Equity Residential Staff Accountant Interview Questions

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Equity Residential.

Walking in the door at first, the people I interviewed with were great. I was required to fill out an application and bring it in when I went in to my interview at first. I went in for my first interview (for one of 2 staff accountant positions open), in which I met with 3 people separately. About a week and a day later I heard back, being asked back for a second round of interviews, with 3 more different people.
It took about a week and a half and I heard back from HR saying I didn't get the position but that another slightly different staff accountant position had opened up and they were wondering if I would be interested in being considered for the position. Of course, I said yes, and I was required to fill out the exact same application a second time, but I wasn't about to say no. So I was scheduled to come in for another 2 interviews. I went in for the first of the two interviews that day and the person I met with was stumbling through the interview, excusing herself because she hadn't interviewed anyone for a while. She the proceeded to get my hopes up extremely high by saying things like "you will be working with," "you will be doing...," and various other comments. Then I asked her what the next steps in the interview process was and she let me know that I was the only person being interviewed for the position and that everyone I had met with before had all spoken highly of me in the interviews they had with me. She said her and the other interviewer that day would meet later and talk about the interviews they had with me and I would be hearing back. Well, to my surprise, as you can imagine, I never heard back from the company. A week went by, nothing... I thought, okay, I need to wait, another 3 or 4 days went by and I decided, okay, I'm going to email HR and just see if they are in the process of making a decision. I got no response. I then decided to call HR another week after that, and I got no response what so ever.. I was very disappointed in the company. That is a terrible way to do business.

Interview Questions
  • Each interview was very simple, no difficult or unexpected questions, everything was more like a conversation.   Answer Question