Erickson Living

Updated Dec 2, 2014
Updated Dec 2, 2014

2.9

Security/Emt Supervisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Erickson Living.

Applied online, received a phone call two weeks later. Hr rep went over a check list and ask me to come in a for in person interview. Went the following week and meet with Hr rep and Manager for the job. Hit it off really well. Manager acted as though I got the job, started telling me about the next steps and orientation. I did not hear back from them for 4 weeks. I called asking about the position, no return phone call. I went online to their website and saw they had a regular EMT position open, so I applied. They called me the next day and hired me for the lesser paying job. Hopefully I can move my way up once inside.

I have heard the worse part of this company is not the residents or the workers, it's the HR department and inexperienced managers. Thus far- it proves this is true.

Interview Questions
    They base salary off a pay bracket. Your experience apparently determines your rate. I have tons of experience but they are starting me on the lower end of the pay scale.

Social Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, VA
    Anonymous Employee in Springfield, VA

I applied online – interviewed at Erickson Living in June 2014.

I was interviewed by 10 social worker. Not a professional at all experience. Thay hadn't have any questions to ask me, just asked to tell about my experience.

Security Officer Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Erickson Living.

I had applied online and then received an invitation to attend a job fair at the campus I applied to. The job fair was complete chaos and I think they had twice as many people show up as they had planned. It was actually supposed to be invite only but they were letting anyone who showed up in. So, after standing in line for the shuttle (we had to park off campus) I stood in another line to get in the room where the job fair was being held. After finally making it to the table I had to fill out a basic info sheet. I then sat in a waiting area for a bit and got called up in a group and they did a speed interview session. Some of the questions were asked down the line, others only one person got asked. It took about 3 minutes after all that waiting in line. Supposedly this was a screening interview and all our applications/answers were going to a hiring manager who would decide if we would be called in for interviews. I was told the hiring manager would reach out to everyone within a few days regardless of if we were chosen for a 2nd interview. Well I never heard from these people again.

Interview Questions
    • If I were to call your current employer and ask for one word that describes you what would it be?   View Answer

Service Manager Interview

This process moved very quickly for me.

Junior Accountant Interview

felt that interview was rushed and that they weren't listening

Prep Cook Interview

Interview with Executive Chef and HR Department, and a cooking demo

Communications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, VA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Erickson Living in September 2013.

initial interview with HR rep and your future supervisor-45 minutes (very casual, held out in the open on a sofa in a room with employees and residents milling about
    phone call from manager inviting you to meet with him
    second interview with manager only-1 hour ( a bit intimidating, in an empty conference room far away from any activity. he spent almost 20 minutes discussing the history of Erickson and it is not very exciting. left thinking he could have cared less about me)

Interview Questions
    • Basic stuff. Sincerely. Appeal to what you think the person likes and respects personally.   Answer Question
    I was given $13 an hour, had asked for $15, but the normal pay was $11 and they went up $2 because of my education and experience

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online – interviewed at Erickson Living.

Interviewed over the phone with the HR department and the Regional, then on to the community where I was interviewed by the Director and sales staff.

Human Resources Medical Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Novi, MI
    Anonymous Employee in Novi, MI

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Erickson Living in April 2013.

interviewed in a group of HR people, where they all ask several questions each. interview went well, but I don't think it was a fit for me. It would not be in a doctors' office setting, and some of the requirements were different than in a doctors office setting.

Interview Questions
    • don't remember all the questions they asked, they all asked several each. Each interviewer asked questions related to problem solving, being able to work alone, efficiently. It was a nice company and facility, but I don't think this particular job would be a job i would desire.   Answer Question

All Positions Interview

Anonymous Employee in Riderwood, MD
    Anonymous Employee in Riderwood, MD

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Erickson Living in February 2013.

Phone interview by recruiter, follow by in person with hiring manager, once selected final interview with direct reports

Interview Questions
    • What would you do to change the culture of the organization   View Answer

Organization Culture