Epsilon

2.7

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Epsilon in April 2010.

The interview started late and communication from in house staffing was only adequate. My in person interview consisted of three one hour panel interviews with different customer service groups. Each group had different qualities that they expected in a candidate as they were all focused on different customer industries. I was never instructed as to what the exact position for which I was interviewing would be, but I tried to tailor my responses to how the panel led the interview.

After my screening interview and panel interviews and had to take two online skills and general knowledge tests of about 45 questions each. I have yet to hear back from the employer.

Interview Questions
    • What type of manager would you not work well under?   View Answer
    • What would you do about a team member who was not pulling their weight on a project?   Answer Question
    • What do you do (when working with an outside customer) and a delivery date cannot be met?   Answer Question

Creative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Epsilon in February 2010.

After several months while the company did other things I was given the laundry list of questions that seemed to be provided to the interviewer. It was the basic "where do you see yourself" and "what's your biggest fault" type. He didn't have a lot of answers for my questions on clients and work structure.

BSA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wakefield, MA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Epsilon in January 2010.

intervierw process was not bad. most people who interviewed me were behavioral. one guy was doing a problem solving thing about how can you tell a refrigeratior light is out. i was not excited about that but o well.

Corporate Trainer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Epsilon in May 2011.

My phone interview was great - the recruiter I first spoke with really sold the company. My face to face interview consisted of presenting in front of the team, and it was very easy to see how they valued each other's opinions and wanted to find the right 'fit' for their group.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation in which you didn't get along with someone or had a disagreement in the office.   Answer Question
    • What books have you read recently.   View Answer
    Yes, I was able to negotiate. I had another offer pending and Epsilon worked hard and fast to ensure I got a timely offer from them so I could make the best decision for myself.

Senior Database Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wakefield, MA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Epsilon in April 2013.

Four people interviewed me, and they ask questions about my resume and SQL, PL/SQL, which is not difficult. The people are very nice, they will gently point out your mistakes, and let yourself correct them.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wakefield, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Epsilon.

The on-campus interview is a 2:1 interview - all behavioral based questions. If you have technical skills on your resume, be prepared to talk about them. The second round interview in the office was long - you meet 5 managers for 20 minutes each. They take about 2 weeks to get back to you with an answer.

Interview Questions
    • I had SQL on my resume, so they asked me to talk about the extent of my SQL experience.   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate.

Associate Business Systems Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Epsilon.

Applied through university's career website (after meeting reps at career fair) and was contacted for a first round interview. There were supposed to be two interviewers but one happened to have a call at the same time as my interview so I only had to deal with one person (this felt like they weren't putting importance on my interview and may have been a disadvantage). The interview was behavioural-based and relatively conversational and interviewer attempted to make it comfortable but seemed very forced.

Interview Questions
    • How would you deal with two managers giving high priority assignments with the same deadline and you can only feasibly accomplish one of the assignments?   View Answers (2)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wakefield, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Epsilon in November 2012.

I had a quick phone screening followed by two rounds of interview. The phone screening was pretty much information about the company and HR gauging my interest. First round I interviewed with 5 people. Second round I interviewed with 4. Everyone was really friendly and asked the usual behavioral interview questions.

Interview Questions
    • When considering Campaign vs Project-type BSA's- which type of Associate BSA role would you prefer and why?   Answer Question

Senior QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wakefield, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Epsilon in September 2013.

I was submitted for this by a recruiter. I was then approached by an internal recruiter from Epsilon. Seems the internal recruiter was trying to approach me directly to cut out the recruiter who had submitted me.

Quick phone screen with internal recruiter and then a phone screen with the hiring manager was arranged. The hiring manager called me around 10 or 15 minutes late. It was a release data and the manager was very busy. A few quick questions on my experience and that was it. Phone screen lasted less than 5 minutes. I did not expect to hear anything back. Next day I was contacted by the internal recruiter and told an in-person interview was going to be arranged.

I interview in-person with 4 people. The hiring manager, a development engineer, a QA engineer and the technology lead.

Hiring manager went over the basics of their system and then got into a fair amount of detail on my previous job experience. I worked for a SSL, encryption and code signing vendor. The hiring manager was obviously not technical and could not understand what I had been doing. They got hung up in the mechanics of SSL and I spent far to much time trying to explain to them how SSL and encryption works.

Interview with development engineer was casual with no issues. A few questions on GUI development and that was about it.

QA engineer asked extensive questions about my work with Selenium WebDriver and then a lot of questions on Selenium Grid. As I had no experience with Selenium Grid I was not able to answer some of the questions and this seemed to upset the interviewer. He concluded by asking me some Java questions on Interfaces, multiple inheritance and the difference between static objects and singletons.

The director of technology asked no questions on technology but instead focused on what I wanted in a job, what kind of work environment I liked and other questions like that. It was obvious he was trying to see if I would be a good fit for the team.

I left the interview with the feeling the QA Engineer would not approve of me. I also left with a lot of questions as to if I wanted to even work for Epsilon.

Epsilon never got back to me with any kind of feedback. I was left hanging. Repeated attempts to contact the internal recruiter from Epsilon were ignored. My emails and phone messages were not answered or returned.

Interview Questions
    • I was question extensively on Selenium Grid even though I had no experience with it and freely admitted that.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Epsilon.

2 phone interviews, 2 in person interviews

Interview Questions
    • All questions were pretty standard interview questions   Answer Question