Ercot Interview Questions

Updated Jul 15, 2015

2.7

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Ercot.

Interview

HR called first, they are nice, ask about school, major, degree, and some basic interview questions, and introduce the company. For the position of internship, they will ask you some basic questions about tech. If they considered necessary of on-site, they will contact you later

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Taylor, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Ercot (Taylor, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

From out of state so everything was done over the phone. Spoke with three managers in a group/panel style interview. Once I received my offer a background check and drug test were done prior to accepting the position.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation where you found yourself and a colleague having a disagreement?   Answer Question

Planning Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Taylor, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ monthsinterviewed at Ercot (Taylor, TX).

Interview

Don't waste your time and don't put hopes even if the recruiter is giving you hope. I had a phone screen interview followed by an on-site interview. The interview went very smooth and all indications gave me strong impression the job is mine. The recruiter kept calling me once a week to make sure I am still available and still interested in the job. After 3 or 4 weeks of this weekly flow up from their side. I didn't get the job. This is not the end of the story, after about 8 months they contacted me out of the blue suggesting a position and they even suggested the salary, they talked as if it were an offer, and after I accepted their "offer" I kept waiting and waiting again and receiving similar follow up e-mails from them, I got nothing again. This time I couldn't wait for them any further as I received another offer from a really serious employer. ERCOT hiring managers need to learn that applicants have lives and they won't put their lives on hold for long time. Their location is away from any civilization anyway, just surrounded with cotton fields.

Interview Questions

• nothing was difficult, the interview was a piece of cake.   Answer Question

Senior Engineer, Transmission Planning Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lexington, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Ercot (Lexington, MA) in October 2014.

Interview

asked some simple question regarding visa, salary. whether you used any power software including pss/e, aspen power world or promod. and thenasked qustions about transmission planning, the process took about 30 mins. it's not that difficult

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Ercot in August 2014.

Interview

Interviewed with HR over the phone. Nothing difficult. More of a screening process. In-person interview was with hiring manager and director. Interview went well. Nothing surprising. Felt that the group/Manager/Director would be enjoyable to work with and the position seemed exciting, challenging and something to get up and do everyday. Although located in Taylor, TX, If

Network Modeling Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Ercot in April 2014.

Interview

First round HR Interview. Second and Final round - Hiring Manager / Technical Interview. Though I was asked technical questions in second/final round, behavioral questions dominated the session. The questions were like - Narrate best experience with your previous boss / Worst experience with your previous boss, Critical situation that you had handled, situation where you prevented a crisis, blah..blah..

Interview Questions

• Behavior Question:- Explain a critical situation that you had handled during your previous job   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Taylor, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 7+ monthsinterviewed at Ercot (Taylor, TX) in March 2014.

Interview

I turned in my resume in a college career fair. I got contacted 6 months after that! The interview process was long and they asked me about everything in my resume. The 3 managers I met were very nice. I haven't been contacted yet but the managers gave me the impression that they will make an offer.

Interview Questions

• What is the best thing about yourself? What is the best thing about your self? These types of questions just makes me crazy.   Answer Question

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Taylor, TX

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Ercot (Taylor, TX) in October 2013.

Interview

After 2 phone interviews & Onsite interview, I was led to believe by the recruiter that I was a contender for the position for 3 months which was not true.

Interview Questions

• Easy. The same overview was repeated by 4 different people.   Answer Question

PMO Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Taylor, TX

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Ercot (Taylor, TX).

Interview

Two interviews. First on phone, second Skype. The manager is very nice. Asked me about some technical and finance questions. Good luck. The interview is easy. Smile and be confident!

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Ercot.

Interview

Applied online and received a phone call a few weeks later. Initial phone interview is a simple screening process and pretty simple. Was invited down for an onsite interview the next week. The onsite interview was great, got the chance to interview with multiple people and they asked good questions and kept it relaxed.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation really.