Equilar

Getting the Interview

54 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Research Team/Leadership Development Program Interview

I applied online and interviewed at Equilar.

Interview Details – I got up to the 2nd interview with Equilar. The first was a phone interview with one person who asked general questions about my education and my interest in working at Equilar. The second interview was an invitation to interview at the office in Redwood City. I could not make it there so I set up the alternative Skype interview. They speak with you via phone and use the Skype video to see you. This interview had 3 pairs of people who met with you.

The first pair asked general education questions and some random ones like "who was your favorite professor?" Though they are probably looking at your transcript while they ask you about favorite professors and classes. They then gave me a 3 part assessment via Google Drive and left me to attempt completion in 30 minutes and email them my results. Then the next 2 pairs came in one after the other. They asked more work-related questions and ones specific to Equilar.

Overall it was longer than expected and I was very frustrated at the end.

Interview Question – What should executive compensation be based on?   Answer Question

Leadership Development Internship Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Equilar in March 2014.

Interview Details – Initial phone interview lasted exactly 20 minutes. It was mainly behavioral questions and what you know about the company. The on-site interview lasted 2 hours. I talked with four employees, two at a time. I was given an exam (3 pages long) in between the two interviews. I didn't make it to the final round, which would have been to present on a topic of their choice.

Interview Question – What is your favorite product? What do you think are the pros and cons of that product? How could you improve on that product?   Answer Question

Redwood City, CA

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Equilar in March 2013.

Interview Details – Met Equilar at my university career fair. They also had an informational night. Info night consisted of a slideshow, and q&a-- I recommend dressing up. They also encourage everyone to apply online. You should tailor your cover letter that writes what you can bring to equilar and describe your story. I got offered an interview a few days after. After a couple weeks there are about 2 more interviews and a mock project.

Interview Question – What is an experience that you are most proud of?   View Answer

Research Analyst

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Equilar.

Interview Details – Initial Phone Screen and personality test. Questions were basic and the interview lasted about 20 minutes. Focused on background and education, as well your knowledge of the company.

Interview Question – When did you innovate something at your workplace?   Answer Question

Redwood City, CA

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Equilar in February 2014.

Interview Details – I saw the position on my campus career site and applied through Equilar's job portal.

The response for a phone interview was very quick, approximately 2 days. The phone interview was around 20 minutes. No unusual questions. Just make sure you did some research about the company and on executive compensation topics.

Interview Question – Why do companies pay Equilar to do executive compensation research for them?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Research Assistant Interview

Interview Details – I applied to Equilar through school. The response from them was timely. After 1 week from submission, I was contacted for interview. After 2 weeks, I had interview and after 3 weeks, I had response.

Interview Question – The phone interview was very general. What is your GPA? What are three of your strengths? Why are you applying for this position? What other positions are you currently applying?   Answer Question

Redwood City, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Equilar in January 2014.

Interview Details – Applied through university. Hiring process consisted of a phone interview and two in office interviews. Nothing out of the ordinary for the phone interview, basically behavioral questions, why Equilar, what are you strengths. There was an assessment test during the first in office interview. 3 pages front and back, ranged from math to grammar. The interviews were not as bad as the other reviews had made it out to be. Equilar is certainly filled with bright people, and they are looking to hire the same type of employee. The vibe was very much silicon valley technology company, fast paced but laid back.

Interview Question – Why would a company not be inclined to pay an executive officer equity as opposed to cash   View Answer

Redwood City, CA

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Equilar in December 2013.

Interview Details – 3 Interview rounds. First round is over the phone. Basic questions. Second round is in the office in Redwood City, and the third round required you to present on a selected topic and you get to talk to the CEO.

Interview Question – There were no unexpected questions. Everything is resume or behaviour related.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Equilar

Interview Details – I applied through LinkedIn. I got an interview over the phone. The phone interview took about 30 minutes. Basic interview questions. Nothing out of the ordinary. What are your three strengths? What's your GPA? What does Equilar do? Etc. If you are mentally prepare, then you are ready. The company seems to have lots of younger employees compared to other companies, I am not sure how much you can learn/grow here. After, there is a personal assessment, describing yourself e.g. kind, passive, exciting, and etc.
Took the assessment test, still waiting for acceptance/rejection letter. Not sure if I want to work here, even if I did get an offer.

Interview Question – Why does the public have interest in executive compensations?   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Research Associate

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Equilar.

Interview Details – I applied through my university career website. I went to their info session, and what I noticed is that their crowd was pretty young. Not a bad thing - but it seems that there isn't much room for advancement long-term.

I got an interview at my university career center, and I had to choose a 30 minute slot out of their 3 days there. Their 'senior consultant' was there to interview me, and he seemed really irritated from the start. I understand that I'm probably the 18th person interviewed, but at least try not to yawn through the whole darn thing! I pretty much lost interest and ended the interview fairly quickly.

Interview Question – What is your biggest failure/disappointment?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Equilar

Worked for Equilar? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Equilar interview questions and advice. All 54 interview reviews posted anonymously by Equilar employees and interview candidates.