Equity Residential Leasing Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Jun 26, 2015

2.5

Leasing Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Equity Residential.

Interview

Applied online and was invited to job fair. I was interviewed by a Community Manager in Alexandria, VA. There were a lot of other applicants as well. Typical interview questions. I felt that I had a really great interview. Fairly easy interview.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Equity Residential

Leasing Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Equity Residential.

Interview

Was referred by an EQR employee to apply online. Had a phone interview then an interview at hiring property which included standard interview questions and a writing skills test. I sent for a drug test and they ran a background check. Once everything was clear they emailed me my offer letter and start date.

Leasing Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Equity Residential in January 2015.

Interview

Had a phone interview with Melissa Reilly for a Leasing Consultant position. It was very routine, nothing too out of the ordinary. She was nice and eager to answer questions.

Leasing Consultant Interview

Interview

Ask you basic questions like what was a difficult situation you had to deal with? How did you deal with it. What makes you a valuable asset to the company?
    What can you contribute?

Leasing Consultant Interview

Interview

Phone interview followed by in person interview

Interview Questions

• Tell us something you would have difficulty with about this position.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Equity Residential (Pleasanton, CA) in September 2013.

Interview

Through my interview process, I was kept up to date on follow up interviews, I got to see where I'd be working, and who I'd be working with (this is very important to me). I was notified of my job offer quickly. I did not bother negotiating hourly wage because I felt it was fair.

Interview Questions

• A resident comes in to complain that a sprinkler system sprayed a bit of water on their car. This resident demands we pay for a full $500.00 exterior AND interior detailing at a local luxury car wash, just because a bit of water was on his car. What do you do?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Equity Residential (Atlanta, GA) in March 2012.

Interview

Manager asked if I had experience in renting apartment, when I said no she told me that they had an excellent training program. The enviroment of the office was very busy , but the people seems happy.. Manager was very pleasant and nice. She told me that she thinks that my personality will fit with the company. She offered me the job.

Interview Questions

• It was long time ago. I erally don't remember any question.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Equity Residential (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

started with telephone screening call, was able to set up in person interview with recruiter which then scheduled a interview for me to meet with property manager. After hire i went to corporate for orientation

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself, how did you handle a stressful siutation/conflict?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Equity Residential (Atlanta, GA) in April 2011.

Interview

They begin with a detailed phone interview which consists of your typical "Tell me about yourself" questions. Any issues with management or coworkers? How do you handle sales rejections? Do you consider yourself a people person...etc.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I asked for a bit more than what they initially offered and got it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Equity Residential (Seattle, WA) in May 2010.

Interview

Simple enought