Equilar

Average Difficulty
5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Account Manager

I applied online and interviewed at Equilar.

Interview Details – Received an email asking to setup a 30 min phone interview. The interviewer mostly talked about the company. I'm not sure how this company is successful. Why anyone would pay to for their service? But that's just my opinion. The interview lasted about 30 mins with general questions about my experience & background.

Redwood City, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Equilar in April 2012.

Interview Details – I was called in for an interview for the account manager position. Walked in through the door and was taken to a room. I then met with the recruiting (HR) person and another account manager, who then asked me things about my previous job that is similar.

I was then introduced to the director who would then be responsible for the account manager. Afterwards I took a series of Skills test that test my observation skills in analyzing graphs and charts.

Interview Question – Please tell me about why you would like to work here.   Answer Question

Redwood City, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Equilar in December 2011.

Interview Details – After the phone interview with HR, I was invited to come over. HR lady was unnecessarily proud of the place. She kept saying the environment was very friendly and fun but after I started working here, it was completely a lie. Be careful of the CEO interview because he will, by his nature, be extremely annoying you. He will make jokes about your school experiences and past career, not knowing that he's doing wrong. Long story short, just put up with both the HR lady and CEO.

Interview Question – Tell me about your horrible (on personal level) habits/traits...(as many as possible).   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – 0% chance for negotiation.

Redwood City, CA

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Equilar in March 2012.

Interview Details – Phone interview that does the usual "make sure you aren't crazy." Asks about prior experiences and how you feel they would relate to your new position. Expects basic knowledge of how the company operates, be able to speak to their recent platform.

The in-person interview was fine. There was a skills/grammar test then two 1:1 interviews. One with HR and another with the head of the department. They seemed looking to gather information on how detail-oriented I was and how I would work with difficult management. "What are your strengths / weaknesses?" etc.

Interview Question – They had me correct a financial spreadsheet for errors.   View Answer

Account Manager

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Equilar in January 2012.

Interview Details – Interviewed by 3 people that should have no business with interviewing. None of then knew how to conduct a proper interview. Horrible eye contact, random questions due to bad interviewing techniques, purposely asks difficult questions due to lack of interviewing skills. One individual (Bus Dev. and Sales Op Mgr.) was absolutely an embarrassment to his company. WOW! He has no idea how stupid he looked during my interview. Most likely the same person who was described as condescending and putting down a candidates organization affiliation in the previous post. Also the same person who was described as rude. If you are unfortunate to interview with this person, be aware his behavior is just to cover up his own inadequacies. Smart people can see right through it.

Interview Question – what are your weaknesses?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The culture absolutely stinks. At first glance it looked fine, but once you meet the interviewers you will sense something is not right.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Equilar

Worked for Equilar? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Equilar Account Manager interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by Equilar employees and interview candidates.