Equus Computer Systems Manager Interview Questions & Reviews

1 interview

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Manager Interview

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Equus Computer Systems in March 2012.

I was contacted by an HR generalist and we spoke on the phone for about 30 minutes in the initial phone call. The conversation was pretty standard stuff. A bit about the opportunity, a bit about my background, and a bit about their organization. The discussion kept me interested enough to agree to come to their office to meet in person with a couple of people.

When I went to their office, I initially met with the HR generalist I had already spoken with on the phone. We sat down and this person started asking questions about my resume history, work style, etc. The more I heard about the job, the less sure I was that there was a fit because I had a background with greater responsibilities than the job at hand. But I kept an open mind as the interview seemed to go well.

The second person I met with appeared to be in charge of HR. She was friendly and outgoing. Once again, I was asked questions about my background and how it might fit into the position. At first, she seemed to almost be trying to talk me out of the position. It was like she wanted to openly highlight any possible conflicts. I changed gears to highlight the similarities and it seemed to work. By the end of the interview, she stated she wanted me come back in about a week to meet with more people.

However, this did not turn out to be truth as I did not hear back from them. I am certainly capable of accepting when a company decides to go with another candidate or if they decide to change their plans. I think the professional and respectful way to handle these kinds of situations is to contact the candidate and let them know. If I spend the time driving to meet with you and I spend a few hours talking to people in your office, is it that difficult to show me some respect in return and contact me via Email or phone to let me know you've had a change in plans? It makes them look unprofessional and (somewhat) dishonest to handle it the way they did in my case.

Needless to say, I expect a company that claims to be service oriented to handle these types of situations far better than this. Based on my experience with this organization, my recommendation to anybody interviewing here is to be wary of anything you are told.

Interview Questions
  • How would you rate yourself on a 1 to 10 scale on (insert job variable or personality characteristic)?   Answer Question

Worked for Equus Computer Systems? Contribute to the Community!