Equilar Account Manager Interview Questions

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Equilar.

Interview

Received an email asking to setup a 30 min phone interview. The interviewer mostly talked about the company. I'm not sure how this company is successful. Why anyone would pay to for their service? But that's just my opinion. The interview lasted about 30 mins with general questions about my experience & background.

Other Interview Reviews for Equilar

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Equilar (Redwood City, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

I was called in for an interview for the account manager position. Walked in through the door and was taken to a room. I then met with the recruiting (HR) person and another account manager, who then asked me things about my previous job that is similar. I was then introduced to the director who would then be responsible for the account manager. Afterwards I took a series of Skills test that test my observation skills in analyzing graphs and charts.

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Equilar (Redwood City, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

Phone interview that does the usual "make sure you aren't crazy." Asks about prior experiences and how you feel they would relate to your new position. Expects basic knowledge of how the company operates, be able to speak to their recent platform. The in-person interview was fine. There was a skills/grammar test then two 1:1 interviews. One with HR and another with the head of the department. They seemed looking to gather information on how detail-oriented I was and how I would work with difficult management. "What are your strengths / weaknesses?" etc.

Interview Questions

• They had me correct a financial spreadsheet for errors.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Equilar (Redwood City, CA) in December 2011.

Interview

After the phone interview with HR, I was invited to come over. HR lady was unnecessarily proud of the place. She kept saying the environment was very friendly and fun but after I started working here, it was completely a lie. Be careful of the CEO interview because he will, by his nature, be extremely annoying you. He will make jokes about your school experiences and past career, not knowing that he's doing wrong. Long story short, just put up with both the HR lady and CEO.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your horrible (on personal level) habits/traits...(as many as possible).   Answer Question

Negotiation

0% chance for negotiation.

Account Manager Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Equilar in January 2012.

Interview

Interviewed by 3 people that should have no business with interviewing. None of then knew how to conduct a proper interview. Horrible eye contact, random questions due to bad interviewing techniques, purposely asks difficult questions due to lack of interviewing skills. One individual (Bus Dev. and Sales Op Mgr.) was absolutely an embarrassment to his company. WOW! He has no idea how stupid he looked during my interview. Most likely the same person who was described as condescending and putting down a candidates organization affiliation in the previous post. Also the same person who was described as rude. If you are unfortunate to interview with this person, be aware his behavior is just to cover up his own inadequacies. Smart people can see right through it.

Interview Questions

The culture absolutely stinks. At first glance it looked fine, but once you meet the interviewers you will sense something is not right.