Equity Residential

Getting the Interview

12 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Equity Residential

Interview Details – Ask you basic questions like what was a difficult situation you had to deal with? How did you deal with it. What makes you a valuable asset to the company?
What can you contribute?

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary   Answer Question

Pleasanton, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Equity Residential in September 2013.

Interview Details – Through my interview process, I was kept up to date on follow up interviews, I got to see where I'd be working, and who I'd be working with (this is very important to me). I was notified of my job offer quickly. I did not bother negotiating hourly wage because I felt it was fair.

Interview Question – A resident comes in to complain that a sprinkler system sprayed a bit of water on their car. This resident demands we pay for a full $500.00 exterior AND interior detailing at a local luxury car wash, just because a bit of water was on his car. What do you do?   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Seattle, WA

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Equity Residential in May 2010.

Interview Details – Simple enought

Interview Question – They were pretty generic   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Interviewed at Equity Residential

Interview Details – Phone interview followed by in person interview

Interview Question – Tell us something you would have difficulty with about this position.   Answer Question

Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Equity Residential in April 2011.

Interview Details – They begin with a detailed phone interview which consists of your typical "Tell me about yourself" questions. Any issues with management or coworkers? How do you handle sales rejections? Do you consider yourself a people person...etc.

Interview Question – Nothing was out of the ordinary   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I asked for a bit more than what they initially offered and got it.

Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Equity Residential in March 2012.

Interview Details – Manager asked if I had experience in renting apartment, when I said no she told me that they had an excellent training program. The enviroment of the office was very busy , but the people seems happy.. Manager was very pleasant and nice. She told me that she thinks that my personality will fit with the company. She offered me the job.

Interview Question – It was long time ago. I erally don't remember any question.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

San Diego, CA

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Equity Residential in May 2009.

Interview Details – I lived at the apartment originally and found out about the opening for a Leasing Consultant when I called the office for advice about a temp agency in the area. The Leasing Consultant at the time was getting promoted at another property and told me about the opening because of her leaving. She asked that I apply online and said that she would recommend me to the manager.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – The negotiation for the hourly wage was set. There was no wiggle room.

Orlando, FL

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Equity Residential in January 2010.

Interview Details – Equity was very professional and honest about what they are offering and want.

Interview Question – What was the most difficut customer situation you have ever dealt with?   Answer Question

Leasing Consultant

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Equity Residential.

Interview Details – It was about 5 years ago, but basically there is a phone interview with HR, then an interview with the Property Manager and lastly an interview with both the Property and Regional/Area Manager.

Interview Question – I suppose being able to convey the most difficult customer experiences and how you handled them.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Entry hourly wage plus commission was pretty straight forward. Don't be afraid to negotiate!

Leasing Consultant

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Equity Residential.

Interview Details – Applied online. There isn't really a way to do on paper anymore. Recruiter does a quick phone interview and mine was really nice. It wasn't too scary. Meeting with a manager was okay but they ask all of those dreadful "tell me about a time.." Next meeting is with regional manager but that was good too. It was more just to go over the previous interview and get to know my personality.

Interview Question – where do you see yourself in the next five years.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Equity Residential

Worked for Equity Residential? Contribute to the Community!

Equity Residential Videos

Equity Residential – Why Work for Us?

Work With Us A career path is way too narrow a journey – we want you to move up, over, around and through your potential. Come work with us and take the opportunity to make someone’s day, every day. Don’t take our word… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Equity Residential Leasing Consultant interview questions and advice. All 12 interview reviews posted anonymously by Equity Residential employees and interview candidates.