Epsilon

Average Difficulty
19 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Wakefield, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Epsilon in November 2013.

Interview Details – Got into the interview process through a referral, this is how Epsilon prefers to find new hires. First interview was over the phone with an HR rep and it consisted on basic behavioral questions to see if personalities matched. Second interview was an office visit. It consisted of 4 "mini" interviews with managers from different teams who were interviewing for their teams specifically. Questions revolved around whether or not I understood direct marketing, database operations, and Epsilon's history (acquisitions through Alliance Data). Each interviewer had their own personality and questions varied by the their portfolio (Internal, Pharma, Banking, etc.). After about a week, I received an email/call from the HR recruiter who conducted my first phone interview to explain my offer. Offer was standard and competitive in terms of salary and I had about 2 weeks to either accept or decline. Between accepting my offer and my start date (about 1.5 months) I was switched between teams and was not given a reason why.

Interview Question – The company will teach you a lot, but experience in marketing (understanding concepts), direct marketing (understanding how it differs that "Mad Men" marketing), and database management will determine which team your put on. Hardest question to answer was "Do you understand Epsilon's business model" which is still tough to answer due to all the recent acquisitions and growth (through Alliance Data) Epsilon is experiencing.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I had other offers that subsidized a low salary with relocation compensation. Epsilon offered a higher/more competitive salary but was unable to compensate for relocation (Indiana to Boston).

Wakefield, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Epsilon in April 2014.

Interview Details – I was initially recruited through my school and had a short conversation with someone from HR. It was super relaxed and, as this was one of my first interviews ever, I was put completely at ease. I moved on to the second and final round interview where they invited me and 4 other candidates on site. We had a short 20 minute discussion with two current employees and then moved on to 5-30 minute interviews with employees in various departments. All in all, it was a very comfortable interview process -- no trick questions, and it was very informative. At this point, I actually did not receive an offer. However, I had established a good relationship with my first recruiter who then pointed me in the direction of a position that had opened up in another department. From here I came in for an on-site interview where I met with the two people who would be my supervisors. Again, they were very informative discussions about the position, expectations, and my qualifications - nothing unexpected. There were no case studies and they were mostly behavioral questions with some superficial questions about my comfort with different programs. They gave me a really strict deadline of 9 days to accept/decline the offer, which forced me to speed through some of the other interviews I was going through around that time (in retrospect, this actually helped my job prospects, because other companies started taking me a little more seriously).

Interview Question – Why do you want to go to business school? I had never actually thought about the specifics, so be sure to be able to explain your short-term and long-term career goals.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I received a number of offers that paid a substantial amount more. The other companies also offered opportunities that were more in line with my long term career goals.

BSA Interview

BSA
Wakefield, MA

I applied online and interviewed at Epsilon.

Interview Details – Phone interview with HR, in-person interview with 3 people. Everyone was very nice and the interview went well. Contacted by the same HR person in a couple of days who said that the interview went well and they will be reaching out with in offer within a couple of days. I contacted her in a few days as a follow-up and because I had 2 other offers on my hands, but never heard from them again. Can't believe how unprofessional the HR department is. If you changed your mind and decided not to make an offer, or even if they didn't like me following up - an email notifying me they won't be extending an offer would be nice.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult or unexpected   Answer Question

Wakefield, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Epsilon in November 2013.

Interview Details – I first applied through campus recruiting. I then had an interview on campus. This first interview asked me about my experience with SQL, but mostly behavioral.

I was emailed a few days later saying I made it to the second round of interviewing. I then went to the Wakefield office where I interviewed with five hiring managers. The questions were mainly behavioral.

Interview Question – Know information about current or past internships, I spoke heavily about these during the interview.   Answer Question

Wakefield, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Epsilon in November 2013.

Interview Details – The process started with an on campus interview with one mid-level manager, this was very straight forward, typical behavioral stuff. I was then contacted by a recruiter who scheduled me to come in to their Wakefield office for four 20 minute interviews. My interviews occurred simultaneously with the interviews for three other candidates. We first met with two current BSAs who went over their experiences and the different types of BSA roles at Epsilon. myself and the other interviewees were then split into four different rooms. The interviewers went from room to room, spending 20 minutes with each of us. The interviewers ranged from senior managers to a VP. The questions were still mostly behavioral, but there was a bit of technical question, such as my experience with developing and SQL. The were mostly interested in my experience with teams, how I tackle a problem etc.
After the interview i heard back from the recruiter a couple of weeks later with an offer.

