Ercot

Updated Dec 3, 2014

2.6

Planning Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Taylor, TX

I applied online. The process took 8+ monthsinterviewed at Ercot.

Don't waste your time and don't put hopes even if the recruiter is giving you hope. I had a phone screen interview followed by an on-site interview. The interview went very smooth and all indications gave me strong impression the job is mine. The recruiter kept calling me once a week to make sure I am still available and still interested in the job. After 3 or 4 weeks of this weekly flow up from their side. I didn't get the job.

This is not the end of the story, after about 8 months they contacted me out of the blue suggesting a position and they even suggested the salary, they talked as if it were an offer, and after I accepted their "offer" I kept waiting and waiting again and receiving similar follow up e-mails from them, I got nothing again. This time I couldn't wait for them any further as I received another offer from a really serious employer.

ERCOT hiring managers need to learn that applicants have lives and they won't put their lives on hold for long time.

Their location is away from any civilization anyway, just surrounded with cotton fields.

Interview Questions
    • nothing was difficult, the interview was a piece of cake.   Answer Question

Instructional Developer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Ercot in August 2014.

Interviewed with HR over the phone. Nothing difficult. More of a screening process. In-person interview was with hiring manager and director. Interview went well. Nothing surprising. Felt that the group/Manager/Director would be enjoyable to work with and the position seemed exciting, challenging and something to get up and do everyday. Although located in Taylor, TX, If

Network Modeling Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Ercot in April 2014.

First round HR Interview. Second and Final round - Hiring Manager / Technical Interview. Though I was asked technical questions in second/final round, behavioral questions dominated the session. The questions were like - Narrate best experience with your previous boss / Worst experience with your previous boss, Critical situation that you had handled, situation where you prevented a crisis, blah..blah..

Interview Questions
    • Behavior Question:- Explain a critical situation that you had handled during your previous job   View Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Taylor, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 7+ monthsinterviewed at Ercot in March 2014.

I turned in my resume in a college career fair. I got contacted 6 months after that! The interview process was long and they asked me about everything in my resume. The 3 managers I met were very nice. I haven't been contacted yet but the managers gave me the impression that they will make an offer.

Interview Questions
    • What is the best thing about yourself? What is the best thing about your self? These types of questions just makes me crazy.   Answer Question

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Taylor, TX

I applied online – interviewed at Ercot in October 2013.

After 2 phone interviews & Onsite interview, I was led to believe by the recruiter that I was a contender for the position for 3 months which was not true.

Interview Questions
    • Easy. The same overview was repeated by 4 different people.   Answer Question

PMO Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Taylor, TX

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Ercot.

Two interviews. First on phone, second Skype. The manager is very nice. Asked me about some technical and finance questions.

Good luck. The interview is easy. Smile and be confident!

Engineering Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Ercot.

Applied online and received a phone call a few weeks later. Initial phone interview is a simple screening process and pretty simple. Was invited down for an onsite interview the next week. The onsite interview was great, got the chance to interview with multiple people and they asked good questions and kept it relaxed.

No negotiation really.

Cyber Security Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Taylor, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Ercot in May 2012.

Very different interview process. I loved the interview because the interviewers were very easy going which made it easy to talk to and they want to onestly know how much you know just, so they can give you the perffect project.

Senior Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Taylor, TX

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Ercot in August 2009.

Interview process is very formal. First technical interview, they asked about the relevant questions to the job followed by hr interview

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Ercot in February 2009.

Started with a phone interview, then was called in for a face-to-face. Was asked about project management methodologies and what types of projects that I had worked on before and challenges I faced. Was interviewed by a panel.

Interview Questions
    Fairly simple, with the opportunity to negotiate salary