Equilar Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA

Updated Aug 18, 2014

25 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Research Analyst/Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Equilar in March 2014.

The first round is a 20 minutes phone interview - just some general behavioral questions.
    After the phone interview, they held a two hours on-boarding interview. Before going to the on-boarding, they sent me some materials about executive compensation to read. And during the on-boarding, they let me take a few assessments and it took 45 minutes. The assessments were some reading comprehensions including grammar corrections, calculations and spreadsheet corrections. The assessments were not too difficult, but you really need to pay attention to details. Besides the assessments, four recruiters interviewed me in two groups. The first group is HR oriented. They asked some detailed questions about my resume and school coursework. The second group is oriented in executive compensation. It was more like a conversation and discussion.
    if you passed the second round there will be a final round on-board with the CEO.

Interview Questions
    • Think about two companies, and how their executives are getting paid. Why?   Answer Question

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Equilar in August 2014.

HR followed by hiring manager called for a phone interview in May 2014. Did not get any feedback until Aug 2014. Within a short notice called in for an in person interview with 4 people.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Equilar in April 2011.

The interviewer seemed like a typical "frat bro", so it was hard to start an easy friendly conversation with him if you don't immediately click with that type of personality. He asked basic behavioral questions, nothing out of the ordinary. Just do basic research on the company and prepare for the typical interview questions, and you should be fine.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Equilar.

included an on campus interview (applied via career fair), in office interview, third interview which candidate prepares a presentation on a preselected topic. Pretty typical questions, just make sure to do your research

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Equilar in March 2013.

Met Equilar at my university career fair. They also had an informational night. Info night consisted of a slideshow, and q&a-- I recommend dressing up. They also encourage everyone to apply online. You should tailor your cover letter that writes what you can bring to equilar and describe your story. I got offered an interview a few days after. After a couple weeks there are about 2 more interviews and a mock project.

Interview Questions
    • What is an experience that you are most proud of?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Equilar in February 2014.

I saw the position on my campus career site and applied through Equilar's job portal.

The response for a phone interview was very quick, approximately 2 days. The phone interview was around 20 minutes. No unusual questions. Just make sure you did some research about the company and on executive compensation topics.

Interview Questions
    • Why do companies pay Equilar to do executive compensation research for them?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Equilar in January 2014.

Applied through university. Hiring process consisted of a phone interview and two in office interviews. Nothing out of the ordinary for the phone interview, basically behavioral questions, why Equilar, what are you strengths. There was an assessment test during the first in office interview. 3 pages front and back, ranged from math to grammar. The interviews were not as bad as the other reviews had made it out to be. Equilar is certainly filled with bright people, and they are looking to hire the same type of employee. The vibe was very much silicon valley technology company, fast paced but laid back.

Interview Questions
    • Why would a company not be inclined to pay an executive officer equity as opposed to cash   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Equilar in December 2013.

3 Interview rounds. First round is over the phone. Basic questions. Second round is in the office in Redwood City, and the third round required you to present on a selected topic and you get to talk to the CEO.

Interview Questions
    • There were no unexpected questions. Everything is resume or behaviour related.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Equilar in July 2013.

Applied online. Received a phone call for a 15 minute interview. Was called back for an in person interview which they said would be 2-3 hours.

The interview consisted of my past work history and education mostly,along with an assessment test.

Interviewers were young and one of them seemed irritated as if he didn't want to be there. Additionally I did some research on the company and asked them about their motto, which they struggled to remember.

They also asked about my GPA and why I had some C's. I didn't make an excuse as to why.

The assessment was a bit convoluted the way it was laid out.

Overall the interview seemed lackluster from the beginning and the interviewer's seemed very apathetic. I didn't get the job but if I had am not sure the environment would be great fit for me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Equilar in May 2013.

Applied through my school's job portal and breezed through the phone interview. Questions were typical like:
    why do youwant to work here?
    what are your strengths?
    describe a time you had tobe analytical?

In person I took the tests and went through the in person interviews. I thought I did greatbut didn't get an offer. When I asked why later by email theysaid I was too "informal". Apparently small jokes and small talk wasn;t appreciated by one of the staff members although I aced the test. Oh well.

Interview Questions

Worked for Equilar? Contribute to the Community!