Interview Question – What type of BSA better suites your interests? Don't worry they explain the differences before hand.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I had another offer for a little bit more money in a different field that i found more interesting.

Senior QA Engineer Interview

Senior QA Engineer
Wakefield, MA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Epsilon in September 2013.

Interview Details – I was submitted for this by a recruiter. I was then approached by an internal recruiter from Epsilon. Seems the internal recruiter was trying to approach me directly to cut out the recruiter who had submitted me.

Quick phone screen with internal recruiter and then a phone screen with the hiring manager was arranged. The hiring manager called me around 10 or 15 minutes late. It was a release data and the manager was very busy. A few quick questions on my experience and that was it. Phone screen lasted less than 5 minutes. I did not expect to hear anything back. Next day I was contacted by the internal recruiter and told an in-person interview was going to be arranged.

I interview in-person with 4 people. The hiring manager, a development engineer, a QA engineer and the technology lead.

Hiring manager went over the basics of their system and then got into a fair amount of detail on my previous job experience. I worked for a SSL, encryption and code signing vendor. The hiring manager was obviously not technical and could not understand what I had been doing. They got hung up in the mechanics of SSL and I spent far to much time trying to explain to them how SSL and encryption works.

Interview with development engineer was casual with no issues. A few questions on GUI development and that was about it.

QA engineer asked extensive questions about my work with Selenium WebDriver and then a lot of questions on Selenium Grid. As I had no experience with Selenium Grid I was not able to answer some of the questions and this seemed to upset the interviewer. He concluded by asking me some Java questions on Interfaces, multiple inheritance and the difference between static objects and singletons.

The director of technology asked no questions on technology but instead focused on what I wanted in a job, what kind of work environment I liked and other questions like that. It was obvious he was trying to see if I would be a good fit for the team.

I left the interview with the feeling the QA Engineer would not approve of me. I also left with a lot of questions as to if I wanted to even work for Epsilon.

Epsilon never got back to me with any kind of feedback. I was left hanging. Repeated attempts to contact the internal recruiter from Epsilon were ignored. My emails and phone messages were not answered or returned.

Interview Question – I was question extensively on Selenium Grid even though I had no experience with it and freely admitted that.   Answer Question

Wakefield, MA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Epsilon in November 2012.

Interview Details – I had a quick phone screening followed by two rounds of interview. The phone screening was pretty much information about the company and HR gauging my interest. First round I interviewed with 5 people. Second round I interviewed with 4. Everyone was really friendly and asked the usual behavioral interview questions.

Interview Question – When considering Campaign vs Project-type BSA's- which type of Associate BSA role would you prefer and why?   Answer Question

Wakefield, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Epsilon.

Interview Details – The on-campus interview is a 2:1 interview - all behavioral based questions. If you have technical skills on your resume, be prepared to talk about them. The second round interview in the office was long - you meet 5 managers for 20 minutes each. They take about 2 weeks to get back to you with an answer.

Interview Question – I had SQL on my resume, so they asked me to talk about the extent of my SQL experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate.

Senior Database Developer Interview

Senior Database Developer
Wakefield, MA

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Epsilon in April 2013.

Interview Details – Four people interviewed me, and they ask questions about my resume and SQL, PL/SQL, which is not difficult. The people are very nice, they will gently point out your mistakes, and let yourself correct them.

Interview Question – No question is unexpected, just get familiar with SQL   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Technical Manager Interview

Technical Manager
Wakefield, MA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Epsilon in October 2010.

Interview Details – Fairly easy process. I was Initially contacted by phone by a recruiter. She followed up a few days later to schedule an on-site interview with several (4) members of the department that had the opening. Each person took about 30 minutes to ask a series of interpersonal/technical questions. Although it did not seem to be coordinated across people. several asked the same or similar question. The team members I met with were very friend and it was more like talking with old friends than interviewing.

I Followed up with a call to the recruiter a few days later for feedback, and received an offer shortly thereafter.

Negotiation Details – simple.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Epsilon

Worked for Epsilon? Contribute to the Community!