Equity Residential Interview Questions

Updated Jun 28, 2015

2.6

Leasing Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Equity Residential.

Interview

Applied online and was invited to job fair. I was interviewed by a Community Manager in Alexandria, VA. There were a lot of other applicants as well. Typical interview questions. I felt that I had a really great interview. Fairly easy interview.

Community Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Equity Residential (New York, NY).

Interview

I interviewed first with the recruiter through Skype. Then I interviewed with several Regional Managers as well as the VP.
    They were moving a lot of people around so it took a while to find out if I had the job. I do feel that maybe communication could be slightly better on the recruiting side from my experience as well as speaking with peers.

Interview Questions

• My experience in Property Management. The challenges I may have had with a previous Manager. How I handle Managing people. Why do I want this job. Why should they pick me as a Manager when they mostly hire from within.   Answer Question

Equity Residential Response

Jun 17, 2015Operations Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience during the recruiting process.

We are excited to have you working with us and appreciate your patience as we worked through interviews
    ... More

Leasing Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Equity Residential.

Interview

Was referred by an EQR employee to apply online. Had a phone interview then an interview at hiring property which included standard interview questions and a writing skills test. I sent for a drug test and they ran a background check. Once everything was clear they emailed me my offer letter and start date.

Concierge Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Equity Residential (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

The hiring manager called me and asked me to "sell myself." Said he would let me know in a few days if he was interested. Never received call back. Wish they would take the opportunity to give feedback to let someone know WHY they weren't hired. I think phone interviews are also a poor way to get to know someone.

Leasing Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Equity Residential in January 2015.

Interview

Had a phone interview with Melissa Reilly for a Leasing Consultant position. It was very routine, nothing too out of the ordinary. She was nice and eager to answer questions.

Community Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tacoma, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Equity Residential (Tacoma, WA) in November 2014.

Interview

I applied online for a Receptionist position. I was invited shortly after to interview over the phone, and I was lucky enough to land an amazing recruiter.

The phone interview was more of a conversation, and she truly listened to what I was passionate about. She called me the next day and asked me to interview for a different position that may better fit my interests - I was just surprised that she had actually kept me in mind! Most recruiters don't do that!!

So today I went for my in person interview and it went really well!

UPDATE: It has been about a month since I applied, but 2 business days after my in person interview - I received an offer! Yay!

Very impressed with the process. It's been very quick and everyone I have spoken with/interviewed with has been great!

Interview Questions

• "When did you have to deal with an angry customer?" and "Who has been the most difficult and frustrating customer you've dealt with?", oh and they asked "Have you ever had a challenging coworker? How did you deal with them?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation - offer was firm, and fair since I have not worked in property management previously. I ended up getting $0.50 lower than the max for the position for previous sales and service experience though, so I don't feel cheated.

Service Manager Interview

Interview

They tend to promote from within to save in the salary department. When an employee is being paid 19.00 an hour and a 2-3 dollar raise can be given, the employee feels as though they are being taken care of. But the work position they are being put in, they are highly underpaid.

Negotiation

NA

Customer Support Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Equity Residential.

Interview

I applied online via their website and was contact for a phone interview by HR. I was asked basic questions and then I was scheduled for an interview with the Community Manager at the apartment community. The interview consisted of basic questions regarding my previous experience (asking what I did and how the skills I learned might help me in the job I am applying for) as well as questions about my future goals.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was offered a salary and benefits package that I thought was fair for the job and my experience. I chose not to negotiate further.

Leasing Consultant Interview

Interview

Ask you basic questions like what was a difficult situation you had to deal with? How did you deal with it. What makes you a valuable asset to the company?
    What can you contribute?

Manager Interview

Interview

Joined Equity through acquisition so did not formally interview. Good HR and recruiting dept with high standards for talent selection