Equity Residential

Relevance Date Difficulty

Concierge Interview

Concierge
Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Equity Residential in February 2012.

Interview Details – The process has been very professional and pleasant so far starting from the application which was done online through the company website. I received the first call approx a week later after submitting my application asking me to go in for an interview. After hanging up, the interviewing manager sent me an e-mail right away confirming the place and time of the interview. The interviews went smoothly and I did not feel like they were interrogating me. When they said they would give me a call, they really did. That is something a lot of employers do not care enough to do anymore especially in this economy.

Interview Question – Were you ever asked to do something by your past employer that you did not feel it was right and what was your response?   Answer Question

Equity Residential Interview

Equity Residential
Hartford, CT

I applied through other source and interviewed at Equity Residential.

Interview Details – No interview process as Equity Residential merged (took over) the prior local property management company. However, I had the opportunity to be closely involved with the Human Resource Department (which gave no support to the actual properties in any effective form, with the exception of a few recruiters). Yet, the company matrix system provides a significant bonus for employee retention and provides many other tools to hire, train, and retain the "right" team member,

Interview Question – None, as hiring process was part of a merger.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It is your responsibility to sell your skills and gain the best possible salary package, otherwise you should not have complaining rights.

Very Easy Interview

Staff Accountant Interview

Staff Accountant
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Equity Residential.

Interview Details – Walking in the door at first, the people I interviewed with were great. I was required to fill out an application and bring it in when I went in to my interview at first. I went in for my first interview (for one of 2 staff accountant positions open), in which I met with 3 people separately. About a week and a day later I heard back, being asked back for a second round of interviews, with 3 more different people.
It took about a week and a half and I heard back from HR saying I didn't get the position but that another slightly different staff accountant position had opened up and they were wondering if I would be interested in being considered for the position. Of course, I said yes, and I was required to fill out the exact same application a second time, but I wasn't about to say no. So I was scheduled to come in for another 2 interviews. I went in for the first of the two interviews that day and the person I met with was stumbling through the interview, excusing herself because she hadn't interviewed anyone for a while. She the proceeded to get my hopes up extremely high by saying things like "you will be working with," "you will be doing...," and various other comments. Then I asked her what the next steps in the interview process was and she let me know that I was the only person being interviewed for the position and that everyone I had met with before had all spoken highly of me in the interviews they had with me. She said her and the other interviewer that day would meet later and talk about the interviews they had with me and I would be hearing back. Well, to my surprise, as you can imagine, I never heard back from the company. A week went by, nothing... I thought, okay, I need to wait, another 3 or 4 days went by and I decided, okay, I'm going to email HR and just see if they are in the process of making a decision. I got no response. I then decided to call HR another week after that, and I got no response what so ever.. I was very disappointed in the company. That is a terrible way to do business.

Interview Question – Each interview was very simple, no difficult or unexpected questions, everything was more like a conversation.   Answer Question

Information Technology Interview

Information Technology
Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Equity Residential in February 2008.

Interview Details – Went smooth and informed through out the process.

Interview Question – Describe a situation when you could not resolve the resident issue. How did you let them know.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No the offer was what it was.

Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Equity Residential in March 2012.

Interview Details – Manager asked if I had experience in renting apartment, when I said no she told me that they had an excellent training program. The enviroment of the office was very busy , but the people seems happy.. Manager was very pleasant and nice. She told me that she thinks that my personality will fit with the company. She offered me the job.

Interview Question – It was long time ago. I erally don't remember any question.   Answer Question

Customer Support Assistant Interview

Customer Support Assistant
Redmond, WA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Equity Residential in April 2012.

Interview Details – I was excited to receive an emailed offer for a phone interview, about a week after initally applying online. The interview was scheduled in a flexible 3 hour window. I prepared for a week, did my phone interview. Waited another week to do a 1:1 face to face interview. Did not interview at the property, but instead at the company's headquarters in another city, 25 miles away. At the headquarters, the people were unprofessional. They were having personal nonwork related conversations, and I even witnessed a personal phone call on the company phone to a credit card collection agent. All of the restrooms in the building are locked and accessible only with a key, so you may want to allow extra time to find a public restroom to relieve yourself and freshen up. I was told that I would be contacted by the hiring manager but I am still waiting. I think the interview process is too long.I wasn't applying for a management position. The benefits seem decent: 20 percent rent discount, gym discounts, generous time off. Seems like a good company to work with. They even let you take time off work to see your child off to there first day of school and for volunteer projects.how cool is that.I still like the company, but the interview process is unnecessarily long. If offered a position, I would have to decline.now I understand how other interviewees declined these job offers.the long process makes you lose interest in the job.

Interview Questions

Military Trainee Interview

Military Trainee
Irvine, CA

Interview Details – Phone interview with area recruiter, followed by HR rep, then Senior regional Manager for final approval. Once concidered there will be a drug and background screening.

Interview Question – Typical questions like describe a time when you delt with an irate customer...describe a situation when you went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiating.

Manager Interview

Manager
Alexandria, VA

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Equity Residential in December 2009.

Interview Details – Went very well. From the day I was contacted they treated mr with open arms. They sent me for several interviews to different properties to see where would be a good fit. After each interview they kept in contact via email and let me know where they stood in the decision.

Interview Question – How would I deal with a resident if they came in the office out of control   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It was not as hard as I thought it would be. Easy to deal with .

Very Easy Interview

San Diego, CA

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Equity Residential in May 2009.

Interview Details – I lived at the apartment originally and found out about the opening for a Leasing Consultant when I called the office for advice about a temp agency in the area. The Leasing Consultant at the time was getting promoted at another property and told me about the opening because of her leaving. She asked that I apply online and said that she would recommend me to the manager.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – The negotiation for the hourly wage was set. There was no wiggle room.

Orlando, FL

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Equity Residential in January 2010.

Interview Details – Equity was very professional and honest about what they are offering and want.

Interview Question – What was the most difficut customer situation you have ever dealt with?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Equity Residential