Equinox Fitness

2.8

Senior Counsel Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Equinox Fitness.

After an initial phone call with the internal recruiter at Equinox, I had two in person interviews with the General Counsel and one other senior attorney. The interviews were difficult (lots of behavioral questions) but everyone I met with was very pleasant. Throughout the process the recruiter was constantly in touch to let me know how the process was unfolding. We corresponded at least once per week over the course of two months. Even when there was nothing to report, e.g. when the General Counsel was on vacation, she let me know so that I wasn't left in the dark. I actually felt like Equinox was courting me and trying to recruit me throughout the process, which is in stark contrast to every other interview I've been on this past year. In the end I did not get an offer but again the recruiter was courteous enough to schedule a call to let me know over the phone. I was disappointed not to get an offer but overall the interview process was worthwhile because the recruiter was so courteous and professional throughout. The rest of Corporate America should take a lesson from Equinox on how to conduct recruiting.

Assistant General Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Equinox Fitness.

Process started with a phone interview with a recruiter in NYC. Next step was an interview in person with a recruiter in LA. Both the HR folks were passionate about what they did and the company. 3rd Interview was with 3 guys. Interview was very relaxed and more of a conversations. I was asked to wait around to meet the VP in LA. Another very relaxed conversation. All nice people.

Interview Questions
    • There wasn't really a difficult question. It is VERY clear that they are driven by meeting sales projections. If you don't meet them, you should expect a call from your supervisor as to why your club is not meeting the goals.   Answer Question

Personal Trainer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Equinox Fitness in September 2014.

Phone interview which led to an in person interview. Very unprofessional in my opinion. Interview scheduled for 11am did not begin until 11:45am. Interviewers were very awkward one person asked the questions other said absolutely nothing. Not personable people even though they are in a business that you need to be personable. Pay is minimum wage and hourly training sessions with clients is insanely low pay also.

Manager Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Equinox Fitness.

Thoughtful but low key, not heavily formatted, informal. Have an interest in the details and the particular market relevant to the interview. Appreciate the analytical. Bring a handsome exterior, look the part.

Intense

Assistant General Manager Interview

It was a very easy process. I was connected to the recruiter and then i went through 3 interviews with management. They were very quick to get back to me and the communication was excellent. It was very easy and everyone was great, i never felt intimidated. It really seemed like a team atmosphere. Apply for this company because they are great!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Equinox Fitness in July 2014.

Equinox puts you through 3 interviews. One face to face. Then practical interview to test your program design. Lastly a group interview. The questions are typical, "what four personality types do you struggle with".

Interview Questions
    • The most challenging thing is your availability. You must be available throughout the day.   Answer Question

Training Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Equinox Fitness.

The interview process for these positions typically have 3 rounds. Starts with a detailed application and questionnaire. Next, you will take a personality test to see if you fit the role. Then, you will be interviewed by the regional director and area manager.

There is no negotiation of salary.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Highland Park, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Highland Park, IL

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Equinox Fitness in June 2014.

Initial communications were pretty good, but the location changed at the last minute. Interview was conducted in a small stuffy room just off the lobby. Although I had many questions, their answers were a bit evasive, especially regarding compensation. The person I would have been working for did not, in my opinion, present himself or the club very well. They didn't even give me a tour of the facility.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions. The questions could have come from an "Interviewing 101" book. ie. "What is your greatest weakness?" "What have you done to correct it?"   Answer Question

Personal trainers work for minimum wage, and are expected to work 60+ hours

SPA Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Equinox Fitness.

Three Interviews; With Regional Manager twice- verbal and hands on and then General Manager of the Gym and Assistant General Manager . I spent an hour for each interview with the Regional Coordinator- one was verbal and the other was a practical hands-on for massage therapy. The next meeting with the Gym GM went over the same questions I was asked by the RC. I was under the impression that this would be the final interview and an offer would be made however I was told at the end of the interview that they were interviewing other candidates.

Interview Questions
    • Asked the same questions by all three managers. Questions were straight forward.   Answer Question

Personal Trainer Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Equinox Fitness.

They flake a lot on the interviews. Don't be surprised if you have to call back or they rescheduled the date. For the interview they'll ask you to try to sell a package of workouts so definitely know how to sell and convince people. Then they'll take you on to the gym floor and ask you to demonstrate a few exercises. Know how to correct someone when they're making mistakes and that's about it. I wish I could tell you more about the interview process, but it's still very questionable. They hire idiots all the time, but gloss over people with actual talent.

Interview Questions
    • The ask you to sell one of their packages of workouts which range from 12 to 48.   Answer Question