that it was also then selling the company to me, alongside me selling myself to the company.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience with SQL or any programming language?   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Epsilon.

Interview

The hiring process was fairly simple for the most part. A phone screen was initially scheduled with HR to cover off of the basics...job role, experience, salary requirements. Then two face to face interviews were scheduled with the hiring manager and client team manager. The whole interview took under an hour. Both interviewers were definitely more interested in making a personal connection/seeing if I was a "right fit" vs. a behavioral interview. Questions were very simple and straightforward, and applicable to my past experience and relatable to the position being offered.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a difficult project you managed and explain 1) why it was difficult and 2) how you handled the situation and what was the result?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was only able to negotiate a couple additional thousands dollars. I was informed that I was at the max of the salary range. In retrospect, I wish I had negotiated more as I was given a promotion with no salary increase.

Staff Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Epsilon.

Interview

My interview experience was positive. They were very effective and nice!

Associate Business Systems Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Epsilon.

Interview

Interviewers were very friendly. I liked that I was interviewed by several people. I learned more about the company/role in my interview and was asked why I thought I would fit in at Epsilon. Interview seemed relaxed, similar to just having a conversation with interviewer. I would recommend taking an interview with Epsilon.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Epsilon.

Interview

2 phone interviews, 2 in person interviews

Interview Questions

• All questions were pretty standard interview questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Wakefield, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Epsilon (Wakefield, MA) in November 2013.

Interview

The process started with an on campus interview with one mid-level manager, this was very straight forward, typical behavioral stuff. I was then contacted by a recruiter who scheduled me to come in to their Wakefield office for four 20 minute interviews. My interviews occurred simultaneously with the interviews for three other candidates. We first met with two current BSAs who went over their experiences and the different types of BSA roles at Epsilon. myself and the other interviewees were then split into four different rooms. The interviewers went from room to room, spending 20 minutes with each of us. The interviewers ranged from senior managers to a VP. The questions were still mostly behavioral, but there was a bit of technical question, such as my experience with developing and SQL. The were mostly interested in my experience with teams, how I tackle a problem etc.
    After the interview i heard back from the recruiter a couple of weeks later with an offer.

Interview Questions

• What type of BSA better suites your interests? Don't worry they explain the differences before hand.   Answer Question

I had another offer for a little bit more money in a different field that i found more interesting.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wakefield, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Epsilon (Wakefield, MA) in November 2013.

Interview

I first applied through campus recruiting. I then had an interview on campus. This first interview asked me about my experience with SQL, but mostly behavioral.

I was emailed a few days later saying I made it to the second round of interviewing. I then went to the Wakefield office where I interviewed with five hiring managers. The questions were mainly behavioral.

Interview Questions

• Know information about current or past internships, I spoke heavily about these during the interview.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wakefield, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Epsilon (Wakefield, MA) in November 2013.

Interview

Got into the interview process through a referral, this is how Epsilon prefers to find new hires. First interview was over the phone with an HR rep and it consisted on basic behavioral questions to see if personalities matched. Second interview was an office visit. It consisted of 4 "mini" interviews with managers from different teams who were interviewing for their teams specifically. Questions revolved around whether or not I understood direct marketing, database operations, and Epsilon's history (acquisitions through Alliance Data). Each interviewer had their own personality and questions varied by the their portfolio (Internal, Pharma, Banking, etc.). After about a week, I received an email/call from the HR recruiter who conducted my first phone interview to explain my offer. Offer was standard and competitive in terms of salary and I had about 2 weeks to either accept or decline. Between accepting my offer and my start date (about 1.5 months) I was switched between teams and was not given a reason why.

Interview Questions

• The company will teach you a lot, but experience in marketing (understanding concepts), direct marketing (understanding how it differs that "Mad Men" marketing), and database management will determine which team your put on. Hardest question to answer was "Do you understand Epsilon's business model" which is still tough to answer due to all the recent acquisitions and growth (through Alliance Data) Epsilon is experiencing.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I had other offers that subsidized a low salary with relocation compensation. Epsilon offered a higher/more competitive salary but was unable to compensate for relocation (Indiana to Boston).

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Epsilon (Palo Alto, CA).

Interview

I came highly recommended, and the hiring manager was new and not all that technical, so it was a breeze.

Negotiation

About the same as previous salary, but much better benefits.