Equifax

38 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Technology Director Interview

Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Equifax.

Interview Details – Simplified process with basic interview questions. All single person interviews so very repetitive of content and questions.

Interview Question – Where do you want to be with position   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Recruiter did not pass any of my requests on to the hiring manager but stated they were. Said all requests were non-negotiable (days of leave, start date) based on company policy. Learned from Manager they could have been.

Senior Director Interview

Senior Director
Jersey City, NJ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Equifax in September 2010.

Interview Details – Long. Long-distance + one in-person set of interviews. Tedious. Hire decision involved a whole lot of internal discussion at Equifax. I came as "recommended by current employee as really good" but Equifax took its own sweet time. Maybe it really was complicated for Equifax because I'm working now at less than 50% of my former salary (because, well, Atlanta salaries aren't New York salaries). (On the other hand, I work at home now and can walk my dog mid-day.)

Interview Question – Why was I laid off during subprime mortgage crisis? A: I was in mortgage industry, which was suffering effects of mortgage crisis. (Hello. Obvious?) Why couldn't I find another job in the meantime? A: Wasn't looking for next job due to family situation. My elderly mother broke both legs, which was a major catastrophe for the entire family. (Stupid questions, I know. #1 has obvious, not-connected-with-my-performance answer. #2 has many an equally obvious answer, which was also not my answer: 'Mortgage market isn't hiring anywhere. No housing starts. No new construction. No new mortgage loans. No RMBS securitizations. US mortgages were, at that time, DEAD." etc. etc. etc.)   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Really, negotiation? I was happy to accept to have health insurance benefits again. Biggest obstacle for Equifax was that I live in NYC metro area but Equifax offered me Atlanta pay. It took Equifax a long time to decide that they could make that offer of employment/salary to me. It wasn't much of an obstacle for me to decide to accept so that I could have health insurance benefits again, despite the Atlanta-based salary.

Professional Services Consultant IV Interview

Professional Services Consultant IV

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Equifax in May 2011.

Interview Details – They focused more on character and ability to fit in with the company than with technical skills. I had to show that I could install some software, that I understood basic networking and architecture, and that I was personable and social enough to deal with customers.

They wanted and answer immediately but waited for me to make my decision.

Interview Question – Install this old version of our software in under an hour with these instructions.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Easy. I asked for more, they met me in the middle. Not a super high salary, but competitive. They won't overpay, but they will take care of you.

Business Service Lead Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Equifax.

Interview Details – Submitted a resume through a friend and was contacted by HR.

Interview Question – How would you handle an employee who doesn't agree with his/her performance rating?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate

Senior Software Architect Interview

Senior Software Architect

I applied in-person and interviewed at Equifax.

Interview Details – The process was not well organized, seems like last minute decision.
HR general was ok, but main interviewer was not available for next 2 week,

Interview Question – They were fixated about 1 technology and asked about same. Also HR told the position was going to be stressful. He also shared that few folk have left that role recently in less than year.   Answer Question

VOE Specialist Interview

West Des Moines, IA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at Equifax in November 2013.

Interview Details – Got the job through Aerotek. Just talked to them to see if I was the right fit.

Interview Question – Not difficult questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Data Quality Analyst Interview

Data Quality Analyst
Saint Louis, MO

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Equifax.

Interview Details – Initially contacted for a phone screen and then an in person interview with 2 individuals. The interview was pretty laid back with not too many difficult questions.

Interview Question – Why are you looking to leave your current position?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is room to negotiate. I got what I asked for.

Senior PC Technician Interview

Houston, TX

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Equifax in December 2012.

Interview Details – Interview was simple. I was Automatically Hired by Equifax because they bought CSC

Data Research Analyst Interview

Data Research Analyst
Irving, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Equifax in October 2009.

Interview Details – I was interview by a panel of people, who took turns asking questions, then the panel deliberated over the interviewees while we waited in a separate room. One member of the panel came to the room and asked for several interviewees to return into the conference room for a second interview.

Interview Question – What salary should you be paid and why?   View Answer

Accountant II Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Equifax in September 2012.

Interview Details – Did a phone interview with HR and then I received a phone call a week later to do a face - to - face interview

Interview Question – The questions were pretty straight forward   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Equifax

Worked for Equifax? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Equifax interview questions and advice. All 38 interview reviews posted anonymously by Equifax employees and interview candidates.