Equinox Fitness

Getting the Interview

42 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Personal Trainer Interview

I interviewed at Equinox Fitness in February 2014.

Interview Details – Got the interview online, lasted about 10 minutes. Easy

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for us   Answer Question

Equinox Personal Trainer Interview

Pasadena, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Equinox Fitness in January 2014.

Interview Details – The first interview is a cattle call; I got the distinct idea that the people they are interested are the prettiest, and not necessarily the most experienced or best trainers. There are two other interviews leading to an "audition" where you train another trainer.

Interview Question – The kid who interviewed me asked if I would do ok with supervision since I ran my own business. I think they were concerned that I was TOO experienced!   Answer Question

Membership Advisor Interview

Membership Advisor
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Equinox Fitness in December 2012.

Interview Details – You meet with a lot of managers and an advisor depending on the club. Just want to make sure you have a good personality and can be a good listener. Job is mainly about listening and recommending. Don't be sales-ey. Be yourself, personality goes a long way.

Interview Question – Role playing. Make sure you visit a club and go through the membership process before the interview.   Answer Question

Personal Trainer
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Equinox Fitness in January 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online and was contacted within a week. Had multiple interviews at a few different locations. Final interview included a case study and personal training session. I ended up being offered a position at a location I had not been to during the interview process. It was a long process, but paid off in the end. .,

Interview Question – Case study and personal training session with management.   Answer Question

Equinox Personal Trainer Interview

Equinox Personal Trainer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Equinox Fitness.

Interview Details – Already in the industry, so I had a pretty close contact refer me. One quick interview with her boss.

Interview Question – If there was an elephant outside of this room that couldn't fit, how would you get it into the room?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None. Rates are set.

Personal Trainer
West Hollywood, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Equinox Fitness in April 2012.

Interview Details – It was like a 5 tier interview process. It takes a while to get hired. Then after you're hired you go through months of training and orientation before you are given the opportunity to make any decent sales.

Interview Question – Be ready to get thrown into a practical exam without warning. The manager may give you a client training scenario with another trainer pretending to be a customer, just to see how you respond and train.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There's zero room for negotiations. Don't even try.

Pilates Instructor Interview

West Hollywood, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Equinox Fitness in June 2013.

Interview Details – I submitted my resume online and was emailed by the regional manager. I was called for a phone interview and then called in for an interview with the pilates coordinator. I was then asked to meet the assistant general manager at the time. Then I was told I would hear back soon. I was then called back in to meet with the GM (general manager) I waited about four days and finally was called and told they would like to hire me.

Interview Question – The AGM (assistant general manager) asked why I didn't want to work at the Beverly Hills location.   View Answer

Pure Yoga Sales Position Interview

New York, NY

I interviewed at Equinox Fitness in October 2012.

Interview Details – Was brought in for three individual interviews - each with a different person. Interviewed with Pure West Manager as well as Pure East Manager, and finally with the Sales Manager. All three are very nice, casual, and professional. Asked basic questions - nothing intimidating.

Interview Question – Sell me on this studio   Answer Question

Massage Therapist Interview

Massage Therapist
Miami Beach, FL

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Equinox Fitness in December 2012.

Interview Details – It took them a while to contact me. I had to be proactive, or I don't think I would have been seen. Met with almost every staff member to see if I was the right fit for the team. Seemed like everyone wasn't necessarily on the same page. Perhaps an overemphasis on what it looks like than what it really is.

Interview Question – "How do we know you're not going to steal our clients?"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – My experience in the field gave me an edge in negotiating my rate

Assistant General Manager Interview

Assistant General Manager
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Equinox Fitness in September 2013.

Interview Details – I was contacted by the recruitment specialist, and we set a time to interview on the phone. The questions were fairly standard. The specialist then set up a face-to-face meeting with the AGM trainer, where they both interviewed me in one of their locations.

I then attended another meeting with two other managers at another location who interviewed me individually. The interview questions we more difficult with these two. I understand there was maybe one more hurdle to cross with is the regional manager, who I didn't interview with.

Interview Question – Explain to me a sales scenario where did not reach your target.   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Equinox Fitness

Worked for Equinox Fitness? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Equinox Fitness interview questions and advice. All 42 interview reviews posted anonymously by Equinox Fitness employees and interview candidates.