Erickson

Erickson Interview Questions

3.1

Segment Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied online – interviewed at Erickson in April 2014.

Applied for position via Linked in. Gatekeeper made initial telephone interview to discuss basics of position to include outlining basic duties and responsibilities. Conversation lasted approximately 20mins. Second interview via telephone was established with hiring manager. This interview lasted for approximately 1hr and was very detailed starting from the basic framework of requirements and expectation for the position as well as requesting input and recommendations for improvements. Last interview was in-person with executive staff in Oregon. Flew into Portland for the day, met with 6x Executives Face to Face and conducted 3x Interviews with Support Staff via Teleconference.

Interview Questions

Position was advertised to be based in Florida. Requirement was subsequently changed to Oregon.

Purchaser/Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Central Point, OR

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Erickson in March 2014.

Standard interview process: I submitted a resume for the position, I received an e-mail explaining that I should expect a follow-up call. The call came and I was interviewed via telephone for :30min. Within two days I was asked to travel 450mi for a personal interview.
    I was early for my interview with four key Department people whom -I'm certain had important things to do as-well. They humored my presence and fielded their routine questions. . ultimately I left feeling pretty "ok" with the overall experience.

Interview Questions
    • "where do you see yourself in the immediate future" and "where do you see yourself in the long-term?"

I am generally turned-off by such questions as they really have nothing to do with the immediate interview situation. By asking these questions potential employers paint the interviewee into a corner wherein they are pretty much baited to provide either a false, contrived response, or to provide a vague, selfish response.

From my perspective: Drop that line of questioning from the repertoire.

Answer Question

Purchasing Agent/Buyer and Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Central Point, OR

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Erickson.

I faxed in my resume with cover letter and a letter of recommendation from a former employer to human resources. Within a few days I was called in for an interview with the Director of Materials. The interview was one on one in the director's office. The interview consisted of work background, what was involved with the job I was being hired for and a tour of the department and interdiction of employee's in the department. I was hired on the spot. I filled out paperwork and was drug tested prior to my start date.

Interview Questions
    • Would you be able to handle working for a small company in a job that you are over qualified for after working for a large corporation?   View Answer
    It was simple, I accepted the offer. I wasn't concerned about the money at the time because I knew the Valley was somewhat depressed. I was looking for a job to keep me busy not to support myself. If I were to do it again, I would have insisted on more money. My offer was half of what I was earning the year before.

Machinist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Central Point, OR

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Erickson in July 2013.

I applied online, received a call the next morning to come in for an interview. They set it up on a Saturday, paid for my hotel and had four key employees sit in on the interview. Then I answered a few questions, I asked a few of my own, then was given a comprehensive test to see where my skill level was. I was given a tour of the facility and received an offer in a week or so.

Interview Questions
    • What did I like about my (then) current employer? I told then I really couldn't think of the three things they wanted, and if they were that great I wouldn't be here interviewing for the Erickson job.   Answer Question
    I initially told them thanks, but no thanks since their offer was about the same as I was already making. We talked about where I would be in 5 years if I stayed where I was, vs if I came to Erickson. I was told they couldn't offer me more money to start, but that I would be allowed to work overtime (voluntarily) if that would help. I was still hesitant, but took a chance and have not been sorry one second since.

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Central Point, OR

The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Erickson in April 2011.

4 days consisting of the above steps

Interview Questions
    ask for more money! They work you to death!

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Erickson in March 2010.

The 3rd party recruiter I was working with said I was 'perfect' for the job but had to convince the hiring manager to interview me. The guy was nice and we had a good conversation, but he irrationally said I didn't have enough experience, despite meeting or exceeding EVERY single bullet point in the job description. Rumor from some other folks was that he interviewed 25+ people and still hadn't made a hire.

Stress Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Central Point, OR

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Erickson in September 2009.

At first I was not to be considered but they changed their requirements and I did a phone interview. That was done well. A few days after I was asked to fly out for a 1/2 day interview at their expense. Arrangements made were sloppy and I had to correct it with them. Once there, I sat with the manager for an hour, toured the plant and then was interviewed by the manager and two leads. The questions were good, fairly challenging, and I was glad to get a technical question. Whole process was good and enjoyable. It did not result in an offer; they later changed their requirements (or desires) again. Like many companies at this time, they seem to have problems pulling the trigger.

Interview Questions
    • Have you memorized the FAR documents by number?   View Answer
    • After working in new technologies, do you mind working with older ones?   View Answer