Equity Residential

Updated Jan 29, 2015
Updated Jan 29, 2015

2.4

Leasing Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Equity Residential.

Was referred by an EQR employee to apply online. Had a phone interview then an interview at hiring property which included standard interview questions and a writing skills test. I sent for a drug test and they ran a background check. Once everything was clear they emailed me my offer letter and start date.

Other Interview Reviews for Equity Residential

Leasing Consultant Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Equity Residential in January 2015.

Had a phone interview with Melissa Reilly for a Leasing Consultant position. It was very routine, nothing too out of the ordinary. She was nice and eager to answer questions.

Leasing Consultant Interview

Ask you basic questions like what was a difficult situation you had to deal with? How did you deal with it. What makes you a valuable asset to the company?
    What can you contribute?

Leasing Consultant Interview

Phone interview followed by in person interview

Interview Questions
    • Tell us something you would have difficulty with about this position.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasanton, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Equity Residential in September 2013.

Through my interview process, I was kept up to date on follow up interviews, I got to see where I'd be working, and who I'd be working with (this is very important to me). I was notified of my job offer quickly. I did not bother negotiating hourly wage because I felt it was fair.

Interview Questions
    • A resident comes in to complain that a sprinkler system sprayed a bit of water on their car. This resident demands we pay for a full $500.00 exterior AND interior detailing at a local luxury car wash, just because a bit of water was on his car. What do you do?   View Answer

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Equity Residential in March 2012.

Manager asked if I had experience in renting apartment, when I said no she told me that they had an excellent training program. The enviroment of the office was very busy , but the people seems happy.. Manager was very pleasant and nice. She told me that she thinks that my personality will fit with the company. She offered me the job.

Interview Questions
    • It was long time ago. I erally don't remember any question.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Equity Residential in April 2011.

They begin with a detailed phone interview which consists of your typical "Tell me about yourself" questions. Any issues with management or coworkers? How do you handle sales rejections? Do you consider yourself a people person...etc.

Interview Questions
    I asked for a bit more than what they initially offered and got it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Equity Residential in May 2010.

Simple enought

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Equity Residential in January 2010.

Equity was very professional and honest about what they are offering and want.

Interview Questions
    • What was the most difficut customer situation you have ever dealt with?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

The process took a weekinterviewed at Equity Residential in May 2009.

I lived at the apartment originally and found out about the opening for a Leasing Consultant when I called the office for advice about a temp agency in the area. The Leasing Consultant at the time was getting promoted at another property and told me about the opening because of her leaving. She asked that I apply online and said that she would recommend me to the manager.

Interview Questions
    The negotiation for the hourly wage was set. There was no wiggle room.