Epsilon

Updated Feb 13, 2015
Updated Feb 13, 2015

2.7

Deliverability Specialist Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Epsilon.

I was contacted by a recruiter for the position, and submitted my resume. I received a response several weeks later and scheduled a phone interview. I was asked mostly specific technical questions related to the role, not all of which I was prepared for. I did not think the phone interview went well, but they requested an in-person follow up with the same person I interviewed with over the phone. The person cancelled twice due "emergencies" but I eventually made my way into the offices. I got the impression from the interview the staff were overworked and not exactly happy in their roles. They were in the middle of some organization changes and they were facing a lot of challenges between key departments. The interviewer confessed they've been trying to fill the position for some time.

The offices were your standard corporate environment, with cubicles and a lot of beige. The staff were middle aged and very bored looking. I would not recommend this company to a young, ambitious person looking to grow in the email industry.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you looking for a job? What is deliverability code ###? What would you do if you were faced with x position?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Epsilon.

It was a career fair at college. They told me to apply online which i did. About a week later received an email saying the position has been filled with better candidates.

Senior QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wakefield, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Epsilon in September 2013.

I was submitted for this by a recruiter. I was then approached by an internal recruiter from Epsilon. Seems the internal recruiter was trying to approach me directly to cut out the recruiter who had submitted me.

Quick phone screen with internal recruiter and then a phone screen with the hiring manager was arranged. The hiring manager called me around 10 or 15 minutes late. It was a release data and the manager was very busy. A few quick questions on my experience and that was it. Phone screen lasted less than 5 minutes. I did not expect to hear anything back. Next day I was contacted by the internal recruiter and told an in-person interview was going to be arranged.

I interview in-person with 4 people. The hiring manager, a development engineer, a QA engineer and the technology lead.

Hiring manager went over the basics of their system and then got into a fair amount of detail on my previous job experience. I worked for a SSL, encryption and code signing vendor. The hiring manager was obviously not technical and could not understand what I had been doing. They got hung up in the mechanics of SSL and I spent far to much time trying to explain to them how SSL and encryption works.

Interview with development engineer was casual with no issues. A few questions on GUI development and that was about it.

QA engineer asked extensive questions about my work with Selenium WebDriver and then a lot of questions on Selenium Grid. As I had no experience with Selenium Grid I was not able to answer some of the questions and this seemed to upset the interviewer. He concluded by asking me some Java questions on Interfaces, multiple inheritance and the difference between static objects and singletons.

The director of technology asked no questions on technology but instead focused on what I wanted in a job, what kind of work environment I liked and other questions like that. It was obvious he was trying to see if I would be a good fit for the team.

I left the interview with the feeling the QA Engineer would not approve of me. I also left with a lot of questions as to if I wanted to even work for Epsilon.

Epsilon never got back to me with any kind of feedback. I was left hanging. Repeated attempts to contact the internal recruiter from Epsilon were ignored. My emails and phone messages were not answered or returned.

Interview Questions
    • I was question extensively on Selenium Grid even though I had no experience with it and freely admitted that.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wakefield, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Epsilon.

The on-campus interview is a 2:1 interview - all behavioral based questions. If you have technical skills on your resume, be prepared to talk about them. The second round interview in the office was long - you meet 5 managers for 20 minutes each. They take about 2 weeks to get back to you with an answer.

Interview Questions
    • I had SQL on my resume, so they asked me to talk about the extent of my SQL experience.   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate.

Associate Business Systems Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Epsilon.

Applied through university's career website (after meeting reps at career fair) and was contacted for a first round interview. There were supposed to be two interviewers but one happened to have a call at the same time as my interview so I only had to deal with one person (this felt like they weren't putting importance on my interview and may have been a disadvantage). The interview was behavioural-based and relatively conversational and interviewer attempted to make it comfortable but seemed very forced.

Interview Questions
    • How would you deal with two managers giving high priority assignments with the same deadline and you can only feasibly accomplish one of the assignments?   View Answers (2)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wakefield, MA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Epsilon in November 2012.

I had a quick phone screening followed by two rounds of interview. The phone screening was pretty much information about the company and HR gauging my interest. First round I interviewed with 5 people. Second round I interviewed with 4. Everyone was really friendly and asked the usual behavioral interview questions.

Interview Questions
    • When considering Campaign vs Project-type BSA's- which type of Associate BSA role would you prefer and why?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Epsilon.

2 phone interviews, 2 in person interviews

Interview Questions
    • All questions were pretty standard interview questions   Answer Question

HTML Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Epsilon in April 2013.

Manager called me and screened me. Afterwards the Recruiter reached out to me. They called me in for a in person interview where I was test on my skills and put through a 6 person panel interview. Nice people but seemed in experienced with interviewing. Not a bad experience, just an awkward one.

Interview Questions
    • Why did I not finish the task they request prior to interviewing. I was given a template to build out. The time given was expected from an advanced person who has used the tools and methods they were looking for.   View Answer
    I gave a salary amount and they increased it.

Sales Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Epsilon in April 2009.

it was straightforward

no negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Wakefield, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Epsilon in November 2013.

The process started with an on campus interview with one mid-level manager, this was very straight forward, typical behavioral stuff. I was then contacted by a recruiter who scheduled me to come in to their Wakefield office for four 20 minute interviews. My interviews occurred simultaneously with the interviews for three other candidates. We first met with two current BSAs who went over their experiences and the different types of BSA roles at Epsilon. myself and the other interviewees were then split into four different rooms. The interviewers went from room to room, spending 20 minutes with each of us. The interviewers ranged from senior managers to a VP. The questions were still mostly behavioral, but there was a bit of technical question, such as my experience with developing and SQL. The were mostly interested in my experience with teams, how I tackle a problem etc.
    After the interview i heard back from the recruiter a couple of weeks later with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • What type of BSA better suites your interests? Don't worry they explain the differences before hand.   Answer Question

I had another offer for a little bit more money in a different field that i found more interesting.