Equity Trust Company

Updated Sep 21, 2014

2.5

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake, OH

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Equity Trust Company.

Met with several members of the executive team. Roughly 1 hour per. Questions varied between management philosphy, tactics, and results. All questions asked and topics discussed related to the potential role.

Operations Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Equity Trust Company.

Simple process after the difficult application.

Simple negotiation

Client Service Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Equity Trust Company.

Multiple interviews over the phone, 2 with recruiter and 1 with department manager. lots of basic customer service questions.

low pay, lots of work under job title. non-negotiable offer on pay increase

Senior Account Executive Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Equity Trust Company.

very easy process. relaxed and informative interview. applied on line then submitted a resume

Senior Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berea, OH

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Equity Trust Company in August 2012.

This is NOT a true Senior Account Executive outside sales position. It is a 100% phone sales (telemarketing) job. Their job ads placed on online job boards are very misleading. When I asked them about why they listed the position in such a deceptive fashion, I was told that they want a "Higher caliber of sales rep". I was disgusted that I took time out of my busy day to attend an interview for a position that was intentionally misrepresented in order to attract more experienced sales candidates. Additionally, the base salary is a small hourly wage that no true Senior Account Exec would ever find acceptable. As a Senior Account Executive, I have always had a decent base salary, not a small hourly wage. This job is much more appropriate for someone just beginning a sales career. Perhaps, a new college grad would be better suited for this role, but not anyone with more than a couple of years of corporate sales experience. However, based on how dishonest they are with their recruiting practices, I would never fully trust them as my employer.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. Not much of an interview, really. Mostly chit-chat.   Answer Question

Job posting was misleading... totally ALL phone sales, NOT outside sales. Low base pay. Felt like I was being lied to about income potential of the position.

Customer Service Team Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berea, OH

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Equity Trust Company in July 2012.

I was contacted by email at first to provide times during which I would be available for a phone interview. The position for which I applied was part of the operations team. On the phone, the HR representative and I discussed salary expectations, previous employment experiences, and the opportunity to be a part of the sales and/or operations team for the company.

I received a 1:1 interview after the phone interview. The individual with whom I met was truthful, though not very professional in demeanor. The phone interview quickly became null, as the position we discussed in the 1:1 interview was for that of a customer service representative for the company's call center. The salary expectations went out the window. I soon came to find out that the new-hire's were being hired in at a rate that was higher than that of the individuals who trained us. I was part of a new-hire team with approximately 12-15 others who also had a skewed understanding of what we were in for.

Interview Questions
    • "If I gave you a piece of paper and a pencil, what would be the first thing you wrote down?"   View Answer
    There was no negotiation - the rate at which the new-hire's were hired at was firm; $12.50/hr.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berea, OH

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Equity Trust Company in May 2012.

The interview and hiring process was fairly standard and last a few weeks. One phone interview and one group interview before receiving my offer. No real issues and great communication with the recruiter.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing that was too far removed from a standard financial services company interview.   View Answer
    It was pretty standard and was quickly turned around.

Client Service Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Equity Trust Company in May 2012.

The interview went really well. no pressures and a very comfortable atmosphere

Document Classification Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elyria, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elyria, OH

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Equity Trust Company in August 2011.

I applied for this and other positions online. First, I had a phone interview, then a skills test the next day. Within a week I had a one-on-one interview, then later that month I shadowed for the position. In a month's time, I was given an offer, which I accepted, and started five days later.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions I was asked were difficult or unexpected; it was a general interview.   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Lnvestment Processor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake, OH

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Equity Trust Company in July 2010.

Trying to get into fort knox

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if there was an elephant in the room........   View Answer
    7 interviews then an offer