Equifax

Updated Jan 16, 2015

2.5

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Equifax in June 2009.

The initial phone screening was preliminary to ensure the candidate is well versed with the technologies. The panel interview was bit harder where hiring team fired questions to see the depth of my technical expertise in Hibernate and Spring.

Interview Questions
    • Based on previous project implementation of Spring Framework , can you customize the transaction processing behavior?   View Answer

Mass Markets Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Equifax in March 2012.

The interview process was pretty straight forward, there was a phone interview with the recruiter, then a phone interview with the hiring manager, finally there was a face to face interview with hiring manager and a supervisor.

Interview Questions
    It was pretty simple, you are able to negotiate your salary. I was able to get close to what I wanted so I wouldn't complain.

Senior Midrange Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA
    Anonymous Employee in Alpharetta, GA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Equifax in August 2012.

The HR folks seemed competent and kept the process rolling. HR was very easy to work with and accommodating. Wish I could say that about everyone here. The interview with management was a complete cluster. My advice is don't apply here unless you have the _exact_ experience, can read minds, can feign complete agreement to everything they say, and are soulless to boot. You are probably on the fast track to management if you have those 4 things. The egos of mgmt seemed off the scale and combined with a pompous arrogance that filled the room like the stench of burning dung. The regular staff seemed nice and mainly normal -- imagine that. So the worker bees don't seem like the problem here but there does seem to be one. One other down side to even get an interview you have to submit to an early and invasive check of your personal history. Definitely not worth the time and effort in my opinion.

Lead Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Equifax in December 2009.

The recruiters are very unorganized. They were typically slow to respond to voice mails or emails, often taking more than a day or two to respond. Often they would not have their facts straight or understand requirements for offer acceptance. The most aggravating part was the recruiters not getting my offer to me when they said I'd have it. My schedule at the time was lining up for the offer acceptance, but they delayed the offer by 3 weeks, constantly telling me it was "in the mail."

Interview Questions
    Negotiation was entirely possible and I was successful in getting a good deal. Don't accept the first offer.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Equifax in October 2009.

It was quite pleasent. It was a behavorial based interview.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Equifax in May 2010.

Company was quick to get back to my application, but process dragged on when it came to follow up interviews. First two HR interviews seemed positive (both were superficial, however). Third interview came, good conversation - with promise for several open positions and an offer to meet a line manager during a recent business trip. Then... silence. Reason given: Travel schedules. Gave the impression that the company's staff was overstretched (or worse, given complete license when on the road to no work quite so hard). From a road warrior perspective - schedule conflicts are OK excuses for minimal delays. "Travel," however, is not. Gotta be accessible and able to make informed decisions while traveling.

Interview Questions
    • Interview was fairly straightforward, no tricky questions.   View Answer

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alpharetta, GA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Equifax in February 2013.

Typical interview process: Talk to HR, then interview with the hiring manager. Came in to interview with the leadership team, team members, and hiring manager in person. There were a few calls as well with senior folks who I would be working with. Overall, it took about 60 days from the initial job submission to starting.

Interview Questions
    • How do you influence people to work for you when they don't report to you or have a higher position than you?   View Answer
    There was little negotiation - they made an offer I couldn't refuse.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Equifax.

Pretty standard interview process. Applied online, contacted by HR for initial phone screen, then met with hiring manager for face to face interview. Process took several weeks, but overall a fair experience.

Consumer Customer Care Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Equifax.

I initially applied online through the company's career website. Within 2 weeks, I received an email from the recruiter wanting to schedule a phone interview. I had a phone interview the next day. Then I was forwarded to interview with hiring manager. It was a very pleasant interview. Basic behavioral and future career goal questions asked. It took about a month for me notified that I was offered the position

Technology Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Equifax.

Simplified process with basic interview questions. All single person interviews so very repetitive of content and questions.

Interview Questions
    Recruiter did not pass any of my requests on to the hiring manager but stated they were. Said all requests were non-negotiable (days of leave, start date) based on company policy. Learned from Manager they could have been.