Equity Trust Company

2 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Account Executive Interview

Senior Account Executive

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Equity Trust Company.

Interview Details – very easy process. relaxed and informative interview. applied on line then submitted a resume

Interview Question – none   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Senior Account Executive Interview

Senior Account Executive
Berea, OH

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Equity Trust Company in August 2012.

Interview Details – This is NOT a true Senior Account Executive outside sales position. It is a 100% phone sales (telemarketing) job. Their job ads placed on online job boards are very misleading. When I asked them about why they listed the position in such a deceptive fashion, I was told that they want a "Higher caliber of sales rep". I was disgusted that I took time out of my busy day to attend an interview for a position that was intentionally misrepresented in order to attract more experienced sales candidates. Additionally, the base salary is a small hourly wage that no true Senior Account Exec would ever find acceptable. As a Senior Account Executive, I have always had a decent base salary, not a small hourly wage. This job is much more appropriate for someone just beginning a sales career. Perhaps, a new college grad would be better suited for this role, but not anyone with more than a couple of years of corporate sales experience. However, based on how dishonest they are with their recruiting practices, I would never fully trust them as my employer.

Interview Question – No difficult questions. Not much of an interview, really. Mostly chit-chat.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Job posting was misleading... totally ALL phone sales, NOT outside sales. Low base pay. Felt like I was being lied to about income potential of the position.

Worked for Equity Trust Company? Contribute to the Community!